SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Rebrand

breakin face

That makes total sense, I didn't think about the football field. Since we are on the topic I wonder if the old Big Sky logos that were part of the turf design will be changed? Maybe this is why they waited this long into the summer to do the install?

They waited to do the install because the building was booked every weekend through Memorial Day. Summer is the slow time for convention centers and big facilities. They had to totally create a new pit to store the turf, which meant tearing out a lot of concrete at the south end of the building. That couldn't be done until they had free time on the schedule. I don't know if they had the new logo or not, but UND has been a major part of the entire turf project so I would be surprised if they didn't have the new logo on it.

I think it would work for all sports except those on grass or turf. Unless they put a black border around it, but even then it would look weird. I'm guessing that's why they went with black.

Aren't the lanes on the new basketball court painted green as well? Probably another reason why.

Great article on New Big Sky: http://www.sportsnet...aspx?id=4514324

Southern Utah's QB had a great quote:

"Every team on our schedule is tough because each opponent represents a new challenge," Sorensen said. "Playing in such a prestigious conference will be a great opportunity for us. I've already started talking to other quarterbacks around the league to talk about the defenses we will face to try and strategize. We know every week is going to be a battle."

Insight from a preseason All American