SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

A little help for those of us that don't know nothing about anything! What is wiki? It says:

SiouxSports.com wiki

Welcome to the SiouxSports.com wiki.

This is a web of pages about the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, created and maintained by readers like you!

Browse and enjoy the content, and if you see something that you can improve or update, login and edit the page right in your web browser. Don't worry about messing up, your changes are all tracked and we can roll them back if necessary.

So when somebody says "according to wiki" they are looking here? Anybody with access to SiouxSports can update with what they hear and want to share? Rumors? Confirmed?

Thanks and be easy on me!

Good reminder. In case folks don't know how/where to find Wiki, go to the siouxsports.com home page, you will see Wiki near the top. Click on it and you will be taken to a menu with a great variety of topics.

A little help for those of us that don't know nothing about anything! What is wiki? It says:

SiouxSports.com wiki

Welcome to the SiouxSports.com wiki.

This is a web of pages about the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux, created and maintained by readers like you!

Browse and enjoy the content, and if you see something that you can improve or update, login and edit the page right in your web browser. Don't worry about messing up, your changes are all tracked and we can roll them back if necessary.

So when somebody says "according to wiki" they are looking here? Anybody with access to SiouxSports can update with what they hear and want to share? Rumors? Confirmed?

Thanks and be easy on me!

Yeah, the premise of a wiki is it's open to edit by anyone. Things on it seem to be better than rumors though. It's tracked who edits what, so the maintainer of the wiki can see if someone is obviously just putting bad info up there and reverse it.

It's a pretty handy deal. In this case, I had heard Bakersfield commit, so I went to the wiki, under football went to 2014 recruiting, and just did a ctrl+f for Bakersfield. Only one person popped up, so that rb was my assumption.

Looking at the SFI page, we have 23 known commitments and it appears there are still a couple unknowns. Not a small class by any means. Well done staff!

Edit: Noticed SFI doesn't have Dylan Beck listed. That puts us at 24 known commits, although Knick appears to be wavering.

Looks like Sawyer Knick is going to opt out of the PWO.

sawyer knick@sawyerknick 4 mins

When people ask why I made this decision I can say its because I don't know what the sideline feels like and not going to finding out#USF

If he isn't confident that he's good enough he shouldn't come. He made the right decision by the look of it.

• Upvote 1

didn't know where to put this or if it has been said before, but i saw that Javen Butler ran the 60m at one of UND's recent track meets (i think it was in iowa or somewhere).. its good to see guys like that trying to get faster and stronger

Under Bubba's tutelage, I think it's quite safe to say we're going to see a Javen Butler we've never seen before. Apart of that may simply be maturity as he will be a junior next season, but he has the tools to be an all-conference performer, so I hope he can put it all together and do some big things for UND next fall!

Under Bubba's tutelage, I think it's quite safe to say we're going to see a Javen Butler we've never seen before. Apart of that may simply be maturity as he will be a junior next season, but he has the tools to be an all-conference performer, so I hope he can put it all together and do some big things for UND next fall!

Does anyone else think that Muss may have let his personal feelings get in the way when it came to certain players getting player time?

Speaking of, here's what he did last winter.

Yeah, the premise of a wiki is it's open to edit by anyone. Things on it seem to be better than rumors though. It's tracked who edits what, so the maintainer of the wiki can see if someone is obviously just putting bad info up there and reverse it.

It's a pretty handy deal. In this case, I had heard Bakersfield commit, so I went to the wiki, under football went to 2014 recruiting, and just did a ctrl+f for Bakersfield. Only one person popped up, so that rb was my assumption.

I have been the guy keeping Wiki up-to-date with FB and BB recruiting over the last few years. Definitions of the four categories I use:

Players of Interest: This list starts with many of the better players from ND and NW MN. It does not necessarily mean that UND is seriously considering or even talking to them. As we learn, from a variety of sources, that UND is looking at a specific player (whether from Lakota or Phoenix), they are added to the list. I don't remove any players from this list as time goes on - unless the player moves to another list. I do note when someone has verballed to another school but when it gets closer to signing day, much less attention is given to these 100+ players. I am sure I am missing some of their verbals.

