SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

No disagreement there. PSU instantly became more relevant than OSU in hockey when they elevated their program to D1. OSU hasn't helped their image much either in letting Oz go because of disagreements over facilities upgrades. OSU hockey is just a hot mess and it's all self-inflicted.

Agree 100%.

MTU, SCSU, and MSU-Mankato make the list of top 25 schools with the worst professors.

http://www.cbsnews.c...rst-professors/

What's more shocking is that a viable news source would use "RateMyProfessors.com" in an article. MTU, RPI, Milwaukee School of Engineering, and various other schools that have pretty good national academic reputations are on the list. If anything, this shows which schools have the biggest egos and think they know more than their professors more than any others.

What's more shocking is that a viable news source would use "RateMyProfessors.com" in an article. MTU, RPI, Milwaukee School of Engineering, and various other schools that have pretty good national academic reputations are on the list. If anything, this shows which schools have the biggest egos and think they know more than their professors more than any others.

I second that....what a joke. I have never heard UND as having terrible professors...I liked all my Accounting and Finance professors.

Did you happen to see UND a little farther down the list...3rd from the bottom? ???

I missed that, but one has to wonder if maybe some of it might be due to professors using their classromm to express their opinions concerning using "Fighting Sioux"

Really no way of knowing that. It would be interesting to see a rating of the students that rated their professors, such as:

a) Dedicated student who is here to learn as much as possible

b) Somewhat serious student, but doesn't want to work too hard

c) Goes to class regularly, but homework assignments should not be allowed

d) Prefers classes that do not require any study

e) Tried to go to class, but decided I really couldn't live like that

f) What is a classroom?

g) Hasn't sobered up since the day before the first day of class

I second that....what a joke. I have never heard UND as having terrible professors...I liked all my Accounting and Finance professors.

You must've never had Beneda! It seemed like she got into the devil lettuce before every class period

The entire under grad chemistry department is a joke. Teachers that can't speak English let alone teach. Most of them are there for research and its up to the students and ta's to teach the material. Other than the chemistry department which is god awful I can't think of another department that had terrible teachers across the board.

Looks like you may be right. I have a great source that says Stepan has decided to get a release from OSU and commit to the Gophers. The only potential problem might be getting the release since we are now in the same conference.

Now I'm hearing that OSU is being very strict about not allowing any of their signed recruits go to a Big Ten school so Stepan to the U looks less promising at this point.

My accounting professors were all good. Econ profs were good too. Finance..... not so much.

Now I'm hearing that OSU is being very strict about not allowing any of their signed recruits go to a Big Ten school so Stepan to the U looks less promising at this point.

There isn't a policy in place by the NCAA to allow a recruit to jump ship if the guy who recruited him leaves? I know the school should play a big part of it, but the relationship between coach and player is important as well.

There isn't a policy in place by the NCAA to allow a recruit to jump ship if the guy who recruited him leaves? I know the school should play a big part of it, but the relationship between coach and player is important as well.

No there's currently no policy like that in place.

I didn't even know they hired a coach.

From almost 2 weeks ago.

Grand Forks Central tabs Paranica as new boys hockey coach presspassicon.gif

gfcentrallogo.jpg Grand Forks Central named Grant Paranica as its new boys hockey coach on Thursday. Paranica, 48, is a former UND hockey player. He played at North Dakota from 1985-89 and was on the team’s 1987 national championship team.

By Tom Miller , May 09, 2013

From almost 2 weeks ago.

It's 11 days ago and if it was on NBCSN or on a NHL.COM web page it was easy to miss. But thanks for the heads up though. I appreciate it though thanks. To be honest with you, I rarely read the local newspaper unless it's during the college hockey season.

Edited by Goon
  • Upvote 1

It's 11 days ago and if it was on NBCSN or on a NHL.COM web page it was easy to miss. But thanks for the heads up though. I appreciate it though thanks. To be honest with you, I rarely read the local newspaper unless it's during the college hockey season.

Come on Goon...gotta follow the local Grand Forks sports now that you're a part of the reporter profession. Lots of good local kids going to UND for a variety of sports.

Come on Goon...gotta follow the local Grand Forks sports now that you're a part of the reporter profession. Lots of good local kids going to UND for a variety of sports.

I don't have time to follow the local sports scene. I have a lot of stuff going on, plus work. I went to a couple ND High School Hockey games this season, I am tickled pink that we have some solid ND players coming this season

Edited by Goon