SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaching Change

SIOUXELEVENS

This thread is why reading Sioux Sports after a loss is hilarious. The overraction is comical.

No, it's hilarious because you're an awful person. ;)

I don't mind losing, but seeing such a poor effort is not OK. That's mostly on the players, not Hak, but I can understand if someone is frustrated with the coaching staff.

Did you even watch the game? Mind your business.

Whose Hal? I think last night's game was a stinker and what else can you say? I can tell you that the coach wasn't happy last night. Do we start firing head coaches because his team laid an egg? Oh yeah!!! Fire the head coach, fire coach Berry, did I miss anyone.

Hal was the homicidal computer on 2001 A Space Odyssey.
  • Upvote 1

If tonight wasn't the last straw boy I don't know what will. One of Hakstol's trade mark is flat teams when something is on the line( see all the ff he has coached in, NH and Yale etc). I believe Hakstol is a great recruiter and asst. coach but he sure doesn't fire up the players for games. It goes back to the day he took over that we wouldn't even notice the difference in coaching styles well most of us have noticed. He relieved Eades of his duties because he wanted to improve the D well thar sure hasn't worked, we are way worse defensively then last year. I know Goon or Mafia Man will criticize this post but oh well I have had season tickets since 84 and tonight was a game that caused Gino to be replaced. Maybe Hakstol is two nice to the young men and need to be more of a disciplinarian and not their friend but the coach. We all pay good money for our tickets and should expect a better product then what we had tonight. All the talent that has come through ND and no titles for Hakstol, maybe time to move on.

When people pay money for something there's an expectation, right SIOUXELEVENS?

Just like yesterday at the drive-through. I paid for a burger, fries and coke and you didn't put the fries in there.

• Upvote 1

Very nice Rick don't agree fine but you have no idea who I am any more then I know who you are. That's why this site sucks is if you don't agree insults come out and now I am the bastard? I dont expect everyone to agree and that's what made this country great but I guess only ricks, mafia man and goon can be right.

Duke's Board of Trustees has called an emergency meeting this afternoon to discuss Coach K's job after the Blue Devils' 30something point loss to Miami the other night. I also read that Bob Kraft will be firing Bill Belichick no later than Monday.

So your comparing Hak to guys that have won multiple championships at their level?

As soon as he wins one he will be afforded that luxury. Sound fair?

• Upvote 2

I dont expect everyone to agree and that's what made this country great but I guess only ricks, mafia man and goon can be right.

Really? In the past week, I've been called a 'douche' and a 'friggin' retard' so obviously I'm missing something about being 'right'.

So your comparing Hak to guys that have won multiple championships at their level?

As soon as he wins one he will be afforded that luxury. Sound fair?

Fair enough, but if winning NCAA bouncey ball championships was easy, Coach K and Duke should have more than 3 measly titles in 40+ years, right?

It took Jerry York almost 20 years to win his second one...good thing BC didn't pull the plug on his coaching career after losing to UND in 2000, eh?

Fair enough, but if winning NCAA bouncey ball championships was easy, Coach K and Duke should have more than 3 measly titles in 40+ years, right?

It took Jerry York almost 20 years to win his second one...good thing BC didn't pull the plug on his coaching career after losing to UND in 2000, eh?

To win his SECOND. Capitalized it for you.

UND fans are getting apathetic if winning Final Fives is enough for them now. This program has more built-in advantages than any other in the country and have not won a thing in 11 years.

• Upvote 1

not from me, we all our Sioux fans just different opinions

Dude, you just threw me in front of a bus insinuating that I'm some pompous prick who thinks he has the solution to all Sioux hockey problems...now you want to help me up off the pavement?

I offered up my two cents earlier...grabbing the top talent in the hockey world and throwing it on one team doesn't make that the best 'team' when the skates are laced up. UND clearly needs some meat and potatoes guys and less guys waiting for an NHL paycheck. Hey, that reminds me...how many BC Eagles are in the NHL right now? Far fewer than Sioux guys...

• Upvote 2

Different team if Dell had stayed. We are average in the nets right now. For those whose lives seem to revolve around Sioux Hockey or for that matter any sport, I can't argue with whatever goofy ideas you come up with cuz it won't matter what anyone else says. Last nights game is over. This team has the potential to continue to be one of the best in the country. Without an outstanding Goalie, we will have trouble sustaining a run at title #6.

The lack of respect shown other programs whether it be the Gophers, Badgers, Michigan, Bemidji, BC or in this case St. Cloud, leads some to believe these games can't happen. Coaches can't always guarantee the kids will be ready to play.

Its a flipping college hockey game. The coaches have better things to do than read these blogs because my opinion and yours is irrelevant. If people are going to turn in their season tickets when we struggle, then you need to switch to video hockey. Hakstol has taken this team to the frozen four in more than half his years coaching. If you can get a team there you can coach. Not being able to "win the big one" is more of a media myth than fact. Vikings haven't won a supper bowl. Bud Grant was still a great coach. Wade Phillips and Marv Levy didnt' win Super Bowls but they were good coaches. They got fired and the subsequesnt teams didn't do as well.

If the Sioux hockey teams fail to make playoffs, fail to be ranked nationally and stop recruiting top recruits, then we have a problem. God help us if we start canning coaches cuz some fans can't accept that St. Cloud is a pretty good team and we can play good hockey and still lose on any given night. However we didn't do that last night Last nights game was in fact an embarrassment. Not to us cuz we didn't play. It was an embarrassment to the players and coaches. Nothing we can do about it and calling for the coaches head won't make it happen.

• Upvote 4

Dude, you just threw me in front of a bus insinuating that I'm some pompous prick who thinks he has the solution to all Sioux hockey problems...now you want to help me up off the pavement?

I offered up my two cents earlier...grabbing the top talent in the hockey world and throwing it on one team doesn't make that the best 'team' when the skates are laced up. UND clearly needs some meat and potatoes guys and less guys waiting for an NHL paycheck. Hey, that reminds me...how many BC Eagles are in the NHL right now? Far fewer than Sioux guys...

Heck even if I do not completely agree with you I do respect your arguments though. Have I been missing something as to where MafiaMan acted as if he had all the answers? You do come up with some great analogies. Throw me under the bus and then want to help me up from the pavement gets a big thumbs up!

To win his SECOND. Capitalized it for you.

UND fans are getting apathetic if winning Final Fives is enough for them now. This program has more built-in advantages than any other in the country and have not won a thing in 11 years.

Yea...it took Jerry, what, 15 years to win his FIRST at Boston College?

So UND has more built-in advantages than any other in the country...gee, didn't Sioux fans used to say that about Minnesota?