SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-2013 Season

SWSiouxMN

Let's see, someone goes "hatty" and they cut hat prices 33% for that day.

So, instead of selling 3 hats and getting $x.xx they sell 4 hats and get the same $x.xx.

So getting the same $x.xx but having one less hat in inventory (assets) is "profit"?

That must be "NCAA math."

Women get swept today in Wisconsin. Certainly a tough team to play against especially at home but I was hoping the girls would have come home with at least a split. They need to go on a good clip coming off the Christmas break to make the tourney.

Why is it when I talk to any hockey folks from Grand Forks that they have nothing good to say about Idalski? Anyone care to elaborate?

I don't know who these people are (friends of Shantel Rivard?), but they are clueless and probably care about the men's team only. Idalski is doing what Gene Roebuck did for women's BB back in the early 1990's. Lock him up and keep him as long as you can.

Why is it when I talk to any hockey folks from Grand Forks that they have nothing good to say about Idalski? Anyone care to elaborate?

My only guess would be that some people feel that Idalski has been underachieving with his teams the past 3 years (including this one) because he has had Jocelyn and Monique.

I don't know who these people are (friends of Shantel Rivard?), but they are clueless and probably care about the men's team only. Idalski is doing what Gene Roebuck did for women's BB back in the early 1990's. Lock him up and keep him as long as you can.

It has alot to do with his personality or lack of. I've talked to former players who say the same thing. He has nothing good to say about North Dakota girls hockey and that is a fact. I know that first hand.

it could be how he acts in public

he has a had a few incindents in the wedensday night amatuer hockey league in GF

im not going to say what happen but im sure if faison has heard about these he has spoken with idalski about them.

I have heard about those too. Not liked in that league either.

It has alot to do with his personality or lack of. I've talked to former players who say the same thing. He has nothing good to say about North Dakota girls hockey and that is a fact. I know that first hand.

Well, Roebuck never had a warm, outgoing personality, but it never hurt his recruiting or his ability to get the most out of his talent. And no one seemed to have a problem with him. The program Idalski took over was below the level of most club programs. He is starting to get great talent on an annual basis now. Just like football and women's basketball in the early 1990's, it takes time to build a winning tradition and an expectation of sustained excellence in a program. It will come. People just need to be patient.

• 4 weeks later...

Injuries to key players will kill you in this conference. Especially long term causing lengthy absences. Not an excuse but illustrates how important team depth is. You really need a handful of players who can fill in well when key players are missing or it will cost you in the W column.

I see in today's pairwise we are 10th. Unfortunately, we could run the table and still have to win the WCHA tournament to get into the national tournament. When the twins arrived I really never envisioned the team to be in this position during the twins senior season. Shows you what I know of women's hockey, apparently there is more depth around the country than I thought. I can honestly say that when the twins arrived I felt with just by getting 2 players of that caliber, a team would automatically be a top 4 national program. I freely admit how wrong I was.

Women move up to 9th in pairwise. Wisconsin sits in 8th, Duluth sits behind us in 10th, and OSU sits behind them in 11th. Those two head to head wins over Duluth are huge right now in keeping us in our spot, but our 1-3 record against Wisconsin is hurting us from being in the last spot.

Really need to keep the focus the next two weekends and not slip up against Mankato (who for whatever reason we have struggled against) and BSU. I like that Shelby has been playing very well between the pipes the last 2 series and I hope that she can keep it going.