SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Rebrand

breakin face

Really hope we got the right logo on our fancy new turf....may be outdated before we've even played a down on it.

"

The Big Sky Conference is undergoing a rebrand, and will unveil a new logo Monday, July 16, in Park City, Utah, at the Summer Football Kickoff. Later this summer, the Big Sky Conference will debut a new web site, which is being designed by Sidearm Sports in conjunction with SME Branding.

Link:

http://www.kcsg.com/view/full_story/19168744/article-Big-Sky-Conference-Welcomes-New-Members?instance=home_first_stories

I didn't notice the first time I watched the video, but wow, you're not kidding. Looks like it takes at least two guys to lift that thing.

I'm pretty sure that was the Divide Trophy that Montana/Montana State play for every year. I believe the conference trophies are fairly similar to what we are used to seeing unless they are planning a rebrand of those as well.

I'm thinking it's time we add a new forum to the list on Siouxsports. A "Big Sky Conference News" forum should be added.

I like that idea. BigSky / NCAA. Especially since we don't need the division 1 reclassification one.

It's nice to finally see the day when UND's name and logo is on the front page of the Big Sky website with a link to UND... http://www.bigskyconf.com/index.aspx?path=und

Even though they did spell Kelley's name wrong. (Dr. Robert Kelly).

There were some gleefully written posts from some former conference mates, hoping that UND would get the boot and/or not be able to join the Big Sky. To them, I can finally say.. :p

There, I feel better now. :xmas:

I'm pretty sure that was the Divide Trophy that Montana/Montana State play for every year. I believe the conference trophies are fairly similar to what we are used to seeing unless they are planning a rebrand of those as well.

You're correct, that goes to the winner of the UM-MSU game every year, the "Brawl of the Wild", and it is a big, heavy trophy.

I didn't see the last couple BSC trophys, but in the past they have resembled tall stand-up plaques...I think now would be a good time for an upgrade.

Feeling super about the Big Sky

The official welcoming of the four new schools was one of the myriad activities taking place Monday. In addition to player interviews and an afternoon golf scramble, the Big Sky Conference unveiled a new logo as it seeks to re-brand itself as one of the premier Division I conferences in the western United States.

"If you think about it, there are about three football-playing conferences in the west," Fullerton said. "There's the Pac-12, the Mountain West, and the Big Sky. We were able to do that without going FBS, without spending the money, without chasing the $140 million budgets. And yet we've positioned ourselves, that if that opportunity arrives, we're the first ones to make the move."

• Upvote 1