SiouxSports.com Forum

Coaching Change

SIOUXELEVENS

I know Goon or Mafia Man will criticize this post but oh well I have had season tickets since 84 and tonight was a game that caused Gino to be replaced. Maybe Hakstol is two nice to the young men and need to be more of a disciplinarian and not their friend but the coach. We all pay good money for our tickets and should expect a better product then what we had tonight. All the talent that has come through ND and no titles for Hakstol, maybe time to move on.

Let's not turn college hockey into college football by firing coaches if they don't win a national title within three years of being hired. Go look up some history and see how long it took Red Berenson, Jack Parker, and Jerry York to win national titles...or how many years between titles they had before winning another one. I would imagine you will be surprised. Yes, I'm aware of Jerry's recent good luck...go back further.

Went to the game last night...trying to remember a performance as lackluster in recent memory but having trouble...maybe a bag skate after the 2nd period would have been in order...anyway, while they try get the train back on the tracks, two more points slipped away...I'm hoping for a big turnaround tonite...if you can't play hard against a league opponent, in your own building, then maybe you need a little more motivtation...and by the way, hit someone out there!

Went to the game last night...trying to remember a performance as lackluster in recent memory but having trouble...maybe a bag skate after the 2nd period would have been in order...anyway, while they try get the train back on the tracks, two more points slipped away...I'm hoping for a big turnaround tonite...if you can't play hard against a league opponent, in your own building, then maybe you need a little more motivtation...and by the way, hit someone out there!

All of this.

Now that Eades is gone, none of our "true"coaching staff have won a national title as player or coach (I know Goerhing has one, but is he even paid?)...this is highly unusual for a program of our caliber.

Go around the horn...

Minnesota check

Omaha check

SCSU check

Denver check

UMD check

Wisconsin check

Winning is an attitude and a swagger. No rings in the locker room with the exception of the 30 year old goalie coach is not cool

Goon will come on here and defend hal like its his dad... he needs to jkeep nice so he can continue to be involved in the sausage fest in the press box.

Is it just me or is everyone that wants to be connected to the und hockey team is intimidated not to speak their true feelings??? Unless that id you enjoyed the game last nite and thought hal coached a hell of a game

Goon will come on here and defend hal like its his dad... he needs to jkeep nice so he can continue to be involved in the sausage fest in the press box.

Is it just me or is everyone that wants to be connected to the und hockey team is intimidated not to speak their true feelings??? Unless that id you enjoyed the game last nite and thought hal coached a hell of a game

Who is Hal?

This thread is why reading Sioux Sports after a loss is hilarious. The overraction is comical.

Duke's Board of Trustees has called an emergency meeting this afternoon to discuss Coach K's job after the Blue Devils' 30something point loss to Miami the other night. I also read that Bob Kraft will be firing Bill Belichick no later than Monday.

So what does everyone suggest we do nothing and just be glad we get to watch some form of hockey? For real it hasn't been very good all year and if your all happy with that so be it. People in another thread were saying how good the 1997 team was, not a lot of stars but out worked the other teams and was sound defensively, sounds like Hak should show them some film. If you dont work hard you sit.

Goon will come on here and defend hal like its his dad...

Whose Hal? I think last night's game was a stinker and what else can you say? I can tell you that the coach wasn't happy last night. Do we start firing head coaches because his team laid an egg? Oh yeah!!! Fire the head coach, fire coach Berry, did I miss anyone.

The team that lost in the Frozen Four with Stafford, Zajac, Oshie, and Toews was the biggest downer for me.

The Frattin team that lost to Michigan in the Frozen Four was a close 2nd.

The Parise team that lost to DU in the Regional was also right up there.

ONE of those 3 teams should've taken home the national title. No excuses.

THe high pay that comes from a figurehead position (VP in a company, head coach, etc) is nothing more than a risk-premium. You get paid a lot, because you can be fired tomorrow. Criticism of the coaching staff is warranted, not because we lost, and not because we had a flat game, but because of the inconsistency we have seen this year.

• Upvote 2

The team that lost in the Frozen Four with Stafford, Zajac, Oshie, and Toews was the biggest downer for me.

The Frattin team that lost to Michigan in the Frozen Four was a close 2nd.

The Parise team that lost to DU in the Regional was also right up there.

ONE of those 3 teams should've taken home the national title. No excuses.

...and Red's 1997 team should have won it all, no excuses, just like North Dakota's 1998 team. Upsets happen.