SiouxSports.com Forum

2013-2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

I am not aware of any offers out to juniors-to-be but we are showing interest in these four kids:

PF Ngor Barnaba, 6'8", Rochester (John Marshall), MN

SG J.P. Macura, 6'4", Lakeville (North), MN Has offers from NDSU, UNC & WY

G Jon Sobaski, 6'1", Prior Lake, MN Has offer from NDSU

SG Andre Wallace, 6'1", Eden Prairie (Edin Prairie), MN Has offer from OR St

• 3 weeks later...

I am not aware of any offers out to juniors-to-be but we are showing interest in these four kids:

PF Ngor Barnaba, 6'8", Rochester (John Marshall), MN

SG J.P. Macura, 6'4", Lakeville (North), MN Has offers from NDSU, UNC & WY

G Jon Sobaski, 6'1", Prior Lake, MN Has offer from NDSU

SG Andre Wallace, 6'1", Eden Prairie (Edin Prairie), MN Has offer from OR St

We have offered Barnaba.

• 1 month later...

Apparently we had five guards from the 2014 graduating class out on the Twin Cities in for a visit over the weekend and we made at least one offer:

PG Jordan Dembley, 6'1", Mpls Holy Angels He is currently rated the #7 best recruit in MN in that class. We offered him, already has offers from Buffalo, Green Bay, Hampton, San Fran, Wyoming and NM St.

SG JP Macura, 6'3", Lakeville (North) Rated #22 in his class. Has offers from NDSU, Vermont, USD, Toledo, UNC & WY

PG John Veil, 5'11", Blake Rated #41 in his class. No known offers

SG Delshon Strickland, 6'4", Mpls Holy Angels Rated #14 in his class. Has offers from Hampton & Lehigh

SG DJ Davis, 6'3", Mpls Washburn Rated #13 in his class. No known offers.

I think this is great. It is kind of interesting that we would have five guards from the same market in at the same time.

I will have a post up on him tomorrow, but sounds like a really nice pickup for UND, and I like that they seem to be establishing a presence in the Twin Cities. Sounds like assistant Gameli Ahelegbe was on him hard for the past year or so.

Heard he also had offers from NDSU and SDSU, among others.

I will have a post up on him tomorrow, but sounds like a really nice pickup for UND, and I like that they seem to be establishing a presence in the Twin Cities. Sounds like assistant Gameli Ahelegbe was on him hard for the past year or so.

Heard he also had offers from NDSU and SDSU, among others.

From the Rivals site it appears he had offers from a lot of schools. Good work by UND to land him.

• 5 months later...

We have offered the shooting guard out of Lakeville North. A lot of interest in him as well as Dembley.

Known offers:

PF Ngor Barnaba, 6'8”, 210, Rochester (John Marshall), MN

PG Jordan Dembley, 6'1”, Minneapolis (Holy Angels), MN Has offers from Buffalo, Green Bay, Hampton, San Fran, Wyoming and NM St.

SG J.P. Macura, 6'4”, Lakeville (North), MN Has offers from NDSU, UT St, UM-Mil, Vermont, SDSU, St. Louis, Toledo, UNC & WY

Anybody here watch the Warmack kid out at EGF? Anyone think he would be a D-1 guy?

We will have a lot of scholarships open, but the good news is that the talent pool in Minnesota for the class of 2014 will be the deepest it has been in a while, possibly better than the class of 2009 (that produce the likes of White, Williams, Wolters, etc.). Lots of opportunity across the border that we need to tap in.

I hope we can land that Macura kid from Lakeville North, he is an absolute stud and a very good shooter. Make him priority #1 Jones! Team him up with Hooker for 3 years and watch them light up the Big Sky.

Do you think we have a chance at landing Macura?

I am hopeful but believe it would be a longshot - the kid is getting a lot of attention. However, landing Hooker should cause other MN kids to give us an increased level of consideration.

UND once again raiding the Northwest Suburban Conference, according to the Basketball Hub on the Startribune site, he average around 25.7 ppg last year.

He plays on the same Howard Pulley team as uber recruit Tyus Jones.

A very big pick up and should be a great kid to watch.

So we can pretty much expect Tyus to be wearing the Green and White next year? Sounds good! :)

Anybody here watch the Warmack kid out at EGF? Anyone think he would be a D-1 guy?

I don't think he is there yet. But he made a big jump from Soph to Jr year. He's much more disciplined on D and uses his size to alter shots without wildly swinging arms. Started to take a few jumpers and he has a decent shot. One thing I like is his ball handling for a guy his size and he can run the floor.

Lots to work on for d1 though. Needs to get stronger. Compare him to another east sider and Brekke would destroy him offensively down low (I'm guessing they've gone against each other???) Warmack needs to play more physical on the boards and offensively. I like the D a lot more this year, but I'd like to see him start jumping and blocking shots. Needs to continue to develop his outside game.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if we are bringing in any bigs to help out the new senior class for next year? Any JUCO leads? We are 1 or 2 big "clean up/big body" guys away from dancin next year!

I know they are hoping to find a HS PF that would redshirt next year. I understand they are also looking at a SG and have offered a kid but he is leaning towards going elsewhere.

I know they are hoping to find a HS PF that would redshirt next year. I understand they are also looking at a SG and have offered a kid but he is leaning towards going elsewhere.

Another guard ????????. As of right now we will have 9 guards on the roster for next year by my count ( Anderson, Webb, Antwi, Schuler, Benton, Huff, Hooker, Hobaugh, red shirt non scholly player from this year).