SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 2: Potato Bowl 2012 - UND vs. Portland State

UND-FB-FAN

It will be very interesting to see what Golladay can do. I don't know how fair of a comparison this is, but I keep thinking of Travis Lueck and Tracy Martin (for those who can remember that far back) as the only comparable combinations of size and speed at the receiver position at UND.

It will be very interesting to see what Golladay can do. I don't know how fair of a comparison this is, but I keep thinking of Travis Lueck and Tracy Martin (for those who can remember that far back) as the only comparable combinations of size and speed at the receiver position at UND.

UNDs never had a receiver like Golladay. Just like we've never had one like Jackson. Those two are going to terrorize the red zone.

If Hanson was healthy and playing this week, I wonder if Golladay would get his shirt pulled? I mean, when you have Greg Hardin, RJ McGill, Jameer Jackson, Tyhre Ivery, and Blair Townsend, none of whom are seniors, why would you want a player to lose a year of eligibility if you’re already 4-5 deep in that area. I mean, they will still have all those players back next year too! I guess I would've liked to see him redshirt so he could be around all four years of the Mollberg era, but if he's not redshirting now this leaves one of two reasons in my opinion:

1) The coaches want to get him out on the field because winning against Portland State is very important as far as playoffs go and Golladay being out there will only help out Hendrickson and his production while Hanson is out.

2) Golladay is just that good. I mean, if he is going to get his redshirt pulled while UND is that deep at receiver, then he must be the REAL DEAL.

What time does tailgating start tomorrow?? Anyone know what restaurants/bars will be there?

We were told at the first game that every home game will have food vendors selling food -- the idea is to make it easy for everyone to come early and tailgate. However this week is Potato Bowl so if it's like the past few years the Red River Valley Potato Growers will be there handing out baked potatoes, chips etc with lots of stuff to put on them.

That is a LOT of empty student seats. Hopefully most of those get picked up today.

If the morning was any indication, then most of those tickets will be gone today. Still will be a few walkups tomorrow as well at the Alerus. (As usual)

Im still confident that the student section will be full (or close to it), attendance around 10,000, and make life a living you know what for PSU.

• Upvote 3

If the morning was any indication, then most of those tickets will be gone today. Still will be a few walkups tomorrow as well at the Alerus. (As usual)

Im still confident that the student section will be full (or close to it), attendance around 10,000, and make life a living you know what for PSU.

Be loud and proud! You guys make a big difference!

• Upvote 1

Hell ya!

And then there is this:

NoDak Nation@NoDak_Nation

<500 tickets remain for the Potato Bowl! Get yours today!

According to SiouxFootballInsider on Twitter, Golladay taking reps with 2 deep offense, meaning he will get his shirt pulled.

Also, they retweeted that the PSU kicker is still out. (I assume this means he is out this week for sure, but could mean just practice today)

http://twitter.com/SiouxFootball

I'm still so torn on this one.

On one hand, the kid sounds like he is uber-talented and should play a lot this year.

On the other hand, I'd really love to redshirt him this year and not trade his best year for his worst.

Coaches will do what they think is best for the team.

Can't wait to watch the game tomorrow.

I'm still so torn on this one.

On one hand, the kid sounds like he is uber-talented and should play a lot this year.

On the other hand, I'd really love to redshirt him this year and not trade his best year for his worst.

Coaches will do what they think is best for the team.

Can't wait to watch the game tomorrow.

To pull it, he has to be very special. The WR depth is simply astounding.

To pull it, he has to be very special. The WR depth is simply astounding.

Agree. Seems like with two season left with Hardin and McGill, and 3 with Ivery, I'd like to see Golladay sit out this season and exploit the fullness of his talents for 4 years starting next year...............