SiouxSports.com Forum

Mid-Major Top 25

sioux24/7

The way I see it we are Number 1 for all Great West teams. Dont know how many teams there are for mid majors but at least we are mentioned with a very very young team still. Go Sioux

All teams from these conferences are ranked in this poll (that I know nothing about).

America East, Atlantic Sun, Big Sky, Big South, Big West, Colonial, Great West, Horizon, Independents, Ivy, Metro Atlantic, Mid-American, Mid-Eastern, Missouri Valley, Northeast, Ohio Valley, Patriot, Southern, Southland, Southwestern, Summit, Sun Belt, West Coast

UND won their conference tournement right? Would make sense that someone would consider that fact alone.

Thats if you think people who vote in polls are competent enough to not get schools mixed up with someone else. Are you sure these coaches are or should we write 2 articles on it in 4 weeks? :lol:

Kind of strange to see BYU considered a "mid-major" now.

Honestly, I think that throughout the media these days, any school regardless of the sport, that is not a member of a BCS Football AQ conference is considered a "mid-major".

"Mid-Major" seems to be a term thrown around to any basketball team that represents a school that would absolutely never have a chance of playing for a national championship in the sport of FBS football.

Personally I think there is far more parody in the world of "big-time" college basketball than there is in "big-time" college football.

Here's how I break it down as far as basketball goes in no particular order..............

High-Major

Big East

Big 12

Big 10

SEC

PAC 12

ACC

Mountain West

Missouri Valley

C-USA

Mid-Major

Horizon

WAC

WCC

Atlantic-10

Ivy League

Low-Major

Metro Atlantic

SoCon

MAC

NEC

Atlantic Sun

Big Sky

Summit

Big South

Sun Belt

Patriot

Big West

OVC

Southland

MEAC

SWAC

America East

Honestly, I think that throughout the media these days, any school regardless of the sport, that is not a member of a BCS Football AQ conference is considered a "mid-major".

"Mid-Major" seems to be a term thrown around to any basketball team that represents a school that would absolutely never have a chance of playing for a national championship in the sport of FBS football.

Personally I think there is far more parody in the world of "big-time" college basketball than there is in "big-time" college football.

Here's how I break it down as far as basketball goes in no particular order..............

High-Major

Big East

Big 12

Big 10

SEC

PAC 12

ACC

Mountain West

Missouri Valley

C-USA

Mid-Major

Horizon

WAC

WCC

Atlantic-10

Ivy League

Low-Major

Metro Atlantic

SoCon

MAC

NEC

Atlantic Sun

Big Sky

Summit

Big South

Sun Belt

Patriot

Big West

OVC

Southland

MEAC

SWAC

America East

That's pretty good. I think the only changes I would make is drop the MVC to mid-major, and Ivy league to low-major.

High-Major

Big East

Big 12

Big 10

SEC

PAC 12

ACC

Mountain West

Missouri Valley

C-USA

Mid-Major

Horizon

WAC

WCC

Atlantic-10

Ivy League

Low-Major

Metro Atlantic

SoCon

MAC

NEC

Atlantic Sun

Big Sky

Summit

Big South

Sun Belt

Patriot

Big West

OVC

Southland

MEAC

SWAC

America East

The MVC and CUSA have really crashed lately and are more like mid-majors now. I'd put both the A-10 (as long as it still has Temple, Xavier, Richmond, and Dayton) as well as the Colonial (deep multiple bid league recently as well as VCU and GMU final fours, the CAA wasn't listed) well above them. The Big West and Sun Belt can sometimes break out of the bottom grouping, but their bottom teams just bring those leagues down too far.

Ouch!!

There is a certain Bison fan whose board name contains a body of water that enjoys going from forum to forum announcing that UND lost to Mayville in BB. I'm sure he is having a wonderful day today. :lol:

It's being spun as losing to Morehead St (Ky), who was in the NCAA tournament last year. ;)

"Moorhead" St was missing its best player, too. :lol:

We've been told for years that a certain team in the FM area is stockpiling talent. Now we know which one.

It's being spun as losing to Morehead St (Ky), who was in the NCAA tournament last year. ;)

"Moorhead" St was missing its best player, too. :lol:

We've been told for years that a certain team in the FM area is stockpiling talent. Now we know which one.

Double ouch!