SiouxSports.com Forum

New Jerseys

sioux24/7

I like the idea of finding if there is enough interest in it. If there is we would have to secure with university if we can even start a fund that goes directly to the football team. After that we probably need to create a non-profit organization with a treasurer ect.. This could be a yearly club that all proceeds would go to UND football. The money would go directly to the coaching staff to be sent as they see fit towards the football program. Again I don't know if any of this is realistic or if there is enough interest but its an idea.

• Upvote 1

If we have 50 people on here to give 20 bucks that equals 1000 bucks.

If those 50 people find 10 people each to give 20 bucks the total is now 10000 bucks.

And if those people that the 50 found can ask one person each to give 20 bucks then you have yourself 20000 bucks and new home green pant and jerseys.

Or you can skip step 3 and just get green jerseys.

In theory this doesn't sound hard and people would be able to send checks in the mail to a po box in grand forks.

Thanks to whomever created the poll. However, there probably should have been one more option:

Willing to contribute more than $20 but not confident......

In fact, you might want to add:

Willing contribute $100 or more and I am confident (or not) I can find 10 others to contribute at least $20.

Some folks are able to write bigger checks - if we tracked their responses, we would have a better idea of how much we could raise.

You don't want to go to all of the trouble to set up a non-profit. UND already has one that could handle the work, the Alumni Foundation. Work with the athletic department to see if they are interested. Talk to the Alumni Foundation to ask them to host the fund. They accept dedicated donations, so it shouldn't be a big problem for them. They might even help publicize it. Much easier and cheaper than getting 501©3 status from the IRS.

For those of you who love green jerseys and all green uniforms pants and helmets included, take note:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/boise-state-just-t-win-ncaa-tries-keep-203338708--ncaaf.html#more-26441

Teams that wear green, like Baylor, Colorado State or South Florida to name a few, are also affected. Under the proposal, they will be restricted from wearing all-green uniforms on their green fields. But let's be honest: This is the Boise State Rule.

The rule will have to be approved by the Playing Rules Oversight Panel. Coaches have complained that the all-blue uniforms give the team a competitive advantage, which seems a bit overstated.

Boise State wanting to wear all blue at home on the blue turf seems to be the driving force for the new rule.

If those 50 people find 10 people each to give 20 bucks the total is now 10000 bucks.

And if those people that the 50 found can ask one person each to give 20 bucks then you have yourself 20000 bucks and new home green pant and jerseys.

In theory this doesn't sound hard and people would be able to send checks in the mail to a po box in grand forks.

is this a pyramid scheme?

We can't even get people to pony up 15 bucks to go to the game let alone donate to the team for jerseys. How bout we focus on that first!!

• 1 month later...

Aren't we supposedly getting new white jerseys this year? Or did I just make that up in my head?

Yes. New whites this year. New greens next year (or the year after). Unless someone on Siouxsports hits it rich and donates for the greens this year!

• 2 weeks later...

Per Mussman's commentating during the spring game, new white jerseys have been ordered and will be used this fall for away games. I'm not sure on the pants situation - new white pants may have been ordered but it is also possible black pants will be worn with the white jerseys.

Per Mussman's commentating during the spring game, new white jerseys have been ordered and will be used this fall for away games. I'm not sure on the pants situation - new white pants may have been ordered but it is also possible black pants will be worn with the white jerseys.

They'll get new pants too