SiouxSports.com Forum

QB Controversy?

bincitysioux

I see Mussman's comments as coach talk. I think he know's which qb is starting but with each having such different strengths he is forcing Northern Arizona to prepare for two completely different styles.

Hope your right, and hope Hanson gets the call. It's a no brainer to make NAU prepare for two different quarterbacks by saying its a game time decision. Just not sure if Muss will stick with one QB...

• Upvote 1

Mussman is obviously trying to geek the NAU coaching staff guessing. Hanson....Hendrickson....both?? Who knows. Muss isn't going to say. He knows what they re going to do. But keeping it vague keeps the other guy guessing. I think we will go with one guy. And I think that guy is Hanson. He said on the coaches show that Hendrickson didn't like going in and out last weekend. MArcus said to Muss to just make a decision and stick with it. Hanson will start IMO. He will take every snap. Only if UND is down at say halftime and Hanson is looking really bad will Hendrickson come in. I am excited to see 4 quarters of Hanson at the helm.

• Upvote 1

Mussman is obviously trying to geek the NAU coaching staff guessing. Hanson....Hendrickson....both?? Who knows. Muss isn't going to say. He knows what they re going to do. But keeping it vague keeps the other guy guessing. I think we will go with one guy. And I think that guy is Hanson. He said on the coaches show that Hendrickson didn't like going in and out last weekend. MArcus said to Muss to just make a decision and stick with it. Hanson will start IMO. He will take every snap. Only if UND is down at say halftime and Hanson is looking really bad will Hendrickson come in. I am excited to see 4 quarters of Hanson at the helm.

Maybe Muss will throw in some formations that include both QB's out there at the same time. Why not throw a little trickery into the gameplan. Hanson throws it back to Hendrickson who hits Hardin for an 80 yard TD. It could work. ;)

Maybe Muss will throw in some formations that include both QB's out there at the same time. Why not throw a little trickery into the gameplan. Hanson throws it back to Hendrickson who hits Hardin for an 80 yard TD. It could work. ;)

I assume you are joking judging by the winkface.

There was a college team who did that a couple weeks ago. There has obviously been a couple but I believe it was South Carolina who ran an entire series with two qbs in the backfield. Not that I want to do have an offense based on trickery but Marcus is definately athletic enough that he could be motioned around everywhere and really keep the defense on its heels.

There was a college team who did that a couple weeks ago. There has obviously been a couple but I believe it was South Carolina who ran an entire series with two qbs in the backfield. Not that I want to do have an offense based on trickery but Marcus is definately athletic enough that he could be motioned around everywhere and really keep the defense on its heels.

South Carolina also has a mad genius as an offensive coach. Spurrier could design an offense that would work using only 8 guys.

When the protection is good and routes by the WRs are good Hanson is the man. When things are off and protection breaks down Hanson hangs in there til the last possible moment and gets some throws off to guys as he's getting hit and at least under duress. But watching Marcus come in for 30 seconds and run for 27 yards and then pass for a TD to give UND a chance gave us a glimpse of the Marcus from SDSU... the problem is he didn't give us consistency against Sac St, Poly, and EWU. That is why Hanson is now starting. Marcus had a huge opportunity to grab hold of his senior year and force the coaches to start him but he cooled off down the stretch.

Once Hanson's feet settled down and he didn't quickly throw the check down, I thought he played well. One could tell his leg is still an issue, nonetheless he has to start Saturday. UND will score 30+ again vs. the Griz and as I've said before this program should never ever lose a HOME game when that happens. Unfortunately this D is the worst UND has had since the mid 80's.

Agree. He hangs in the pocket to long with this offense. I think Marcus's running ability could have helped us. Hanson did look good after he settled in. I suppose it comes from not playing and syncing with the offense for awhile.The interception was not his fault. Or the illegal uncalled hit. Worse refs I seen. Two defensive penalties offset? Haha who were these guys.

Agree. He hangs in the pocket to long with this offense. I think Marcus's running ability could have helped us. Hanson did look good after he settled in. I suppose it comes from not playing and syncing with the offense for awhile.The interception was not his fault. Or the illegal uncalled hit. Worse refs I seen. Two defensive penalties offset? Haha who were these guys.

I think we know where the NFL replacements refs went when the real refs came back!!! :)

To even talk QB controversy is ridiculous. It doesn't matter if our QB is Tom Brady or Peyton Manning if our D gives up 500+ yards a game!!

Hanson is the better overall talent, hands down (No NFL scouts looking at Hendrickson, and I dont think Hendrickson was recruited by any FBS programs) so let him play and do his thing.

The defense is the problem, not the QB position.

If the D was even decent, we may have won down in San Diego, and likely would've beat Northern Arizona last week.

I'm fine with either guy, but IMO, the offense works better with Hendrickson.

With Hendrickson, it seems to be more high risk, high reward...................

With Hanson, you know you are going to get alot of 2 yard completions underneath with the hope that the receiver can do something with it.................

I'm fine with either guy, but IMO, the offense works better with Hendrickson.

With Hendrickson, it seems to be more high risk, high reward...................

With Hanson, you know you are going to get alot of 2 yard completions underneath with the hope that the receiver can do something with it.................

Your updated thoughts?