SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

I see its about 0 degrees up there. Is there decent weekend weather that won't scare any recruits away?

Loved the comments by the new volleyball coach who said now is the time to bring kids up because if they can't handle it during the winter it won't be good for them or for the team.

SFI has PWO next to a couple of recruits, but not next to Holmen's name, so I assume its a partial.

He gets academic money. Think they threw a small amount at him to make it official so they have a snapper. No more Joe Schobert situations. Holmen is a good long snapper

What's up with Stanley Jones from Bismarck? We heard Bubba was putting the power play on him to get him to change his mind. Has anybody heard anything on Mr. Jones?

He was supposed to come up last weekend (Sun-Mon) after his NDSU visit but then a previous blizzard pushed back his BB game to Monday. So he couldn't come and that about did it. I believe he is sticking with NDSU. Was a longshot anyway but they had to try. The previous regime had never even offered him so Bubba needed to correct that. Not his fault Muss screwed it up.

• Upvote 1

He was supposed to come up last weekend (Sun-Mon) after his NDSU visit but then a previous blizzard pushed back his BB game to Monday. So he couldn't come and that about did it. I believe he is sticking with NDSU. Was a longshot anyway but they had to try. The previous regime had never even offered him so Bubba needed to correct that. Not his fault Muss screwed it up.

Agree with your assessment of the previous regime's lack of an offer. The kid can play.

Seems this new regime can recruit. They have some good verbals lined up. I'm disappointed to not see a RB; however, than can still change.

What I'm now interested in seeing is if they can do more than recruit, meaning put a winning product on the field. Don't tell me; don't sell me; I heard all that 12 months ago; I want to see it.

The previous regime was good at making hamburger out of prime rib.

Right about now I'd settle for sirloin from sirloin.

Possible UND may be bringing Rudolph St Germain in for a visit. Saw something on twitter stating he was visiting North Dakota, but it may be Wahpeton as the tweet also mentioned an offer from a JUCO in Kansas. Of course, with Kevin Maurice coming in it is entirely possible it is UND since he has his Miami/Florida connections.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=6357981

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1556115/#highlights/53349375

Maurice noted something from Miami - wonder if it was the gentleman above?

Edit: for whatever reason the scout link isn't working anymore.

I don't know if every FBS transfer will have the same results Hansen had but it appears that route may be taken at a few positions.

Hoping for good news on Ezra and Simmons today or tomorrow. Of the kids I know we have had in, those are two fairly high targets. All in all the staff did a real nice job recruiting with the limited time they had. They had a month to evaluate current team needs and potential recruits.