SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

that would be the death of the summit......it could happen tho

Screenshot 2024-05-11 4.05.24 PM.png

Why would a bus league start adding flights? Private schools lose way too much power as well to go along with that. 

Kolpac is getting tired of teams getting fbs invites and not the bison

he has it all figured and wants ndsu to start making calls to fbs conferences 

‘in 5 years ncaa sports will be so screwed up who knows where teams will be 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Why would a bus league start adding flights? Private schools lose way too much power as well to go along with that. 

bc if they keep getting raided you gotta expand somewhere and somewhere better have a lot of eyeballs for streaming and whatnot...like denver, omaha, and or kc

18 hours ago, Kab said:

Kolpac is getting tired of teams getting fbs invites and not the bison

he has it all figured and wants ndsu to start making calls to fbs conferences 

‘in 5 years ncaa sports will be so screwed up who knows where teams will be 

Who knew Kolpac was Lakes all this time! Not sure why he is jealous of the CUSA, they could have jumped there long ago

3 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Who knew Kolpac was Lakes all this time! Not sure why he is jealous of the CUSA, they could have jumped there long ago

i would love to know izzo's and kolpack's burner accounts.....

7 minutes ago, SiouxHawkGuy said:

If the Summit got UTU and SUU maybe Weber would be interested…

i think the only way fenton gets a "good get (not utu or suu) is by either dangling the idea/promise of summit hockey or fbs football.

otherwise he's talking to unc, augie, utu, suu, uvu, minny state...instead of weber, drake, niu, montanas.......

17 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i think the only way fenton gets a "good get (not utu or suu) is by either dangling the idea/promise of summit hockey or fbs football.

otherwise he's talking to unc, augie, utu, suu, uvu, minny state...instead of weber, drake, niu, montanas.......

SCHOOLS WITHOUT HOCKEY DON'T CARE ABOUT HYPOTHETICAL SUMMIT HOCKEY

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

SCHOOLS WITHOUT HOCKEY DON'T CARE ABOUT HYPOTHETICAL SUMMIT HOCKEY

if a school like UNI is unhappy with the watered down mwc (and maybe even more watered down soon) and they want to add hockey a nice little invite to the best hockey conference might get them on board....small chance but it's there....plus summit football would be a huge step up from them being left behind  ( if fenton can pull off summit football) in the mvfc and playing indiana state and murray state.........

I have read UNI being linked with college hockey several times on this board.  I haven't heard a whisper about that anywhere but here.

UNI, a Valley basketball school, adding hockey?  No chance.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

I have read UNI being linked with college hockey several times on this board.  I haven't heard a whisper about that anywhere but here.

UNI, a Valley basketball school, adding hockey?  No chance.

there are a lot of schools that have added d1 hockey recently that a lot of people said "no chance" and they didn't even have 1 junior hockey programs in their state much less 5......

i think the first iowa school to add d1 hockey will look back on it and say they were correct in doing so.....

USHL_Team_Locations.png

19 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

https://iowastatedaily.com/43881/sports/when-hockey-was-in-hilton-coliseum/

ia state should ................or iowa bc they would have a confernce waiting for them...

I've played against the ISU club team at Hilton back in the early 90's when I was on Team Midwest HS All-Star team.  We regularly played the ISU club team and crushed them.  That turned me off of "club" hockey as I thought it was garbage seeing as how a bunch of high school kids could kick the crap out of them.  Played football out of HS instead as that is what was being offered in front of me.  That or a tryout for a junior team in Kalamazoo, MI.  I chose college football.

Iowa not only has a conference home waiting for them they also have a D1 hockey level arena sitting there begging for them to move into in Coralville.  I'm to the point where (as a big Hawkeye fan) I am actually getting really negative of my views on their athletic department for their short-sighted refusal to start D1 hockey.

Oh, and USD and SDSU are going to rue the day they let Augustana beat them to the D1 hockey punch.  That program is taking over Sioux Falls.  I'm watching it happen in real time.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

I've played against the ISU club team at Hilton back in the early 90's when I was on Team Midwest HS All-Star team.  We regularly played the ISU club team and crushed them.  That turned me off of "club" hockey as I thought it was garbage seeing as how a bunch of high school kids could kick the crap out of them.  Played football out of HS instead as that is what was being offered in front of me.  That or a tryout for a junior team in Kalamazoo, MI.  I chose college football.

Iowa not only has a conference home waiting for them they also have a D1 hockey level arena sitting there begging for them to move into in Coralville.  I'm to the point where (as a big Hawkeye fan) I am actually getting really negative of my views on their athletic department for their short-sighted refusal to start D1 hockey.

Oh, and USD and SDSU are going to rue the day they let Augustana beat them to the D1 hockey punch.  That program is taking over Sioux Falls.  I'm watching it happen in real time.

Agree on Augie.. it is just going to push Augie for more at the DI level down the road.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Yote 53 said:

couldn't you say the same kinda about uni and adding hockey.........set yourself apart from all the other d1 programs (especially the non 2 big ones) in the state of iowa?

yes...they don't have the arena but having schools like University of MIinnesota and UND and Wisconsin, and Arizona State AND Augustana (haha) coming to town for hockey would be a huge huge draw imo.....

• Upvote 1

Would fenton have more of a chance of grabbing UNI and or Drake if the MVC loses MSU (already did), Belmont (possible A10 invite to replace UMass), and UIC (possible Horizon invite to even them at 12)? MVC would be losing two of their biggest media markets in Nashville and Chicago.

Plus if Fenton got St Thomas and Youngstown to joing Summit Football UNI wouldn't be happy with whatever football teams would be in whatever the MVFC would offer.....UNI, ISUr, ISUb, Murray St, SIU...need 1 more...Drake moves from Pioneer?

MVC would be down to 5 FB / 9 oly

UNI

Drake

Bradley

ISUr

ISUb

SIU

Murray State

Evansville

Valpo

let's say omaha accepts an invite to the MWC and Fenton evokes the "either you with us or against us mantra" and he evicts the Mavs and they accept a CCHA membership...

is a watered down MWC/CCHA membership better than a Summit/NCHC membership to Omaha's fans?

this goes back to someone's post of here where Fenton can hold or use hockey membership inthe ncha/summit over the heads of schools that want to leave for greener olympic sports pastures...........like St. Thomas will try to do down the road (sooner than later imo)......

lock em up fenton!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/29/2024 at 5:37 PM, SiouxHawkGuy said:

St Thomas hockey would much rather be affiliated with UND and UMD than Bemidji and Mankato. Wouldn’t be surprised if they have already been in talks with the NCHC to be the 10th. New arena is on the way. 

They also already play Denver and Omaha in basketball. 

Well well well