SiouxSports.com Forum

2013-2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

Any ideas on what the ratio of transfers to freshman will be like? Would guess that they would want at least a couple of transfers to bring in some experience and maturity.

Will need to balance out the classes at some point as well at least if they want to stay towards the top of the conference consistently rather than compete just once or twice every 4-5 year stretch.

I'm not concerned, I'm sure the staff is doing its job. We are still a far ways away from signing day and we have many talented kids who have not made up their minds.

Montana hasn't gotten anyone committed yet, you think they are concerned?

I really hope we can land this Strickland kid from Holy Angels (MN), stick him with Hooker for the next 4 years....

I'm not sure people realize what a coup getting Tyler on transfer was. The kid is a player. He will be a tremendous backcourt mate for Hooker next year and the year to follow. Right now the battle across the nation is for athletic rangey wings, and big strong 4's & 5s that can score and defend. It will be interesting to see how those recruiting battles unfold. Honestly, I feel we have a strong staff who will be able to sell this program. You have a couch who has played professionally in Oliver, a coach with good connections in the Twin Cities, (example,Hooker) in Alhelegbe. We have a new assistant who has experience at high major institution and we've proven in year one that we're not too many pieces away from that bid in the BSC. I'm going to wait and see how everything unfolds, but I think this staff works hard. And I hope their hard work ends up with good rewards.

A couple of recruiting items:

C Kyle McKinley, 6'10', 215 from Stillwater apparently visited UND last weekend.

G Vince Fritz, 6'2" from Overland Park (Blue Valley NW), KS is to visit one of the next two weekends.

I do not know if we have offered either of these kids.

We have offered McKinley but I implied in the above post that he was a senior. He is a junior so he would be a 2015 recruit. He also has an offer from UNC.

I'm not concerned, I'm sure the staff is doing its job. We are still a far ways away from signing day and we have many talented kids who have not made up their minds.

Montana hasn't gotten anyone committed yet, you think they are concerned?

I really hope we can land this Strickland kid from Holy Angels (MN), stick him with Hooker for the next 4 years....

I agree it would be outstanding if we landed Stickland as some of the big boys are after him. His mother wants him to play close to home so that likely works in our favor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...