SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-2013 Season

SWSiouxMN

A much better performance by the women as they drill BSU 7-0. Jocelyn had 6 assists for the night and broke the WCHA scoring record. Congrats to her!

both OSU and Duluth lost tonight but Wisconsin won so the lead stays at 2. Duluth plays Mankato tomorrow afternoon

UND 45 (4 left)

WIS 43 (4 left)

UMD 37 (5 left)

OSU 37 (4 left)

We get Ohio State on home for the last regular home series of the year. a win would clinch home ice. Lets try and get butts in the seats next weekend if you aren't going to the concert at the Alerus, come down to the Ralph and get behind the girls 1 more time.

Stay at 8th in the pairwise as of 9:45 PM

Just a question from a casual observer... If your daughter is good enough to play for the (former) Sioux, but didn't care for Idalski, is she accepting a scholarship offer to some other DI school? That worked well as a motivation factor for students recruited by the UND men's team that felt they were spurned by the "home town" Gophers.

Also, would appear that any athletes at Jamestown may have a difficult time picking up scholarship offers for women's hockey from UND after reading some comments that have been made about the UND coaching staff in this forum. By the looks of how active Idalski's twitter account is, he just might visit this site.

Yeah, pretty sure that the head coach of the Jamestown girls team called out the head coach of the UND's girl team here. Hah, the interesting things you find on a Sunday.

UND takes down OSU tonight and pulls off the sweep. The Buckeyes pulled the goalie and tried to tie up and got 2 great looks, but Amsley-Benzie turned them away and seal the W for the home team. With Duluth losing tonight, it gives UND at least the 3rd seed in the WCHA tournament.

Sweep OSU and take a sizable hit in the PWR ranking in the process. The PWR is the worst, most ridiculous ranking formula anyone could possibly conceive. That's an editorial comment.

The one result I didn't want to see this weekend was Wisconsin sweeping UMD. Duluth being swept absolutely killed us. Not much we can do about it, just gotta take care of business in Duluth this weekend and get the sweep and clinch the 2 seed in the WCHA tourament. Reading into it that might just be enough to jump back into 8th in the pairwise.

From that point, sweep whoever we get in the first round, beat Wisconsin in the semis and that just might be enough.

Sweep OSU and take a sizable hit in the PWR ranking in the process. The PWR is the worst, most ridiculous ranking formula anyone could possibly conceive. That's an editorial comment.

It's not the worst thing ever for the men, but definitely not an appropriate ranking system for the women.

Heartbreaking loss for the UND women. That'll be a killer in the pairwise as well. Need to sweep Mankato out of the Ralph next weekend, beat Wisconsin at the league tournament, then find some way to give Minnesota their first loss.

Not impossible. But a long ways to go.

Its too bad that only one person can with that award.....would be cool to see it split, as I'm not sure that one Twin is better than the other.

Season comes down to next Friday against Wisconsin. Win and you stay alive, lose and the season is over. Simple as that.

This one will come down to I believe the goalies. We know what Rigsby can do for the Badgers, but it will be up to the freshman Amsley-Benzie to bring her A game for this one. Last time she faced the Badgers she turned 2 very good performances. We will need something very similar on Saturday. She has played extremely well (outside of Friday Night vs BSU) to finish the year.

I say the Lammys are on a mission (not from god :lol: ) and will lead them to a 4-2 Win on Saturday to get them into the finals and get that 8th spot in the NCAAs.

The 3 other games of interest

Hockey East Semis

Providence vs BU

Northeastern vs BC

ECAC Semis

Cornell vs St.Lawrence

Simply put a win by us plus BC,BU and Cornell wins gets us in no matter what we do against the Gophs.

This one will come down to I believe the goalies. We know what Rigsby can do for the Badgers, but it will be up to the freshman Amsley-Benzie to bring her A game for this one. Last time she faced the Badgers she turned 2 very good performances. We will need something very similar on Saturday. She has played extremely well (outside of Friday Night vs BSU) to finish the year.

I say the Lammys are on a mission (not from god :lol: ) and will lead them to a 4-2 Win on Saturday to get them into the finals and get that 8th spot in the NCAAs.

The 3 other games of interest

Hockey East Semis

Providence vs BU

Northeastern vs BC

ECAC Semis

Cornell vs St.Lawrence

Simply put a win by us plus BC,BU and Cornell wins gets us in no matter what we do against the Gophs.

Shoot for that 7 seed so hopefully you don't end up in Minnesota... although that will probably happen regardless.

In the Wisconsin presser (I follow their women's hockey twitter), they believe that even if they lose to UND they will get into the tournament. Right now they're tied with UND in the Pairwise. UND is viewing it as a must win otherwise they will not make the tourny.

In the Wisconsin presser (I follow their women's hockey twitter), they believe that even if they lose to UND they will get into the tournament. Right now they're tied with UND in the Pairwise. UND is viewing it as a must win otherwise they will not make the tourny.

See I don't know how that is, the only reason we are tied with them and Northeastern is that while we have won the comparison against Wisconsin (4-3, despite losing head to head 3-1), we don't have the comparison against Northeastern. A win agains Wisconsin and a NE loss to BC flips that to us and breaks the tie.