SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney

AZSIOUX

2013 IIHF iPhone app - https://itunes.apple...91016?l=en&mt=8

Just downloaded the app and it's nice. It includes information for men's and women's IIHF games (Men's Championships, Men's U-20 and U-18, Women's Championships, Women's U-18 Championships). Box scores, rosters, scoring leaders, team stats, jerseys, etc. You can also set your favorite team and receive notifications of game times and goals.

Russia wins 2-1, Russia with a check into the boards toward the end gave US a good chance to tie it but they couldn't connect.

Funny how Russia calls out Canada for being dirty players and then they open a Slovakia guy up with a stick to the face and this game they plant a guy into the boards face-first.

I am so sick and tired of losing to Team Putin (Russia) in this tournament. :angry: Heck, we have more success against Canada than we do the Russians. I think part of it is we are more familiar with the players Canada has on their team because they are so well-known from playing in North American leagues (NCAA, CHL, AHL, NHL, ect). Whatever the reason, I hate losing to those no-class jerks. I loved it when Sweden beat them for the gold in 2012.

• Upvote 1

Need to bury chances. If Geaudreau has that same chance against UND in the NCAA tournament he'd score. When I'm cheering for him, he can't buy a goal.

Can't really complain about anything......goaltending was good....had chances.....just couldn't bury them.

And yes, Seth Jones found out how fast Russians really are.