SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

Http://publicsearch.ndcourts.gov/search.aspx

City of Fargo vs Beck, Travis Andrew (LB, NDSU)

7/23/2012. Resisting a police officer

7/23/2012. Minor Purchase Alcohol

9/11/2012. Court Date

Also,

06/06/2011. Minor (2nd)

Deferred Sentence

Condition: Violate no criminal laws through 12/6/2012

Guess the defendant may have had a compelling reason to resist a police office with the previous deferred sentence.

Wish him all the best, but he's been playing with no suspension for multiple minors, buying as a minor, and a resisting police charge.

Wait a minute.

Does that say Beck's 06/06/2011 MIP was his second and this 7/23/2012 violation is his third alcohol related violation, or is that "2nd" just a note that 7/23/2012 is Beck's second?

One can search the records by North Dakota, listing all offenses.

There is another Travis Beck who had one minor well before LB Beck. NDSU's Travis Beck had a minor in Ramsey County with a deferred sentence pending good behavior until he is 21.

Wait a minute.

Does that say Beck's 06/06/2011 MIP was his second and this 7/23/2012 violation is his third alcohol related violation?

Speaking from experience, a standard deferred sentence for a minor is a $1000 fine and 5 days in jail. I certainly would've ran from a cop if I had been drinking and caught within a year of that original minor.

Are you saying you played football for NDSU? :D

Doing a full North Dakota search on Mr. Beck, "94 in a 65 mph zone"? We know why Bohl recruited him.

How to search:

1. Start here: http://publicsearch.ndcourts.gov/default.aspx

2. Pick your range in drop down (from State to whichever municipality)

3. Click Criminal/Traffic

4. Last name, First name

5. Search button (at bottom).

No love for NDSU on Valley News Live's FB page:

But that does not mean there’s not going to be some type of discipline,” he said, “either through our football office – and there will be – but moreover, the fact that they’re students. There’s a whole process they have to go through from a university standpoint. We're going to enroll them in Remedial Writing and Forgery to ensure something like this doesn't happen again. Do you know how much time I've devoted to these idiots, when I could have been pandering for a BCS job? Anyway, we need to show our players that we value their presence on the field and their place in the criminal justice system.”

-Unredacted version ;)

Beck's original court appearance was scheduled for last week, but the deferred 5 day jail time would have messed with the Colorado St game. This two week off period before Prairie View would be the perfect time to serve a 5 day sentence. Wouldn't want jail to mess up the CSU game now would we, Gene!

Speaking from experience, a standard deferred sentence for a minor is a $1000 fine and 5 days in jail. I certainly would've ran from a cop if I had been drinking and caught within a year of that original minor.

Glad to see all the love for Bison football. Through the years we've always counted on Sioux fans to be the judge and jury for the Bison. When there's trouble with UND's flagship program, meaning hockey, we're all over it at bisonville. Not. Came over to see the rumored chatter. Don't tell me that your hockey team is full of good boys. Don't tell me that there's never in-house decisions on how relevant a discipline problem is. But I know that you will, because that's the dynamic of this loving relationship. Sioux hockey is clean. Bison football is not. That's the mindset of a Sioux fan. It's been that way for decades. zzzzzzzzz

You know, when we moved up to DI we received so much love from Sioux fans. It was underwhelming. Even though you had an invitation from us to join us in the move, you tried to paint it as something else. And because of that great degree of love, ya'll have absolutely no credibility on the topic of our problems, which will remain our problems, which will be dealt with by the people that we hire to deal with our problems. Ya'll know nothing about what's going on besides what the media is pushing. You don't care about the Bison players or the program. Never did. Never will. So your opinions are irrelevant.

But keep pretending that your opinions matter, because that's your history too. You've always wanted to have your flagship program, and you've always resented ours, and you've manifested your resentment so beautifully, with cancellations of all athletics, and efforts to be involved in who works at North Dakota State.

I've supported UND in its efforts to keep the Sioux name. I've supported UND hockey through the years. I've been an advocate of having only one DI hockey program in North Dakota. But I don't pretend to know what goes on within the hockey program. I assume that the paid professionals know how to handle the program and its players. I assume that the leadership at UND is the only entity capable of doing so. They get the benefit of my doubt, and I certainly don't trust the media when it tries to get involved in said program.

Someone cue the Billy Madison clip...

Beck's original court appearance was scheduled for last week, but the deferred 5 day jail time would have messed with the Colorado St game. This two week off period before Prairie View would be the perfect time to serve a 5 day sentence. Wouldn't want jail to mess up the CSU game now would we, Gene!

Jail time for a second MIP...I highly doubt it.

Are you speaking from experience? How about for your third MIP?

I've never gotten a minor, some of friends in high school and college had one or two. Nobody went to jail. There was a player on NDSU's team that had three MIPs in like 2008, he was suspended for a month from the team but again he didn't go to jail...I think he just had to do so many hours of community service and a fine.

Beck will probably get something like 40 hours of community service and a fine.

Do Bohl, Taylor, and Bresciana have any chance of surviving this story without looking like a bunch of goofballs. The first thing they need to do is ask for mercy from the public and confess to having made a mistake and that they had a lack of good judgment. Admit they made a mistake and show some real remorse(maybe even shed a tear). They could promise it will never happen again and that from now on they will not put winning ahead of handling situations professionally. In the next few years if they can show a pattern of not being afraid to make tough decisions there is a chance that the memory of this will fade a little and the public will eventually start trusting them again. It is going to be a long process though.

Did Marcus Hendrickson get suspended for his recent DUI and Driving under Suspension?

Douche:

There is a Marcus Ray Hendrickson of Minot with a DUI

There is a Marcus Henry Hendrickson of Grand Forks/Perham.

Both were born in 1989.

This seems to be a problem for Bison fans. Details are important. Proper identity is important. For example, it looks like you used a case of mistaken identity to accuse a UND player of something. A bunch of NDSU football players and ex-players used a whole bunch of cases of mistaken identity to try and make some money. Does everyone associated with NDSU need to learn how to use proper identity? How about an Identity 101 for all incoming students?

Ahhh....with great success comes great responsibility. Whether NDSU football players like it or not, they are now all under the microscope.

And yes Gene, I know that Travis Beck is a victim as well. There is no way he should be in the paper for fleeing from a police officer, and underage drinking, etc. ;)

I'm guessing the team meeting has already taken place with Coach Bohl (whom I admire a lot) and his players about personal conduct off the field.

I know someone should start a petition drive to have the State Board of Higher Education look all the criminal activity associated with the NDSU football team. They could hire members of the NDSU football team to get the signatures (since it's obvious they don't read the petitions they are working with.) I hear they are very good at getting signatures.

Not going to read through what everyone else posted about Beck. But I believe the resisting arrest(All he did was run from the cops from what I've gathered) is being dropped. I ran when I got mine, they didn't charge me with "resisting arrest."

EDIT: Saw it mentioned on this page that people are aware he just ran. carry on.