SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. BOSTON U - Friday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Loved Grimaldi trying to go soccer and deflect the flying puck in with his chest. Had he not been checked I'll bet it would have worked, and that would have been one for the highlight reel. It takes some real presence to not try to knock it in with a stick or hand, which are the instinctive moves.

Loved Grimaldi trying to go soccer and deflect the flying puck in with his chest. Had he not been checked I'll bet it would have worked, and that would have been one for the highlight reel. It takes some real presence to not try to knock it in with a stick or hand, which are the instinctive moves.

That was something, might add had he not been "cross-checked in the back". BU did a lot of hooking, holding, and cross checking when UND put on the pressure from mid-game on; the lopsidedness in penalties should have been even greater.

If the goal light goes off don't the refs have to review the play?? Gaarder should of had 4.

Goal light didn't go off but yet they reviewed the BU play.

Anyone have an explanation?

We were passing hat to collect bail $$$ for Hak during BU review cause he would have come over the boards to inflict damage if they would have allowed the BU goal.

The problem is hunt is going to say I lost sight of the puck and my intent was to blow the whistle. So if they reviewed it and hunt talks to goal judge who says the puck is moving and I saw it the whole way then hunt has to make looker announce the official on the ice lost sight of the puck. In Shepard's case the net is knocked off the moorings so he has to look and see why the net came off did the puck beat the net and if the net came off after the puck was it caused by a bu player and if it was what caused the bu player to go into the net.

From the video i cannot see contact to the head....he did however leave his feet, two minutes for charging.

I agree it looked like shoulder to shoulder but at full speed I can see why the refs made the call. Don't really agree but you will see that call made more than not.

You got two fixes:

1) Don't watch it on the hi-def station since it isn't broadcast in that quality. Their is a regular def channel. (easy fix)

2) change your settings on your box so that it automatically fills screen. (depends on your tv box knowledge level)

I tried telling him this a week ago, I gave up....lol

I have said many times Gaarder is a poor man's Oshie. Gets to the greasy areas, plays physical and gets to where he needs to be on the ice without being a great skater.

Connor has been making some great strides this year and I think he has a lot of upside.

I agree it looked like shoulder to shoulder but at full speed I can see why the refs made the call. Don't really agree but you will see that call made more than not.

That was a horrible call by the officials and then the goal that should have counted was an even more brutal call. I just hope that Don Adam doesn’t hire these clowns to be NCHC officials. I think the NCHC needs to move away from the Shepherd ref cartel and get some new blood in there.

The Finn was in the trolley tracks and got what he deserved, a good clean open ice hit. Let's see if he tries that move again tonight.

That was a good clean, hard hit, nothing more. The Finn didn't even hit his head on the ice, the hold his head thing was just to draw a penalty, and, as usual, it worked to perfection for BU.

The Finn was in the trolley tracks and got what he deserved, a good clean open ice hit. Let's see if he tries that move again tonight.

How about the acting job as he lay on the ice flailing around and acting like he was shot and then by some miracle from up above recovered to score on the PP?

That was a good clean, hard hit, nothing more. The Finn didn't even hit his head on the ice, the hold his head thing was just to draw a penalty, and, as usual, it worked to perfection for BU.

BU reminded me of Minnesota and how they dove up and down the ice. I thought they were incredibly light on their skates and they must takes classes in drama at BU.

They really need to start reviewing hits to the head to get the call right. I'm sick of seeing Mac kicked out of games on a total judgement call. And if they really want to get this concussion thing right the player that is down on the ice shouldn't be allowed to come back on the ice for at least 20 mins. The Finn sure looked like his head hurt last night when he scored a goal last night 2 mins after laying there like his head was going to fall off. Pathetic.

I wonder if after a piss poor performance like that if there is any embarrassment or self realization of how big a fool you just proved yourself to be. I mean what dies one feel when they realize that they have been played by a euro-trash dive master after that goal.

Good lord the NCHC has botched almost everything so far but if they do anything right it better by the officiating but that isn't looking good either

He didnt jump into the player like frattin did to wheres but I will say that is 2 for charging. he didnt make contact to the head and the Finn probably should have gotten the unsportsman like diving call.

I was just happy that #3 was alright. Thought they were gonna need the gurney. Must be a real tough kid to survive a vicious hit like that after he fired a shot after the whistle to be able to muster up incredible intestinal fortitutude and not miss a shift.... :glare: :glare: :glare: . His game is very reminiscent of Robbie Earl