2 Mich v 16 USAFA

8 Minn v 9 BU

Bridgeport

3 Union v 14 Western Mich

6 Ferris v 11 Denver

Green Bay

4 UND v 13 Cornell

5 Miami v UM-Lowell

The only swap from pure bracket integrity is to swap 1 and 2 and make sure 1 is in the east.

Tons of options this year. Only absolute lock is the Gophers and UND in St. Paul. Truly I think it's good for both teams, I don't think the WCHA is nearly as strong as usual and I could see either or both the Gophers/Sioux dropping their first game.

North East Worcester

1 BC

16 Air Force (Have fun BC, AF is always a tough out)

7 UMD

9 BU

East Bridgeport

3 Union (seriously?)

14 Western

5 Miami

12 Lowell

MidWest GreenBay

2 Mich

13 Cornell

6 Ferris

11 DU

West

4 UND

15 Mich St.

8 Minn

10 Maine

Natural Seeding placing #1 seeds closest to home:

Worcester

1 BC vs 16 Air Force

8 Minn vs 9 BU

Green Bay

2 Mich vs 15 MSU

7 UMD vs 10 Maine

Bridgeport

3 Union vs 14 WMU

6 Ferris vs 11 DU

St Paul

4 UND vs 13 Cornell

5 Miami vs 12 Lowell

Minnesota, as a host institution must be placed in St Paul, so:

Worcester

1 BC vs 16 AF

open vs 9 BU

Green Bay

2 MI vs 15 MSU

open vs 10 Maine

Bridgeport

3 Union vs 14 WMU

open vs 11 DU

St Paul

4 UND vs 13 Cornell

8 MN vs 12 Lowell

7 UMD, 6 FSU and 5 Miami remain as the 2 seeds that need to be placed. Attempting to preserve bracket integrity, 7 should replace 8, 6 should replace 7, and 5 should replace 6...so:

Worcester

1 BC vs 16 AF

7 UMD vs 9 BU

Green Bay

2 MI vs 15 MSU

6 FSU vs 10 Maine

Bridgeport

3 Union vs 14 WMU

5 Miami vs 11 DU

St Paul

4 UND vs 13 Cornell

8 Minn vs 12 Lowell

Now adjust to avoid first round intra-conference

Michigan can not play MSU or WMU in the first round

Union can not play Cornell in the first round

So you swap 13 Cornell with 15 MSU

You arrive at:

Worcester

1 BC vs 16 AF

7 UMD vs 9 BU

Green Bay

2 MI vs 13 Cornell

6 FSU vs 10 Maine

Bridgeport

3 Union vs 14 WMU

5 Miami vs 11 DU

St Paul

4 UND vs 15 MSU

8 Minn vs 12 Lowell

The Worcester and St Paul brackets will have AWESOME attendance. The other two are ok...so, they might stick with this or, they might swap DU and Maine in order to reduce the travel burden for fans resulting in:

Worcester

1 BC vs 16 AF

7 UMD vs 9 BU

Green Bay

2 MI vs 13 Cornell

6 FSU vs 11 DU

Bridgeport

3 Union vs 14 WMU

5 Miami vs 10 Maine

St Paul

4 UND vs 15 MSU

8 Minn vs 12 Lowell

That's my bracketology

The USCHO expert just posted his bracket, which I don't think will happen....here is the link.

http://www.uscho.com...caa-tournament/

I don't agree with this bracket...they will preserve the top seeds route in before they preserve the true 2 and 3 seed matchups...why would they ever pull BU out of Worcester...a potential BU vs BC matchup in Worcester to go to the Frozen Four is gold. Same thing in St Paul...you love a UND vs Minn matchup to go to the Frozen Four.

I agree with the bracket. However, I would rather see us play Cornell than WMU. I swapped AF and MSU in my bracket. I think this is more fair however. I think BU would possibly get swapped to the NE if there wasn't a HE team already there as a third seed.

If things ended up as Moy predicts:

West Regional (St. Paul):

14 Western Michigan vs. 4 North Dakota

9 Boston University vs. 8 Minnesota

Midwest Regional (Green Bay):

13 Cornell vs. 2 Michigan

11 Denver vs. 6 Ferris State

East Regional (Bridgeport):

15 Michigan State vs. 3 Union

12 Massachusetts-Lowell vs. 5 Miami

Northeast Regional (Worcester):

16 Air Force vs. 1 Boston College

10 Maine vs. 7 Minnesota-Duluth

West and NE regionals are very tough.

