SiouxSports.com Forum

Bracketology........

Frozen4sioux

I don't get all the worrying about attendance issues in St. Paul. That shouldn't be a reason to put UND there. Shouldn't Gophers as host and in it get plenty of fans for that regional? Now if you want to bring up busing / closest regional excuse...but attendance is not a good argument. Sioux fans travel and Green Bay needs help.

Green bay is a nice Venue

Moy hasn't missed predicting a NCAA bracket since 2004 I believe. UND is the lowest of the 4 #1 seeds and some #1 seed has to go to St.Paul and any of the higher #1 seeds would whine like crazy if they got shipped to St. Paul. The X has become the Ralph 2.0 within the state of hockey the last few years. If UND is to make the Frozen Four I wouldn't want it any other way than by ending the Gopher's season if the teams were to meet in the regional final. We were in Denver a few years back for the last regional final these two met in and it was crazy fun. Next Sunday at the X could be off the hook and something to be witnessed only by those not faint of heart.

Moy hasn't missed predicting a NCAA bracket since 2004 I believe. UND is the lowest of the 4 #1 seeds and some #1 seed has to go to St.Paul and any of the higher #1 seeds would whine like crazy if they got shipped to St. Paul. The X has become the Ralph 2.0 within the state of hockey the last few years. If UND is to make the Frozen Four I wouldn't want it any other way than by ending the Gopher's season if the teams were to meet in the regional final. We were in Denver a few years back for the last regional final these two met in and it was crazy fun. Next Sunday at the X could be off the hook and something to be witnessed only by those not faint of heart.

True- and I agreed with his brackets every one of the prior years. This years was harder though and you really have to think through it.

#1 seeds are supposed to go to the REgional closest to home. That puts the Sioux in St Paul again. I don't know why people think that UND will go to Green Bay...Michigan is closer to Green Bay than GF is.

I'm not so sure he's nailed the bracket/matchups, but he has nailed the teams in the tournament every year. Here is a snippet from his blog

He has been writing Bracketology since 2004 and has never missed predicting the NCAA field.

Might as well just send us to St. Paul and play the scared gophers. We can also pack that arena as hopefully many Sioux fans have already purchased tickets and will do so.

LET'S WEAR AS MUCH SIOUX APPAREL AS POSSIBLE AND MAKE AS MUCH NOISE AS WE CAN TO SHOW THE NCAA THAT THE SIOUX NAME WILL NEVER GO AWAY!!!!

The question marks are only there because of Minnesota being a host. They should be the be in Worcester playing BU, but instead they get moved to St Paul.

The committee could swap the whole bracket and move Minnesota and BU to St. Paul as some have suggested, but I don't know why they would move BU from Worcester...this is the NC$$ and Beanpot lite is very appealing. Or, as a conspiracy theorist, you might intentionally move BU west to set up the potential for two Boston schools in the Frozen Four.

So, I think they will slide the 2 seeds rather than moving an entire bracket.

The NCAA takes their bandings to seriously. The difference between a 4/5, 8/9, 12/13 is often less than a games worth of RPI points. But we have two rules that have been pretty straight forward. Seed the #1s in order closest to home. That puts Michigan in GB. Then place the host schools at the right regional.

UND and the Gophers will bring a lot of fun to the X as they always do. I just hope the Gophers can flip the results, but clearly they have to improve a ton in a weeks time or they won't get past Maine/BU.

The NCAA takes their bandings to seriously. The difference between a 4/5, 8/9, 12/13 is often less than a games worth of RPI points. But we have two rules that have been pretty straight forward. Seed the #1s in order closest to home. That puts Michigan in GB. Then place the host schools at the right regional.

UND and the Gophers will bring a lot of fun to the X as they always do. I just hope the Gophers can flip the results, but clearly they have to improve a ton in a weeks time or they won't get past Maine/BU.

I agree that the bandings are often very, very tight, however I believe you have to maintain the integrity of 1 seed, 2 seed, 3 seed, 4 seed due, if to nothing else, the final line change impact. The regular season has to have some consequence.

If the Gophers play BU, we probably wouldn't get a chance to end Minnesota's season. :)