SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ MINNESOTA - Saturday, one last dance....

AZSIOUX

Heck of a game tonight, just the kind you hope for when these two teams meet. Really thought UND was going to bang one in in OT there, they had some really nice chances.

It's a shame to see this rivalry take a break but I'm sure there will be some pretty epic battles in the Regionals and maybe Frozen Fours in the next few years to keep the fires burning. :)

I really thought the linseman in this series did a horrible job. A lot of guys kicked out of faceoffs and pucks dropped when guys weren't in which usually doesn't happen. I thought they should have dropped the puck over on what eventually was Minnesota's tying goal as Knight wasn't even down and in at the dot yet. Overall I thought we played pretty well throughout the lineup. We still need to clean up some things in our own zone and do a better job tying guys up in front of the net but it is improving. I think the performance tonight is the type of performance that will get the guys going a little bit and roll off a nice win streak. I thought Zane played pretty well and probably deserves to start next Friday night. Probably should have won this game and had to settle the for the tie but some very encouraging things and I would bet this won't be the last game against them this season.

Without Eades this year...definately something missing this year amongst the coaching as the defense has been very painful to watch

That doesn't answer the question though? How would getting rid of Jackson or Hak have helped the defense this year? Neither of them is the defense coach.

Berry is getting the team adjusted to his style especially those who played under Eades as they are two different coaches. That doesn't necessarily completely happen in 4 months...it can take a little longer.

• Upvote 1

The last 3 Gopher goals were all a direct result of one or two defenseman making just really poor plays...Mac was not very good tonight.

Rocco is a something else. How he hasn't played with Kristo more is interesting and perplexing. UM had no answer when they were on the ice together.

Better team tonight was unlucky and settled for a tie.

Zane was very good tonight...deserves at least one start next weekend.

Was a great college hockey game. UND made a positive statement after getting worked over last night.

This team has what it takes talent wise to go deep in the NCAA but it will continue to struggle to finish games if it doesn't clean up it's defense in front of it's own net. Baffling how this continues.

Getting one of four points to the number one team in the nation on Olympic ice is a good thing! I hate the goofs but I love them also! What a great weekend, the Sioux got the short end but let's see what happens at the end of the year! What a great weekend of hockey, I will miss this rivalry!!

I think we can all agree that Rocco Kristo and knight should be the top line and that Pattyn should go back to his post on the 4 th line.

Stclair looked really solid tonight and should be a in there from now on.

Also anyone think Mitch looked out of place? I say either 3rd line or scratch with him.

That doesn't answer the question though? How would getting rid of Jackson or Hak have helped the defense this year? Neither of them is the defense coach.

Berry is getting the team adjusted to his style especially those who played under Eades as they are two different coaches. That doesn't necessarily completely happen in 4 months...it can take a little longer.

It does answer the question...just not to your liking. I'm only pointing out what everyone else also has observed...is that the defense is playing very un-Sioux like compared to what we have seen in the past. By your own addmition, you also agree that it could take 4months" or longer for the team to play good defense"......because in the past our teams were defined by excellent defense and taking the fight to the other team....not playing on your heels for 3 periods

I think we can all agree that Rocco Kristo and knight should be the top line and that Pattyn should go back to his post on the 4 th line.

Stclair looked really solid tonight and should be a in there from now on.

Also anyone think Mitch looked out of place? I say either 3rd line or scratch with him.

Agree w all of it. Mitch has a place somewhere. I would put him w Mark and Drake. Colton up with Parks Rowney. After watching Colton play it is another perplexing situation how he has been scratched so many times

Tough to lose this one. Really thought the forwards played well.

Dzone play has got to get better. I thought Simpson played well and Gleason wasn't bad tonight. The rest of them, well...

A split would've really helped.

One take away from this weekend is that Minnesota is for real and is excellent; and we can go toe to toe with them. We won 3 periods this weekend. They won 3 periods this weekend.

takes 5 to play in the defensive zone!

UM goal #2...Mac butchers a clearing attempt then kicks it around in corner.

UM goal #3...Forbort make a bad play on an attempted check of Bjugstad.

UM goal #4...Mattson whiffs on clear then Mac leaves Condon wide opening coming down slot.

• Upvote 1