SiouxSports.com Forum

2013-2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

• 2 weeks later...

I guess my question was answered. According to Tom Miller Estan Tyler from UMKC has transferred here.

Great pickup for the Sioux. Shot 43% from 3 with 60 made three pointers and shot 84% from the free throw line. This will definately help the pain of losing our 5 seniors after next year.

This could be a really nice get. I assume that he has to sit out a year and then will have two years remaining. Does anyone know for sure?

I believe this to be correct, but he hasn't used his redshirt year yet, so he will have 2 years of playing time left after sitting out a year. He should be a pretty solid player, did well in UMKC's offense which wasn't anything to write home about.

If we could somehow land one of the guards we have offered so far in the 2014 class that would be sweet! Especially if we somehow got JP Macura or Sandy Cohen but any of them would be great!

I wouldn't get your hopes up on either of them as Cohen has offers from Creighton, Marquette, Memphis, and Minnesota, while Macura has offers from Butler, Iowa State, Kansas State, and Saint Louis and from the way it sounds he will be offered by Minnesota soon as well.

New offer:

Chase Foster, a 6'5", 175 small forward from Highland Ranch, CO. His Valor Christian team finished 22-5 last year and finished 2nd in CO's 4A state tourney. All five of their starters were juniors so they should be very good again this upcoming year.

Foster averaged 16.8 as a sophomore and 19.7 last year. He has offers from CO, Montana St, San Fran and Wyoming. He wants to major in business and he is the president of an investment club. We need to make sure he understands the benefits of our entrepreneurial programs.

New offer:

Chase Foster, a 6'5", 175 small forward from Highlands Ranch, CO. His Valor Christian team finished 22-5 last year and finished 2nd in CO's 4A state tourney. All five of their starters were juniors so they should be very good again this upcoming year.

Foster averaged 16.8 as a sophomore and 19.7 last year. He has offers from CO, Montana St, San Fran and Wyoming. He wants to major in business and he is the president of an investment club. We need to make sure he understands the benefits of our entrepreneurial programs.

We are also looking at another kid from this team: 6'8", 230 C Zach Braxton. He has offers from Denver, Green Bay, Weber St & Wyoming.

We have offered Austin Gillman, a 6'11" center, from Oakville, MO - a St. Louis suburb. Unfortunately, SLU has just offered as well and it sounds like he will stay home to play his college ball.

As expected, Gillman has verballed to SLU.

Not sure if it was officially put on here, but it looks like Jarvis Garrett officially reclassified to the class of 2014. We offered him a while back as a class of 2013 recruit. He has offers from Creighton, UW-GB, UW-M along with a handful of other mid-majors (all per Rivals) plus interest from some other bigger schools like Marquette, USC, Oregon St, OSU, Indiana and LSU. Looks to be a long-shot at this point.

Not sure if it was officially put on here, but it looks like Jarvis Garrett officially reclassified to the class of 2014. We offered him a while back as a class of 2013 recruit. He has offers from Creighton, UW-GB, UW-M along with a handful of other mid-majors (all per Rivals) plus interest from some other bigger schools like Marquette, USC, Oregon St, OSU, Indiana and LSU. Looks to be a long-shot at this point.

I am not sure what happened with Garrett in Rivals - they must have mistakenly listed him as a 2013 recruit. I have moved him to 2014 in Wiki.

I am not sure what happened with Garrett in Rivals - they must have mistakenly listed him as a 2013 recruit. I have moved him to 2014 in Wiki.

He was originally a 2013 recruit but pushed himself back a year and is playing at a prep school this year.

I'm not sure people realize just how challenging it is to get some of these guys to come play here. If you get them to visit campus, you have a decent shot. But D1 recruiting, really is a dog fight. I'm learning this is the case from following this thread. Hopefully, we can hit on a couple more. I think Hooker and Tyler give us a solid foundation in the coming years, but I hope we can land a few of the front line players that we really want, eventually. Maybe I'm in the minority, and maybe not, but I do believe our staff is diligent in leaving no stone unturned. Hopefully, they will be rewarded for their hard work in landing some players on their list in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...