SiouxSports.com Forum

2013 Recruiting

Hambone

I read he was not going to further his football career and was attending a school in Ohio perhaps Ohio State. I aslo read that NDSU offered him as LB a couple of days ago. Of course I have no insider info, this is completely what I've read from this site.

I read he was not going to further his football career and was attending a school in Ohio perhaps Ohio State. I aslo read that NDSU offered him as LB a couple of days ago. Of course I have no insider info, this is completely what I've read from this site.

Based on his Twitter I'd assume he doesn't really like NDSU though. But who knows, a scholarship offer can change a kid's opinion of a school.

Johs tweeted himself that he was offered as RB. it would be a shame if he quit football.

SFI has Kurt Palandech listed as a verbal on the side of e blog - must have missed that one although we knew he was visiting

Found this tweet posted by a HS teammate on Jan. 21...

Kiefer Ketelhut@KieferKetelhut

Congrats to my teammate and brother Kurt Palandech for committing to play football at North Dakota next year #D1 #DakotaSquad

Edit: Oddly enough, Ketelhut is a USD commit, according to his Twitter.

SFI has Kurt Palandech listed as a verbal on the side of e blog - must have missed that one although we knew he was visiting

Hudl video

That page and this one both list his 40 yard dash at 4.50. His highlights show him playing mainly QB in high school but he is listed as playing DB as well. If that speed is legit and he's 6'2" 185lbs, there are probably a handful of options to find him some time on the field.

Per this article, the newspaper named him a first team all area and:

Notable: Two-time All-Southwest Prairie. Completed 60-of-122 passes, 49.2 percent, for 981 yards and 12 touchdowns. Rushed for 684 yards and seven touchdowns, averaging 7.5 per carry. Excellent defensive back when needed there. Made 17 tackles, 12 solo, broke up four passes and had three interceptions. Being recruited by MAC, Ivy League and D-II schools.

Coach Tim Kane: “Kurt has been a great leader and made so many plays on both sides of the ball. As a QB he is dangerous due to his speed, athleticism and throwing ability. Numerous times he made positive yards when it had looked like a play for a loss.”

Welcome Kurt!

I also like when qbs transition to defense since they know how qbs think and what they look for.

I like it when QBs move to safety because:

(a) they, as you said, think like a QB, and

(b) tend to have a lot of pent up frustration from being hit and want to return some of it. ;)

I like it when QBs move to safety because:

(a) they, as you said, think like a QB, and

(b) tend to have a lot of pent up frustration from being hit and want to return some of it. ;)

If he's 6'2" and runs a legitimate 4.50 40-yard dash, you find room for him on the field. Haven't saw any film of him on defense, but wonder if he could match up at corner against some of the Big Sky receivers.

If he's 6'2" and runs a legitimate 4.50 40-yard dash, you find room for him on the field. Haven't saw any film of him on defense, but wonder if he could match up at corner against some of the Big Sky receivers.

4.5 40 is fast enough. Depends on how quick he is. Great size and speed for a free safety. Would have been perfect if Hendrickson would have moved to free safety early in his career. Great athlete and I think he could have been outstanding. I don't know for sure but I understood he wanted to stay at QB. Had he moved I think he would have been much happier.

So our remaining needs in this recruiting season are cb and lb. Both lines seem locked up as do rb wr te qb s and p. Who are the top targets remaining and how many unknown chest bumps are out their and for which coach?

I assume Thurman is still major target.

It looks like CB and LB are a common problem this year. UND, Montana, and NDSU are all looking for CB help although Montana getting McKinley heals them quite a bit, and Montana only has a partial committed at LB so they're looking there too as is NDSU who is waiting on Matt Plank's decision which would be a big get.

Looks like a tight market at those two spots, and getting Thurman has to be the #1 priority right now.

It looks like CB and LB are a common problem this year. UND, Montana, and NDSU are all looking for CB help although Montana getting McKinley heals them quite a bit, and Montana only has a partial committed at LB so they're looking there too as is NDSU who is waiting on Matt Plank's decision which would be a big get.

Looks like a tight market at those two spots, and getting Thurman has to be the #1 priority right now.

Mr. Plank commited yesterday to NDSU.