SiouxSports.com Forum

2013-2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Arroyo Edwards has narrowed his list down IPFW, WKU, UTSA, UW-GB and UND. He is also gaining interest from Ole Miss. This would be a huge get and would be very helpful to this team next season.

I think he's the kind of slasher/wing type player who can fill an immediate role next year. That last guy we got from Milwaukee seems to have worked out pretty good as well. I'd assume he'd have 2 years of eligibility left?

• 2 weeks later...

Arroyo Edwards has narrowed his list down IPFW, WKU, UTSA, UW-GB and UND. He is also gaining interest from Ole Miss. This would be a huge get and would be very helpful to this team next season.

Edwards just picked up an offer from East Carolina and it appears the interest from Ole Miss is serious.

I went and watched Minot vs Davies tonight at the State A tournament and all I can say is that Tanner Kretchman is an absolute stud that UND should have went very hard after. It was the first time I've seen him play. I had heard the stories about how good he is but until I watched him put up 45 on Minot tonight I didn't believe it. The kid is obviously a bit undersized but my god can he score. Easily the best North Dakota shooter since Boschee.

I am starting to wonder if we no longer have an offer out to Ngor Barnaba. According to this http://www.northstar...14-ngor-barnaba he only has offers from Community Colleges. I would be a little disappointed if this is true because we need more big bodies!

Also, I would not be disappointed if we gave an offer to Houston Lavachek. He has good size and can shoot the ball. Obviously a stretch but reminds me of a poor man's Doug McDermott. Maybe it is just because they are both tall and can shoot the three ball.

We have offered Fred Iduwe, 6'11", 220 - originally from Nigeria. Played prep ball at St. Johns NW Military Academy. He also has an offer from Green Bay.

Additional information: Iduwe has only played BB for three years - two at Central Park HS in AL and this last year at St. Johns Prep. Very athletic and can run all day long but very limited offensively so far. This "project" could turn out to be a great "get" for someone. He is visiting Georgia this weekend and Memphis visited him yesterday. The Gophers are also showing some interest in him.

I had never heard of St. Johns Prep but they have turned out some very good players - one recently was Lawrence Alexander, SU's PG.

We have offered Fred Iduwe, 6'11", 220 - originally from Nigeria. Played prep ball at St. Johns NW Military Academy. He also has an offer from Green Bay.

Additional information: Iduwe has only played BB for three years - two at Central Park HS in AL and this last year at St. Johns Prep. Very athletic and can run all day long but very limited offensively so far. This "project" could turn out to be a great "get" for someone. He is visiting Georgia this weekend and Memphis visited him yesterday. The Gophers are also showing some interest in him.

I had never heard of St. Johns Prep but they have turned out some very good players - one recently was Lawrence Alexander, SU's PG.

Generally a player of this size with limited experience is never going to be very good on the offensive end but are generally very good at blocking shots and altering shots on the defensive end which is not a bad thing to have.

Generally a player of this size with limited experience is never going to be very good on the offensive end but are generally very good at blocking shots and altering shots on the defensive end which is not a bad thing to have.

He needs to put on 40 pounds too.

I am surprised (and concerned) that there has been no indication who we are hoping to sign (other than Arroyo, Iduwe and maybe Barnaba). In today's age of blogs and other social media, most of this activity is public knowledge. Plus, with our having three scholarships available and a great need at the 4 & 5, you would think we would have offers out to 4-5 prospects. Hopefully, we do and we will all be excited when April 16th arrives!