SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

Is that a scientific fact?

Gophers get a call. SS blows up.

Shocker.

When have the Gophers ever not gotten a call their way, Slap Shot? :D;)

Either way, the hit is a tough call to make. Budish definitely sold the hit but you know most players in hockey are doing that these days to make sure something gets called. Every team is guilty of having a player do it.

Edit: Made correction, thanks sioux rube.

When have the Gophers ever not gotten a call their way, Slap Shot? :D;)

Either way, the hit is a tough call to make. Bjugstad definitely sold the hit but you know most players in hockey are doing that these days to make sure something gets called. Every team is guilty of having a player do it.

It was Budish.

I just watched it again and a two minute minor wouldnt have bothered me but like i said earlier hits exactly like this have been majors in this league for years. But after watching it again i feel bad for the UAA player because he didnt skate a long ways to make the hit. Budish was skating along the boards and to protect the puck he turned which faced his back to the hit. That said, im not surprised it was five based on calls ive seen in the past.

I just watched it again and a two minute minor wouldnt have bothered me but like i said earlier hits exactly like this have been majors in this league for years. But after watching it again i feel bad for the UAA player because he didnt skate a long ways to make the hit. Budish was skating along the boards and to protect the puck he turned which faced his back to the hit. That said, im not surprised it was five based on calls ive seen in the past.

If the hit was Budish on Danny Kristo, you would be booing along with the rest of Mariucci Arena if a five minute major was called.

I was fine with it being a 2 or 5. From the view the official had that called the penalty it's very easy to see why he called a 5. From his angle (watching the check from straight across the rink) it would have looked like a very malicious check from behind, hence why he got the UAA player off the ice so fast.

I'm seriously awe struck at the amount of people freaking out over this call. It's WCHA officials for cripes sake. I, as well as all of you, have definitely seen weaker calls given a major in the WCHA and I've also seen far more dangerous hits given nothing in the WCHA. It just goes to show how inconsistent the officials in this conference are.

So has every team in the country, including Minnesota. They still got the call right.

Oh and he didn't see it coming and turn at the last second. Never mind no one would intentionally put themselves in harms way with the chance to have their head slammed into the boards.

No they didn't they called a minor penalty a major...

I really like the Top-9 tonight, each line has two very good players it. It should make for some very balanced scoring. Hopefully playing with Grimaldi and Mark MacMillan will spark O'Donnell, he needs to get it going.

That mark Mac Grimaldi line is 1b....mark Mac is so good, 20 lbs and he's in the show.

I was fine with it being a 2 or 5. From the view the official had that called the penalty it's very easy to see why he called a 5. From his angle (watching the check from straight across the rink) it would have looked like a very malicious check from behind, hence why he got the UAA player off the so fast.

I'm seriously awe struck at the amount of people freaking out over this call. It's WCHA officials for cripes sake. I, as well as all of you, have definitely seen weaker calls given a major in the WCHA and I've also seen far more dangerous hits given nothing in the WCHA. It just goes to show how inconsistent the officials in this conference are.

This.^

If the hit was Budish on Danny Kristo, you would be booing along with the rest of Mariucci Arena if a five minute major was called.

Yeah, maybe. Definitely a penalty just a judgement call on for how long. Like I said the UAA player did not skate a long distance to make the hit. Im softening my stance on it being a five as it could have gone either way.

Just interesting how many times these inept refs get things wrong. Minnesota pushes the BC goalie into the net, they review it, call it a good goal. The Sioux push the goalie into the net, review it, and call it no goal. Brad Sheppard has no business officiating games. When you consistently get the longest games when Sheppard and Anderson are involved, you would think that someone would put them on notice. The amount of time to review a goal last night was ridiculous. First they talk to the coaches for a while, then they go and confer for a while longer before they decide to review it, which takes a while, then after they decide, each confers with a different coach, then they get done with that, then Sheppard has to talk to the other coach. If we see any Sheppard officiating next weekend, look out! Can't wait to be in a league without Gregg Sheppards cronies.

Just interesting how many times these inept refs get things wrong. Minnesota pushes the BC goalie into the net, they review it, call it a good goal. The Sioux push the goalie into the net, review it, and call it no goal. Brad Sheppard has no business officiating games. When you consistently get the longest games when Sheppard and Anderson are involved, you would think that someone would put them on notice. The amount of time to review a goal last night was ridiculous. First they talk to the coaches for a while, then they go and confer for a while longer before they decide to review it, which takes a while, then after they decide, each confers with a different coach, then they get done with that, then Sheppard has to talk to the other coach. If we see any Sheppard officiating next weekend, look out! Can't wait to be in a league without Gregg Sheppards cronies.

AMEN!

AMEN!

This !! ^^^^^^^^^^

-DU gets three points against UNO, tying them 3-3 tonight.

-John Ramage scores the OT winner for the 2nd straight night to help UW sweep MSUM. Last night with only 30sec left in OT...tonight with only 6sec left.

-Duluth sweeps Tech, winning 5-4 tonight.

-Gophers stomp UAA 7-1.

-The Michigan season is getting fun to watch. They get swept by Alaska.

-UNH bounces back against BC to earn the split.

-The Michigan season is getting fun to watch. They get swept by Alaska.

What a train wreck the Wolverines have become this season. The Spartans beat Notre Dame last night to earn a split but this is the 3rd time Michigan has been swept at home this season. That never happens at Yost. It's also their 4th straight home loss. Wow.

The gophers have quite a long stretch of games at home. UAH and BC for the Mooch classic, Notre Dame for a game and then UAA for the weekend series and next up is UND. Must be tough to never leave your back yard. They will have to go on the road sooner or later.

So has every team in the country, including Minnesota. They still got the call right.

Oh and he didn't see it coming and turn at the last second. Never mind no one would intentionally put themselves in harms way with the chance to have their head slammed into the boards.

I agree with the 5 minute call. Budish was turning back towards the puck and trying to keep the puck in the zone while engaged with another UAA player. It might have been a 2 if the UAA player hadn't finished the hit like he did.

The gophers have quite a long stretch of games at home. UAH and BC for the Mooch classic, Notre Dame for a game and then UAA for the weekend series and next up is UND. Must be tough to never leave your back yard. They will have to go on the road sooner or later.

5 of our first 6 in the WCHA were all on the road. Yes most of our OOC games are at home. Many schools will come here to play Mn. for the exposure for recruiting. Last time I checked everyone get the same amount of conference home games.