SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaching Change

SIOUXELEVENS

If tonight wasn't the last straw boy I don't know what will. One of Hakstol's trade mark is flat teams when something is on the line( see all the ff he has coached in, NH and Yale etc). I believe Hakstol is a great recruiter and asst. coach but he sure doesn't fire up the players for games. It goes back to the day he took over that we wouldn't even notice the difference in coaching styles well most of us have noticed. He relieved Eades of his duties because he wanted to improve the D well thar sure hasn't worked, we are way worse defensively then last year. I know Goon or Mafia Man will criticize this post but oh well I have had season tickets since 84 and tonight was a game that caused Gino to be replaced. Maybe Hakstol is two nice to the young men and need to be more of a disciplinarian and not their friend but the coach. We all pay good money for our tickets and should expect a better product then what we had tonight. All the talent that has come through ND and no titles for Hakstol, maybe time to move on.

• Upvote 2

Don't care if you acknowledge it or not. Maybe your happy with this team and how they play, I am not. ( it's a perfect comparison to Gino's years same results)

Ok, I'll bite.

Who should we hire to replace Hakstol?

And, do you remember how horrible the last few Gino-led Sioux teams were? The only way this is a perfect comparison to that would be if they didn't win another game this season and finished well below .500.

if my post bothers him maybe he is in the wrong position. I doubt his skin is as thin as some of the posters here.

Relax, I was just giving you a hard time. They stunk it up tonight, no doubt. I actually switched games in the third. That game was much better along with the audio and video quality. They lost too.

I think the comment was meant to be "How do you think HAK feels about the team's performance tonight?" I really don't think Hak reads the posts on this board. He has enough REAL things to deal with than the up and down comments on this board. This is for the fans to use. Enjoy it and if you have an opinion that others may not agree with, so what. It's your right to comment. But on that same note, just remember that when things start to get a lot better, you should probably acknowledge the fact that the coaches are not just guys that do this on a whim. They have many years of experience at a lot of higher levels that 99% of the posters on the board. In other words, just hang in there.

I would say that the first 55 minutes of the game tonight were some of the most uninspired I've ever seen from a UND hockey team. Also remember that that could change 180 degrees when they play their next game (which, fortunately is less than 24 hours away).