SiouxSports.com Forum

2013-2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

Now what the coaches need to do is go out and find players with less athletic ability and ones that understand fundamentals and play unselfish basketball and then we will have a very good basketball team.

Why does an unselfish player have to have less athletic ability?

I wouldn't count on Shanks to UND, here is an interview he just did on Friday and it sounds like he is pretty confident he will be a Gopher unless he doesn't get admitted and that would be pretty surprising based on what I've heard about him.

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/326556?referrer_id=388419

Why was he at UND game with his Dad on Saturday? Didnt get admitted to UM.

Why was he at UND game with his Dad on Saturday? Didnt get admitted to UM.

I don't know could be lots of reasons maybe he just wanted a free trip to experience a game, maybe he wanted to watch a friend on the team? Maybe he ends up not getting admitted to Minnesota but the interview was on Friday and in the interview he said he should know later this week but I wouldn't think they would let him know on a Saturday and he would quickly schedule a trip to UND that same day. I would guess that UND is his fall back option if he doesn't get in but that he probably doesn't know yet if he has or has not actually been admitted.

I don't know could be lots of reasons maybe he just wanted a free trip to experience a game, maybe he wanted to watch a friend on the team? Maybe he ends up not getting admitted to Minnesota but the interview was on Friday and in the interview he said he should know later this week but I wouldn't think they would let him know on a Saturday and he would quickly schedule a trip to UND that same day. I would guess that UND is his fall back option if he doesn't get in but that he probably doesn't know yet if he has or has not actually been admitted.

UND starts school on Tuesday. He needs to decide by then to get admitted, enrolled in classes, etc.

Also, the interview was from Thursday. He must have found out Friday and let UND know. He cannot sit around and wait for a school that starts later because if he does not get admitted he will not play at all next season.