SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SCSU

brianvf

Quite the injury situation we have had this season. I honestly don't remember the Sioux ever having this much injury trouble in one season. Crazy.

Hopefully they can still get at least 2-3 points in SCSU and try to get healthy for the following weekend.

I'm starting to think that Grimaldi might be out for the season. This is just dragging on much too long. Although getting him back in the next couple weeks would be a great offensive spark for the 2nd line.

Quite the injury situation we have had this season. I honestly don't remember the Sioux ever having this much injury trouble in one season. Crazy.

Hopefully they can still get at least 2-3 points in SCSU and try to get healthy for the following weekend.

I'm starting to think that Grimaldi might be out for the season. This is just dragging on much too long. Although getting him back in the next couple weeks would be a great offensive spark for the 2nd line.

based on what hak said today-they still haven't ruled out grimaldi having surgery. so my guess is he will be done for the year here shortly.

It's a really quick trip and a fun atmosphere if you have never gone. SCSU is a nice option for a big group from the cities who can't get a group together at Mariucci and for those in Fargo it's an easy drive on I-94. Geographically speaking, Bemidji is closer in mileage but this is smoother jaunt.

Last year it was a blast with UND fans making the lions share of the noise -- a three point weekend for the good guys in green and white. If you go, don't expect much in terms of asthetics. No beer, concessions are meager, and the neighborhood around the arena is, well, a campus. I liken the arena itself to the Minot State Dome. But when the Gophers or Sioux come to town, it's an event.

SCSU is really a fun place to go to a game and stay for the weekend especially if like the night life as well. Awesome bars...

PM me if anyone wants to purchase two lower level tickets. Section 116 row 2 seats 1 & 2. Face value $35 ea. I can't believe SCSU can get away with charging $35!

we were going to go to the games, the two guys that I was going to go to the game with had something come up, I think I saw 44 dollars for the price of the tickets from Ticket Master. I don't want to tell you what I paid for my tickets from Stub Hub were for the UMD and UND tickets. I think I paided 340.00 for three tickets to sit two rows from the glass. It's my vacation and I don't care, it's worth it.

Edited by Goon

we were going to go to the games, the two guys that I was going to go to the game with had something come up, I think I saw 44 dollars for the price of the tickets from Ticket Master. I don't want to tell you what I paid for my tickets from Stub Hub were for the UMD and UND tickets. I think I paided 340.00 to sit two rows from the glass.

Ok, I'll go $43 ;)

I have gone to this series for probably the last 7 or 8 years and have never had a ticket ahead of time. Usually end up with a freebie or reduced price(dont think I have ever paid more than 15-20)...I like to stand on glass or up top so ticket location isn't important to me.

based on what hak said today-they still haven't ruled out grimaldi having surgery. so my guess is he will be done for the year here shortly.

If surgery was the immediate fix...it should of been done right away IMO. He more than likely would have been back by now. He has been resting/rehabing for 11-12 weeks now.

Forbort done for the year wouldn't suprise me either...not tongue in cheek.

I'm suprise the Rodwell situation didn't get strung out...must of had his arm dangling from the joint to get a call to end the season so quick.

If surgery was the immediate fix...it should of been done right away IMO. He more than likely would have been back by now. He has been resting/rehabing for 11-12 weeks now.

Forbort done for the year wouldn't suprise me either...not tongue in cheek.

I'm suprise the Rodwell situation didn't get strung out...must of had his arm dangling from the joint to get a call to end the season so quick.

I thought I read where Brad said that Roco just started skating last week. Forbort was skating in practice last week so he must still be week to week.

Just to clarify, the surgery was going to be season-ending whenever it occurs; he would not have been back by now. His injury is a very unusual situation; it'll be easy afterward to see what the right course should have been, but there's no roadmap for something you basically haven't seen before.

There seems to be an unfounded undercurrent of specualtion in some posts that the team has mishandled injuries. Let the professionals who actually have the information and experience do their jobs, and the team will have to go with the players it has. Also, in each of these cases, you can be sure the NHL teams which own the players' rights are involved.

• Upvote 2

Just to clarify, the surgery was going to be season-ending whenever it occurs; he would not have been back by now. His injury is a very unusual situation; it'll be easy afterward to see what the right course should have been, but there's no roadmap for something you basically haven't seen before.

There seems to be an unfounded undercurrent of specualtion in some posts that the team has mishandled injuries. Let the professionals who actually have the information and experience do their jobs, and the team will have to go with the players it has. Also, in each of these cases, you can be sure the NHL teams which own the players' rights are involved.

But a lot of these speculators stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. Doesn't that count for something? :lol:

• Upvote 1

check out Wally Shaver and Tim Hennessy is called a Homer. http://www.gopherpucklive.com/audio/1500/WallyShaver_BenBlood.mp3

I am sure that the U of M will be issuing an apology any day now (probably already done so, I just haven't seen it). :silly:

A school as politically correct as Minnesota will in no way tolerate these kind of comments from the guy doing their hockey play-by-play.

Heck, they won't allow "Fighting Sioux" to be uttered in their arena so I am sure they would be extremely upset to find out that Shaver use the term "hose heads" when referring to UND on the air. In case I somehow miss this apology could someone please provide a link. Thanks. :)

I am sure that the U of M will be issuing an apology any day now (probably already done so, I just haven't seen it). :silly:

A school as politically correct as Minnesota will in no way tolerate these kind of comments from the guy doing their hockey play-by-play.

Heck, they won't allow "Fighting Sioux" to be uttered in their arena so I am sure they would be extremely upset to find out that Shaver use the term "hose heads" when referring to UND on the air. In case I somehow miss this apology could someone please provide a link. Thanks. :)

Im surprised Hakstol and Sioux fans are so upset about this. Who the heck cares what Shaver says during a game. Hoseheads is not an offensive term, in fact it's kinda funny. And IF anyone should apologize(which I don't think is warranted) it should be Shaver or KSTP 1500 but not the U.

Im surprised Hakstol and Sioux fans are so upset about this. Who the heck cares what Shaver says during a game. Hoseheads is not an offensive term, in fact it's kinda funny.

Fail.

Hosehead : (slang) A derogatory term for a person from Canada (Source: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/hosehead )

Wally Shaver knew exactly what he said, and why he said it. More Minnesota hockey xenophobia.

• Upvote 2

Im surprised Hakstol and Sioux fans are so upset about this. Who the heck cares what Shaver says during a game. Hoseheads is not an offensive term, in fact it's kinda funny. And IF anyone should apologize(which I don't think is warranted) it should be Shaver or KSTP 1500 but not the U.

He was out of line and as a professional in his field of work, it showed a complete lack of professionalism to rail on student athletes of an opposing institution. That's the issue here. While I'm not sure the U should apologize since they have no control over what Wally says on air, Wally definitely should. I don't find the term hosehead funny. It's a derogatory term for an individual from Canada, and really disrespectful.

This weekend's UND/SCSU games will be on Charter channel 87 in St. Cloud, Comcast Channel 13 (St. Paul) and Comcast Channel 23 (Minneapolis)

UND fans in the SC and TC metro area can watch the game on Charter ch.87 in St Cloud, Comcast ch.13 in Minneapolis and Comcast ch.23 in St Paul.