SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC

YaneA

I checked my calendar and unfortunately it is not April Fool’s day. This is the best the NCHC can do?

http://youtu.be/10-p3C-FbGw

He is also the ref that gave Paukovich a 2-minute boarding penalty on the play that broke Bina's neck. While his ability to make on ice decisions may not directly correlate to his ability to make administrative decisions; I'm not sure this selection brings immediate credibility to the league.

I checked my calendar and unfortunately it is not April Fool’s day. This is the best the NCHC can do?

http://youtu.be/10-p3C-FbGw

He is also the ref that gave Paukovich a 2-minute boarding penalty on the play that broke Bina's neck. While his ability to make on ice decisions may not directly correlate to his ability to make administrative decisions; I'm not sure this selection brings immediate credibility to the league.

He was also the ref when Genoway got his concussion. Didn't even make a call until the next whistle, then gave a 5-min major to the wrong guy.

This is the best they can do ? Not impressed at all with the decisions made by the NCHC since it was formed.

Wow - Faison had done some pretty competent things as AD - The Big Sky is one, but he seems to be completely oblivious when he comes to hockey. The new conference started out with such hope, and has been nothing but disappointing since. First St. Clown instead of Notre Dame, then the disastrous (to us) TV contract, not this. I thought once we got the cream of the crop (less St. Clown) in a conference with us, we would do away with the old WCHA politics of the inmates running the asylum. Apparently not. I thought we would commit to excellence from top to bottom and eliminate the rush to mediocrity that seemed to permeate the WCHA. The officiating was one of the biggest frustrations. Guess not. We must not have any say in this league. Time for Faison to stick up for UND.

Dave Hakstol - University of North Dakota- "Don is very well respected throughout college hockey. Over the years his officiating style has constantly evolved as changes have come to the way the game is played and he is very well equipped to build a quality staff of officials for the NCHC."

I'm sure Hak was thinking this while he flipped the bird at Adam in 2008. Sure seems like the bar has been set pretty low as far as officiating goes.

• Upvote 1