SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

Anyone see the UND AD press conference today? Didn't think so....

I think he is in hiding!

I have never been a fan of Faison, but a move in regards to the head football coach before the end of the season might start to change my opinion. We need strong leadership at this dark time for the football program. Obviously we are not getting it from the coaching staff so it is time for the next level of leadership to step up to the plate and turn things around. The longer this stink lingers the longer it will take to turn things around!

• Upvote 2

Yah everyone knows that top notch ADs got there by taking advice from chat rooms and emails. Unless your message has a check attached it's not going to be taken as anything but SPAM.

Oh really? I will have you know that a lot of the posters on here are active check writers for UND athletics and other endeavors on campus. I am one of them. If that "just doesn't matter" to Faison, then he is in the wrong line of work.

Faison has had a pretty strong track record so far. His hires have been more than solid. He's not the most personable guy but he only cares about getting the job done. This next decision will basically be his legacy at UND. If he hits it out of the park he will go down in history. If he flops he will go down in the Bunning category.

Faison has had a pretty strong track record so far. His hires have been more than solid. He's not the most personable guy but he only cares about getting the job done. This next decision will basically be his legacy at UND. If he hits it out of the park he will go down in history. If he flops he will go down in the Bunning category.

I hope he hires the right guy or it's push-ups on the sideline..... :lol:

Oh really? I will have you know that a lot of the posters on here are active check writers for UND athletics and other endeavors on campus. I am one of them. If that "just doesn't matter" to Faison, then he is in the wrong line of work.

So you're saying you agree that the way to show support for a program is to create threads that are unending insults, put-downs and jokes about UND's football program, players and coaches and that this is the way to make sure the administration takes notice and figures out that those who are the real geniuses with the best interest of UND are lactually urking in chat rooms spewing idiocracy behind imaginary names?
  • Upvote 2

The loss against sac state should have been expected and expected with the point difference based on this teams track record this year. Since muss wasn't fired prior to this game I wasn't expecting him to be immediately after this game. I'd expect him to be let go immediately after the season.

So you're saying you agree that the way to show support for a program is to create threads that are unending insults, put-downs and jokes about UND's football program, players and coaches and that this is the way to make sure the administration takes notice and figures out that those who are the real geniuses with the best interest of UND are lactually urking in chat rooms spewing idiocracy behind imaginary names?

Don't speak for me; I haven't been throwing insults at anyone. I have, however, been pointing out the plain and simple fact that this is Mussman's ship and that ship is taking on water. There will be no improvement in the FB program with this regime in power. And if you think otherwise, please enlighten us. But don't basically tell us to shut up about it. :angry:

What I've been shocked about is that if there is any coaching that should be in question it's the offensive coaching, especially the oline. The defense has gotten much better as the season has gone on and the offense has basically gone into the fetal position. Going into this season who would have expected that?

So it's his fault that the oline can't block anyone?

Then adjust the play calling...

Continued 7 step drops with zero chance of getting the ball out are on the OC as well as the O-line.

exactly....move the pocket...bootlegs..something other than what we have been seeing...

Successful coaches adjust their game plans, play calling and schemes as the game progresses especially when it is evident certain aspects of aren't working.

Then adjust the play calling...

Continued 7 step drops with zero chance of getting the ball out are on the OC as well as the O-line.

You can't have a successful offense with no oline. Adjust it to what? Run the ball more? Short passes all day? Bootlegs most of the time? No matter what we have no chance at having a successful offense that is multifaceted enough to keep the defense guessing unless we can maintain a line of scrimmage at all.

Don't speak for me; I haven't been throwing insults at anyone. I have, however, been pointing out the plain and simple fact that this is Mussman's ship and that ship is taking on water. There will be no improvement in the FB program with this regime in power. And if you think otherwise, please enlighten us. But don't basically tell us to shut up about it. :angry:

Please enlighten me on the value of this thread for UND and the football program and how it might create any kind of positive change..

You can't have a successful offense with no oline. Adjust it to what? Run the ball more? Short passes all day? Bootlegs most of the time? No matter what we have no chance at having a successful offense that is multifaceted enough to keep the defense guessing unless we can maintain a line of scrimmage at all.

if only we had an offensive lineman as a head coach... :)

• Upvote 2

if only we had an offensive lineman as a head coach... :)

This is what I just can't understand. Offensive line really should be the last area a person would expect would struggle this badly given Muss's background, and the fact that unlike some other positions, you should actually be able to find these guys in the traditional recruiting areas. How did things get to this point?

Please enlighten me on the value of this thread for UND and the football program and how it might create any kind of positive change..

If all fans sat back and never expressed displeasure and didn't vent about the poor play and coaching of their respective teams, very few coaches would ever be fired. Fans speak with their voices and their pocket books. Whenever the heat gets turned up and attendance falls, AD's make changes.

This is exactly what is going on here. Fans are extremely upset and speaking with their pocket books by not showing up and venting on message boards. Faison has to meet his budget every year and he has to be WAY behind this year.

• Upvote 2

So, you're satisfied with this season's results to date and the state of the program. Got it. If the thread encouraged so much as one person to voice their displeasure to AD Faison, then it is a success in my opinion.

• Upvote 3

So, you're satisfied with this season's results to date and the state of the program. Got it. If the thread encouraged so much as one person to voice their displeasure to AD Faison, then it is a success in my opinion.

Faison was at the game Saturday, the attendance will speak volumes more than anything that is being accomplished here.

Except for the fact that there is a "Fire someone" thread started every year here.

I'm not satisfied but I believe that Faison has things under control and definitely isn't motivated by threads like this - I know many here are just waiting for attendance at Nov. 9th to say I told you so - forgetting that every year that weekend is the lowest attendance for the year - I'll let you figure out why. Still haven't read any post that supports how this thread could lead to "positive" change.