SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

Got an email from Denver (I'm on their list because I bought tickets for last years game with them...the last WCHA arena I had left on my list). They're practically giving away season tickets!!!

'Denver Fans,

DU hockey season tickets are now on sale for the upcoming 2013-14 season. The best locations won't last and season tickets are your only way to guarantee seats for games that are sure to sell out. Ticket packages start as low as $198 and consist of either a full season package with 22 games or a power pack(half season) with 11 games.

Contact the DU ticket hotline now to reserve seats at 303.871.GOAL (4625) or click here to visit the Pioneer ticketing site.

GO Pioneers!'

Got an email from Denver (I'm on their list because I bought tickets for last years game with them...the last WCHA arena I had left on my list). They're practically giving away season tickets!!!

'Denver Fans,

DU hockey season tickets are now on sale for the upcoming 2013-14 season. The best locations won't last and season tickets are your only way to guarantee seats for games that are sure to sell out. Ticket packages start as low as $198 and consist of either a full season package with 22 games or a power pack(half season) with 11 games.

Contact the DU ticket hotline now to reserve seats at 303.871.GOAL (4625) or click here to visit the Pioneer ticketing site.

GO Pioneers!'

If they are giving them away why are they more expensive than UND's?

If they are giving them away why are they more expensive than UND's?

Regular price for UND hockey season tickets is $390 plus a donation to the Champions Club. $390 is almost twice as much as $198. Not sure why you think that Denver's tickets are more expensive than UND's.

Regular price for UND hockey season tickets is $390 plus a donation to the Champions Club. $390 is almost twice as much as $198. Not sure why you think that Denver's tickets are more expensive than UND's.

Because you did not check the link. $198 is for a partial package only. $374-$582 for a full package.

Because you did not check the link. $198 is for a partial package only. $374-$582 for a full package.

The minimum donation to the Champions Club is $120 to buy a pair of tickets, which ads $60 per seat. So UND season tickets actually start at $450 per seat and goes up, that is still more than $374 for a full package at Denver. The required donation at UND goes up, depending on the section. Seats behind the benches come to more than $750 per seat or more, including the required donation. That would be more than $582. Again, UND tickets are more expensive than Denver. Where did you come up with your statement that UND tickets were cheaper than UND?

The minimum donation to the Champions Club is $120 to buy a pair of tickets, which ads $60 per seat. So UND season tickets actually start at $450 per seat and goes up, that is still more than $374 for a full package at Denver. The required donation at UND goes up, depending on the section. Seats behind the benches come to more than $750 per seat or more, including the required donation. That would be more than $582. Again, UND tickets are more expensive than Denver. Where did you come up with your statement that UND tickets were cheaper than UND?

That is with the strong arm fee being added. Actual ticket costs are higher at DU. I ignored the strong arm fee on purpose. Because that was not the question. You do not have to pay the strong arm fee. Let us call it what it is. Donation is too nice of a word.

That is with the strong arm fee being added. Actual ticket costs are higher at DU. I ignored the strong arm fee on purpose. Because that was not the question. You do not have to pay the strong arm fee. Let us call it what it is. Donation is too nice of a word.

I don't know anyone not paying it, and UND has a waiting list for hockey season tickets. I consider it part of the ticket buying cost.

I don't know anyone not paying it, and UND has a waiting list for hockey season tickets. I consider it part of the ticket buying cost.

Exactly, I was able to pick seats fairly early on in the transfer of seats from the old Ralph, and picked seats in one of four sections that didn't have a Club Membership attached. Little did I know that a year later, Club membership would be required for every season ticket in the new Ralph. Have to say, I was a little upset, because I would have picked much better seats the first time, had I known the changes were coming. Oh well, live and learn.

For students looking for single game tickets at UND, do we sit in the student section or in the single game section? I almost would buy a Season ticket just to sit in the student section.

Single game student seats would be in the student section but they'd be in the upper deck. The upper deck student section is still a good time, but obviously not as good as the lower bowl. Also, chances are that even with student season tickets you'd still end up in the upper deck 1 night per weekend series.

The shootout is an abomination to the sport. Period. It has no business in any level of hockey. And I do not care how exciting they are. Settling ties in basketball with slam-dunks contests would be exciting, but it would also be a colossal joke. Or using field goal kicking contests in football to break ties. I do not care if fans in Montreal, Quebec like shootouts (this is Hakstol's excuse for adopting them), I do not want them anyplace in college hockey. :angry:

I agree with you a lot but I think any way we can get the college game to replicate the NHL will be better for attracting top prospects. They'll have to figure something out though because there are far less games in college.

I agree with you a lot but I think any way we can get the college game to replicate the NHL will be better for attracting top prospects. They'll have to figure something out though because there are far less games in college.

two things the college game to do to replicate the nhl, go to 4 on 4 in OT and have the delay of game penalty for shooting the puck in to the crowd.

Pretty nice that a strong-arm fee is 80% tax deductible. And yes, if you want to argue that on a ticket by ticket basis, DU are more expensive. But part of that reason is there is no required donation to get those tickets. So overall cost, UND's are more. And not sure how you can argue you don't have to "pay the strong arm fee"? UND has a waiting list with people that are more than willing to pay it, so clearly if you don't, someone else will and you won't have tickets.

Pretty nice that a strong-arm fee is 80% tax deductible. And yes, if you want to argue that on a ticket by ticket basis, DU are more expensive. But part of that reason is there is no required donation to get those tickets. So overall cost, UND's are more. And not sure how you can argue you don't have to "pay the strong arm fee"? UND has a waiting list with people that are more than willing to pay it, so clearly if you don't, someone else will and you won't have tickets.

And people complain about add on fees with hotels and airlines,,,

And people complain about add on fees with hotels and airlines,,,

Yes. Very valid comparison..... :silly:

Feel free to not give the donation to have the right to purchase tickets. There is literally a list of a people waiting for the opportunity.

Does UND have problems attracting top NHL prospects to go to school here? Do most of the top programs in NCAA hockey? No and No are the answers to those questions. And having top-notch NHL calibre talent hasn't exactly brought home any NCAA titles, has it?

If people hate ties that much, go to 4 x 4 in regular season overtimes and double the length of the overtime to 10 minutes. That would make it exciting, eliminate a large majority of the ties and keep it a team game, the way God intended! :)

• Upvote 2

Yes. Very valid comparison..... :silly:

Feel free to not give the donation to have the right to purchase tickets. There is literally a list of a people waiting for the opportunity.

Ah but is there really a list or just a way to extort money from people?

Does UND have problems attracting top NHL prospects to go to school here? Do most of the top programs in NCAA hockey? No and No are the answers to those questions. And having top-notch NHL calibre talent hasn't exactly brought home any NCAA titles, has it?

If people hate ties that much, go to 4 x 4 in regular season overtimes and double the length of the overtime to 10 minutes. That would make it exciting, eliminate a large majority of the ties and keep it a team game, the way God intended! :)

This!

• Upvote 2

Ah but is there really a list or just a way to extort money from people?

First, your sentence makes no sense. Second, yes their is a list. I'm confused how money is being extorted? No one is being forced to buy hockey tickets. People voluntarily give the donation for the right to purchase tickets. I suppose UND could just figure it into the price of season tickets and they would be that much higher. But people probably like the tax donation aspect of the way it is done now.

Regardless, I suppose you have some extra time to discuss it considering its a 100+ degrees down in Phoenix. Too warm to be out by the pool.