Offers: Quite self-explanatory. A player is added to this list when we are quite sure he has been offered via a reliable source. (See comment regarding sources below). The Mussman regime's philosophy was to make many offers very early. I won't get into whether I think that was a good philosophy or not but I assume offers will not go out in bulk as they have in the past. Whether there is a coaching change or not, offers are often withdrawn for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately, it is difficult to learn when that happens. Every year, there are undoubtedly still players on that list whose offer have been withdrawn.

Offered but Verballed Elsewhere: Also self-explanatory. I try to keep this as up-to-date as possible. It is interesting to see where guys we wanted end up - FCS, bowl division, accept PWO offers, etc. As noted above, there may be players on this list whose offer had been withdrawn by UND.

Verballed Commitments: These are obviously verbals to UND. I try to make sure they are fact before adding them. PWOs and Greyshirts are broken out. I leave the info about other offers there as this is also interesting to see how heavily recruited a player is, etc.

Sources: Pretty good info is provided through the national recruiting websites: Rivals, ESPN, Scout, etc. SFI, of course, is specific to UND FB and they do a great job. There are other state specific websites (WSN - WI, Edgy Tim - IL, etc) are also great sources. A great deal of the info comes from other SS.com members - Hambone, especially. Hambone (like myself) works on this year-around while others gets quite involved as signing date approaches. I have yet to get into social media but I know it is a good source and others pay a lot of attention to it.

While the Wiki recruiting lists are for all UND fans and anyone can make additions/revisions, I think it is best that only one person update it. A couple of years ago, 3-4 people were, with good intentions, trying to update the lists as new info was learned. Quite frankly, it got screwed up. I certainly don't have any ownership over this and if someone else would like to take this on, it would be fine. I would just hope that it would be someone who takes this seriously and works on it (BB, too) year around.

I have been the guy keeping Wiki up-to-date with FB and BB recruiting over the last few years. Definitions of the four categories I use:

Players of Interest: This list starts with many of the better players from ND and NW MN. It does not necessarily mean that UND is seriously considering or even talking to them. As we learn, from a variety of sources, that UND is looking at a specific player (whether from Lakota or Phoenix), they are added to the list. I don't remove any players from this list as time goes on - unless the player moves to another list. I do note when someone has verballed to another school but when it gets closer to signing day, much less attention is given to these 100+ players. I am sure I am missing some of their verbals.

Offers: Quite self-explanatory. A player is added to this list when we are quite sure he has been offered via a reliable source. (See comment regarding sources below). The Mussman regime's philosophy was to make many offers very early. I won't get into whether I think that was a good philosophy or not but I assume offers will not go out in bulk as they have in the past. Whether there is a coaching change or not, offers are often withdrawn for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately, it is difficult to learn when that happens. Every year, there are undoubtedly still players on that list whose offer have been withdrawn.

Offered but Verballed Elsewhere: Also self-explanatory. I try to keep this as up-to-date as possible. It is interesting to see where guys we wanted end up - FCS, bowl division, accept PWO offers, etc. As noted above, there may be players on this list whose offer had been withdrawn by UND.

Verballed Commitments: These are obviously verbals to UND. I try to make sure they are fact before adding them. PWOs and Greyshirts are broken out. I leave the info about other offers there as this is also interesting to see how heavily recruited a player is, etc.

Sources: Pretty good info is provided through the national recruiting websites: Rivals, ESPN, Scout, etc. SFI, of course, is specific to UND FB and they do a great job. There are other state specific websites (WSN - WI, Edgy Tim - IL, etc) are also great sources. A great deal of the info comes from other SS.com members - Hambone, especially. Hambone (like myself) works on this year-around while others gets quite involved as signing date approaches. I have yet to get into social media but I know it is a good source and others pay a lot of attention to it.

While the Wiki recruiting lists are for all UND fans and anyone can make additions/revisions, I think it is best that only one person update it. A couple of years ago, 3-4 people were, with good intentions, trying to update the lists as new info was learned. Quite frankly, it got screwed up. I certainly don't have any ownership over this and if someone else would like to take this on, it would be fine. I would just hope that it would be someone who takes this seriously and works on it (BB, too) year around.

you do amazing work

• Upvote 2

Thanks so much for all that you and Hambone do. I'm afraid that people like myself enjoy the fruits of your labor without taking the time to express our appreciation for it.

• Upvote 3