SiouxSports.com Forum

Mid-Major Top 25

sioux24/7

Didn't the Gophers lose to Winona State or come very close to losing to them a few years ago?

Winona State did beat the Gophers a few years ago in an exhibition game but I believe that was one of the years that WSU won the D-II national championship.

This is really surprising because NSU had its worst year in a long, long time last season. I think Arizona also lost to a D-II school the other night.

D1 schools losing to D2 schools in basketball exhibitions every year, at the low-major, mid-major and even high major levels. Guess which school is going to be more excited to play the game and which one it means more to? I guess we will find out more in January when the 2 teams play each other.

D1 schools losing to D2 schools in basketball exhibitions every year, at the low-major, mid-major and even high major levels. Guess which school is going to be more excited to play the game and which one it means more to? I guess we will find out more in January when the 2 teams play each other.

Typical response to losing to an inferior opponent. Let me restate that a VERY inferrioir opponent. I guess losing to a d2 school doesn't really mean much to NDSU players, coaches, and their fans. If that is the case, that is pretty pathetic. Just face the facts. They played better and you lost. and maybe you aren't as good as you think they are this year.

I cannot wait till we putt the beatdown on the Herd in January at the Ralph. Don't be suprised if you hear a "Moorhead State" chant a couple times that night!!

Typical response to losing to an inferior opponent. Let me restate that a VERY inferrioir opponent. I guess losing to a d2 school doesn't really mean much to NDSU players, coaches, and their fans. If that is the case, that is pretty pathetic. Just face the facts. They played better and you lost. and maybe you aren't as good as you think they are this year.

I cannot wait till we putt the beatdown on the Herd in January at the Ralph. Don't be suprised if you hear a "Moorhead State" chant a couple times that night!!

Just wait for the Bison excuses then....the logos were too distracting, its just a non-conference game, and the infamous...at least we have football. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...