SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SCSU

brianvf

Let's assume "no Parks" this weekend (as he's day to day): UND has 16 healthy* skaters to put onto the ice this weekend.

Defense: MacWilliam, Mattson, Simpson, Blood, Gleason, Panzarella

Forward: Kristo, Knight, Nelson, Lamoureux, Rowney, Gaarder, Dickin, MacMillan, Pattyn, Senkbeil

Goales: Dell, Eidsness, Maris

Injured/Out: Forbort, Rodwell, Grimaldi, O'Donnell, Parks

Not eligible: St. Clair, MacMillan (Mitch)

My "can Maris skate a wing" question is getting less and less funny. :(

*"Healthy" is a relative term when it comes to Knight and Lamoureux recovering from injuries that kept them out previously.

schlossman's preseason predicted 2nd and 3rd lines consisted of grimaldi, miller, odonnell, parks, rodwell and st. clair... ouch. it's amazing this team has battled the way it has to stay in the hunt.

as to how the team/coaches handled injuries, like someone above said, the medical professionals and the player make those decisions, not the coach. and with grimaldi's injury, the reason they didn't do surgery 12 weeks ago was there was a chance he could play on it and have surgery after the season. obviously that did not happen, but a bifurcated patella is a congenital condition, not a fault of anyones but God (don't tell Grimaldi... :) ) so let's not add fuel to an unnecessary fire.

but really though, when it rains it pours for this years team... when's the last time a team lost this many players for this amount of games?? i'll second sica's thought above, they might take the goalie pads off maris and start skating him!

Going into the weekend we need 2, I would love 3, and would have a hard time believing 4.

Remember we struggle Fridays in St. Clown. 0-7-4 Friday 9-1-1 Sat since ‘98 Let's hope Lee is back in net since he has not beaten us.

As much fun as it would be to see Tater out on the ice, I just can't see him being in good enough shape to keep up. Playing goalie is a whole different condition. Think marathoner to Sprinter. Both are in shape but for different tasks.

I'll be there in the Lower bowl behind the box for my 4th year in a row and just got my voice back from the gooferz series.

GO SIOUX NoDak!

Just to clarify, the surgery was going to be season-ending whenever it occurs; he would not have been back by now.

Just to clarifiy, the speculation, as posted by a few on this site, is his injury was traumatic in nature causing bipartite patella. IF this is the case, immediate surgery for this type of traumatic injury/problem generally results in a fairly quick return to normal activity...usually in the 1-2 month range. To say surgery was going to be season ending whenever it occurred and he wouldn't have been back by now if he would have had immediate surgery following the Goph's series in Minneapolis, is speculation as well...unless you are his Dr. Every injury situation is different, but I would question your bolded comment above as fact. And no I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Bottom line, it's disappointing he won't be playing the rest of the year.

Just to clarifiy, the speculation, as posted by a few on this site, is his injury was traumatic in nature causing bipartite patella. IF this is the case, immediate surgery for this type of traumatic injury/problem generally results in a fairly quick return to normal activity...usually in the 1-2 month range. To say surgery was going to be season ending whenever it occurred and he wouldn't have been back by now if he would have had immediate surgery following the Goph's series in Minneapolis, is speculation as well...unless you are his Dr. Every injury situation is different, but I would question your bolded comment above as fact. And no I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Bottom line, it's disappointing he won't be playing the rest of the year.

I thought this was congenital?

so the Trauma exposed the problem but didn't cause it.

Also, Who do we know what this is? Aren't there privacy laws that stop that? Or did I miss the announcement?

Edited by MSFY 9:52

thats the way i understand it......not 100 % sure but i think there was a annoucnement...Brad S.????

Battle of the depleted hockey teams this weekend. I agree with Sicatoka. Put Maris on a wing with Knight and Kristo. Goalies are supposed to be the best athletes on the team. Get the Puck to either guy, and in the offensive end stand in front of the net and draw a defenseman out of the play. Pretty simple. :lol:

Battle of the depleted hockey teams this weekend. I agree with Sicatoka. Put Maris on a wing with Knight and Kristo. Goalies are supposed to be the best athletes on the team. Get the Puck to either guy, and in the offensive end stand in front of the net and draw a defenseman out of the play. Pretty simple. :lol:

Duh... sounds simple to me :lol:

so the Trauma exposed the problem but didn't cause it.

Also, Who do we know what this is?

Congenital in 1% of population. I have no clue if he had it from birth or trauma caused it or if it was a combo of the two. My point is that it was wreckless to state, as jk did, that no matter if or when surgery was performed that it would have been season ending regardless. Based on the limited info on his situation, he could have possibly been able to play by now or earlier if surgery would have been performed right after the injury occured or got worse from trauma...not a given, but odds were in his favor. Now it is season ending as there is no point to race him back even if his recovery falls within the general norm of 1-2 months recovery time follwing surgery.

Congenital in 1% of population. I have no clue if he had it from birth or trauma caused it or if it was a combo of the two. My point is that it was wreckless to state, as jk did, that no matter if or when surgery was performed that it would have been season ending regardless. Based on the limited info on his situation, he could have possibly been able to play by now or earlier if surgery would have been performed right after the injury occured or got worse from trauma...not a given, but odds were in his favor. Now it is season ending as there is no point to race him back even if his recovery falls within the general norm of 1-2 months recovery time follwing surgery.

If I remember correctly, when it was announced several months ago that he had this injury it was stated that he could have the surgery then and his season would be over or he could wait and see if he could play with the injury.

If I remember correctly, when it was announced several months ago that he had this injury it was stated that he could have the surgery then and his season would be over or he could wait and see if he could play with the injury.

I read this same thing, and it also was stated that this is a birth defect not a result of an injury! Playing with it will not cause damage but is very painful! That is why the attempt of letting it rest to try salvage some play time.

This weekend's UND/SCSU games will be on Charter channel 87 in St. Cloud, Comcast Channel 13 (St. Paul) and Comcast Channel 23 (Minneapolis)

UND fans in the SC and TC metro area can watch the game on Charter ch.87 in St Cloud, Comcast ch.13 in Minneapolis and Comcast ch.23 in St Paul.

Not unless you are in the Twin Cities and have Comcast.

I am no Dave Berger (who is!?) but I think Dell has a good weekend. He tends to bounce back nicely after a rough outing. UND salvages a 1-1 tie tonight. This is followed by an offensive wake up call and a win on Saturday. Green glasses go back in the case. Bring on Bucky.