East regional is a cakewalk.

Is it too early to worry about if and when we will be on TV? Sat.? I hate ESPN's NCAA hockey coverage. Every game from Fri. through Sun. should be televised.

This is why I have started to LOVE Midco. ESPN3 on my Xbox360. Split screen for the ability to watch 2 games at once.

LOVE IT!!

Regional TV Schedule

Date  Time (ET)  Game/Commentators  Network (s)

Sun, Mar 18  noon  NCAA Men’s Ice Hockey Selection ShowJohn Buccigross, Barry Melrose and Aaron Ward  ESPNU

Fri, Mar 23  3 p.m.  East Regional Semifinal 1 (Bridgeport, Conn.)John Buccigross and Barry Melrose  ESPNU/ESPN3

5:30 p.m.  Midwest Regional Semifinal 1(Green Bay, Wis.)Ben Holden and Sean Ritchlin  ESPN3

6:30 p.m.  East Regional Semifinal 2(Bridgeport, Conn.)John Buccigross and Barry Melrose  ESPNU/ESPN3

9 p.m.  Midwest Regional Semifinal 2 (Green Bay, Wis.)Ben Holden and Sean Ritchlin  ESPNU/ESPN3

11:30 p.m.  Midwest Regional Semifinal 1(Green Bay, Wis.)Ben Holden and Sean Ritchlin  ESPNU*

Sat, Mar 24  1:30 p.m.  West Regional Semifinal 1 (Saint Paul, Minn.)Clay Matvick and Dave Starman  ESPN3

4 p.m.  Northeast Regional Semifinal 1 (Worcester, Mass.)Joe Beninati and Billy Jaffe  ESPNU/ESPN3

5 p.m.  West Regional Semifinal 2  (Saint Paul, MN)Clay Matvick and Dave Starman  ESPN3

6:30 p.m.  East Regional Final (Bridgeport, Conn.)John Buccigross and Barry Melrose  ESPNU/ESPN3

7:30 p.m.  Northeast Regional Semifinal 2 (Worcester, Mass.)Joe Beninati and Billy Jaffe  ESPN3

9 p.m.  Midwest Regional Final (Green Bay, Wis.)Ben Holden and Sean Ritchlin  ESPNU/ESPN3

11:30 p.m.  Northeast Regional Semifinal 2 (Worcester, Mass.)Joe Beninati and Billy Jaffe  ESPNU**

Sun, Mar 25  12:30 p.m.  West Regional Semifinal 1 (Saint Paul, Minn.)Clay Matvick and Dave Starman  ESPNU**

3 p.m.  West Regional Semifinal 2(Saint Paul, Minn)Clay Matvick and Dave Starman  ESPNU**

5:30 p.m.  West Regional Final(Saint Paul, Minn.)Clay Matvick and Dave Starman  ESPNU/ESPN3

8 p.m.  Northeast Regional Final (Worcester, Mass.)Joe Beninati and Billy Jaffe  ESPNU/ESPN3

Thu, Apr 5  4:30 p.m.  Frozen Four Semifinal 1 (Tampa Bay, Fla.)Gary Thorne, Clay Matvick and Barry Melrose  ESPNU/ESPN3

8 p.m.  Frozen Four Semifinal 2  (Tampa Bay, Fla.)Gary Thorne, Clay Matvick and Barry Melrose  ESPN2/ESPN3

Sat, Apr 7  7 p.m.  NCAA Men’s Ice Hockey Championship (Tampa Bay, Fla.)Gary Thorne, Clay Matvick and Barry Melrose   ESPN2/ESPN3

*Tape Delayed from earlier March 23 live game on ESPN3

**Tape Delayed from earlier March 24 live game on ESPN3

Additional coverage via ESPN Front Row on ESPN.com’s David Albright and his Frozen Four experience.

I don't get all the worrying about attendance issues in St. Paul. That shouldn't be a reason to put UND there. Shouldn't Gophers as host and in it get plenty of fans for that regional? Now if you want to bring up busing / closest regional excuse...but attendance is not a good argument. Sioux fans travel and Green Bay needs help.

It's all ESPN Syndication, which means other networks can pay to air the ESPN production. At least that's how it's been in the past.

That changed starting last year. ESPN Syndication only allows in-house affiliates to pick up the games. In North Dakota, mostly all of the local ABC affiliate networks picked up the rights for the game so ND folks could watch the regional games.