SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-2013 Season

SWSiouxMN

It's kind of sad in a way that this will be the twins last yr. They have helped this program in so many ways and we have been lucky to watch all their brilliance. They will go out with a bang and we will be there cheering them along.

It's kind of sad in a way that this will be the twins last yr. They have helped this program in so many ways and we have been lucky to watch all their brilliance. They will go out with a bang and we will be there cheering them along.

Sorry not sure how it works in women's hockey but will they continue to play after graduation with the us women's team? I'm wondering if women's hockey is set up like the us women's soccer team? If not would they still play in the next Olympics?

Sorry not sure how it works in women's hockey but will they continue to play after graduation with the us women's team? I'm wondering if women's hockey is set up like the us women's soccer team? If not would they still play in the next Olympics?

Yes, they will play for the Olympic team next year. They talked about it before the last Olympics. They used that year as their redshirt year, and they would have 3 years with UND before playing in the 2014 Olympics.

Some iffy calls and non-calls. Fact of the matter is that UND didn't control rebounds and gave up the garbage in front of the net. We also missed too many open chances on the offensive end.

Hopefully tomorrow has a better result.

Spivey continues to give no slack to UND's elite players (they repeatedly have to weave through a mob to get to the net carrying two or three players on their back) when they're surging offensively. But if the twins so much as breathe on a poor little opposing player, Spivey and his crew can't find the whistle fast enough. I thought the refs were supposed to call it the same way regardless if your an elite player or a run-of-the-mill player. It smacks of the old "Parise rules" in the men's WCHA. If you're elite, the refs will find a way to level the playing field. Yeah, I'm bitter after that display tonight by the stripes.

pressure is on idalski to preform

Yep.

I will be at the game tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing Lindsay Nagel from Fargo South play for the Mavs.Coached against her for the last 3 years and she has a hell of a shot with a bit of a mean streak in her.

Disappointing loss. Despite the fact that Mankato's coach was not there, yet they seemed to be the better passing team in the 3rd, and I'm not talking about PP time. That series against Wisconsin has to have helped them adjust to game conditions quicker. If you skate to a tie and a one-goal game with Wisconsin, even if it's in your own rink, you can play.

Disappointing loss. Despite the fact that Mankato's coach was not there, yet they seemed to be the better passing team in the 3rd, and I'm not talking about PP time. That series against Wisconsin has to have helped them adjust to game conditions quicker. If you skate to a tie and a one-goal game with Wisconsin, even if it's in your own rink, you can play.

Hell of a comeback for sure. I mean give credit where credit is due instead of some of these posters blaming the refs. Sioux are up by 2 with 10 to go it's time to put them away. Talent wise the 2 teams aren't even close but heart can take a team a long ways. With that said I would be surprised if the Sioux don't win by at least 4 today.

Hell of a comeback for sure. I mean give credit where credit is due instead of some of these posters blaming the refs. Sioux are up by 2 with 10 to go it's time to put them away. Talent wise the 2 teams aren't even close but heart can take a team a long ways. With that said I would be surprised if the Sioux don't win by at least 4 today.

Good point, the Mavericks goalie got in the zone and UND didn't capitalize when they had their chances in the slot - but Spivey and his reffing partner were God Awful as well.

Good point, the Mavericks goalie got in the zone and UND didn't capitalize when they had their chances in the slot - but Spivey and his reffing partner were God Awful as well.

It will be nice to see Lindsay Nagel in a Mavericks uni instead of a Fargo South sweater today. As a girls ND high school coach it's great but it also means my team doesn't have to face her anymore. Great kid off the ice too.
  • Upvote 1

I thought there was a talent imbalance too, though the Mavs do have some good speed. I would also not be surprised to see a lopsided win today, but UND has a tendency to lose position, and wanting to take it to a team can aggravate that problem. Sioux need a couple early.

The refereeing wasn't one sided, it was balanced. However, the manner in which the game was called effectively canceled out any talent differences between the teams. Then it just came down to a slog fest. All credit to the Mavericks for continuing to grind and play to the tenor of the game.