SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota vs. UMD

AZSIOUX

why would you say that? i went to the games last weekend and without him, Sioux maybe lose both and Saturday could've been 8-2. Best goalie performance i've seen in a long time for UND.

LOL!!!! I think that was a Rhetorical question. :) I would start him both games if I was the coaching staff. I also agree, that Saunders was the reason the Saturday game was close.

I say try him at forward again too. He has had some torubles back at D lately making some costly bad decisions.

I don't have any trouble with him at forward but having a D-man who can break out of the zone by himself is a hot commodity and I don't think he has made more mistakes than anyone else save Macwilliam.

I'm a little surprised that Panz is sitting. Might be time for Gleason to sit for a game and give Panz a shot.

Speedy defenseman who is great at going end to end but is a defensive liability at times. Sounds familiar - doesn't it?

What suprises me is how much Gleason is getting noticed for mistakes, while (IMO) Mattson has looked worse and gets little mention? FWIW - I like Arthur Panzerelli and would also like to see him get some time. But I think the right move right now is to not make any. There is still reason to believe the errors in our end can be corrected by better decisions. Leave the most talented guys in until you are absolutley certain their shortcomings can't/won't be cured by a good "get your head out of your a$$" paint-peeling. I think it is early enough to do that....right?

We need a different look for the PP - we don't need impatient forwards playing the point. We have enough skill at D to man the point for both PP sets.

I agree.

The defensemen are good at getting the puck on net at the right moments for tips and rebounds. And Kristo is good at scoring goals down low. Kristo-Knight-Grimaldi--- Forbort-Simpson

Yeah Forbort is a beast and I think he has been playing awesome so far this season. I can see him taking alot of Bloods minutes from last season. As fas as McWilliam did anyone see those 3 penalties from Saturday game? They were at the opposite side I was at. Were they legitimate calls?

Also, going to Sioux games this weekend.First time in few years. Pretty excited. All the damm hotels are booked though! Anyone know what the hell the deal is!?!

Sioux Yeah Yeah!!

Also, going to Sioux games this weekend.First time in few years. Pretty excited. All the damm hotels are booked though! Anyone know what the hell the deal is!?!

Sioux Yeah Yeah!!

They are booked for every home series weekend. The "Power of the Sioux."

They are booked for every home series weekend. The "Power of the Sioux."

Actually, they are booked for almost every weekend of the year. UND hockey weekends push them over the top. But, it is hard to get a hotel room almost every weekend in Grand Forks. That is why several hotels have opened in the last couple of years, 2 more hotels are being built right now, and there is talk of more. It is a good time to be in the hotel business in Grand Forks.

Kristo can't stay snakebit hitting pipes forever, once they start going in it should get Knight cranked up too. I still think that line is going to put up big numbers this year, they just haven't quite got it going yet.

Fortunately we have other guys who have been filling the net...and that goalie isn't too bad either. :)

I understand that in the age of butterfly goalies, shooters will go high, but pucks near the ice and on net sure find a way of going in a lot of the time, either through a five-hole, a tip, a skate, or a rebound. Waterbottle goals are hilite material, but sometimes Kristo goes that way a little too often IMO.

Easy to pick nits, though. He's really been hustling this year, as he did last year. They will start going in.

Yeah Forbort is a beast and I think he has been playing awesome so far this season. I can see him taking alot of Bloods minutes from last season. As fas as McWilliam did anyone see those 3 penalties from Saturday game? They were at the opposite side I was at. Were they legitimate calls?

Sioux Yeah Yeah!!

Discovery of oil in western Grand Forks County!?