SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

On 4/1/2024 at 9:37 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if misery state doesn't get that FBS invite....4 west / 4 east

dak4

St thomas, Drake, UNI, and misery state.

where's fenton

image.png.ca1a4a113ce5866f2d05e9eddba46fd5.png

Yuck.   Not even funny as an April Fools Day joke.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what's your plan/idea for the dak4 to move away from being red headed step bitches of the mvc?

What would the Summit offer that the MVFC doesn't do now?   I actually see the Summit football as being a weaker conference if you ever got it going

25 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

What would the Summit offer that the MVFC doesn't do now?   I actually see the Summit football as being a weaker conference if you ever got it going

if it's FBS it would be a FBS conference in the Central Time that would rival the MWC and the MAC for G5 "midwest" superiority.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

if it's FBS it would be a FBS conference in the Central Time that would rival the MWC and the MAC for G5 "midwest" superiority.

If it's FBS, yes, but good luck getting that to happen.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 7:09 PM, nodakvindy said:

To be fair, with college sports now nothing seems impossible and every day seems like April Fool's Day.

I think at the low major/FCS level, conferences still mostly make sense. There isn't giant TV money incentivizing irrational behavior (USC/UCLA/UW/UO joining B1G). 

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/7/2024 at 6:50 PM, SIOUXFAN97 said:

looking for more Murray states?

I know people dump on some of the lesser programs in the conference but isn't the purpose of the Missouri Valley Football Conference just to be a place for Summit/MVC schools to park their football teams?

12 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I know people dump on some of the lesser programs in the conference but isn't the purpose of the Missouri Valley Football Conference just to be a place for Summit/MVC schools to park their football teams?

essentially yes...but the power is still with the mvc....BUT the power mvfb programs are all summit league.

1 minute ago, nodak651 said:

Is there a credible source?   I honestly trust random message board people over him.

agreed....no soccer and denver get pissed (but they don't have many options...) but does offer a true travel partner for denver and evens out the league at 10

40 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

agreed....no soccer and denver get pissed (but they don't have many options...) but does offer a true travel partner for denver and evens out the league at 10

Denver will go wherever let's them keep the sports they want and not require them to add ones they don't. It is why they are in the Summit and are very likely to stay in the Summit unless something significant changes.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Denver will go wherever let's them keep the sports they want and not require them to add ones they don't. It is why they are in the Summit and are very likely to stay in the Summit unless something significant changes.

haha are you sure they will go wherever they will go....

Screenshot 2024-05-07 5.12.53 PM.png