SiouxSports.com Forum

Fire Muss

darell1976

why isn't lotysz helping out?

All he did was coach the line anyways....he didn't have any say in play calling I don't think...

Coaching the ol is very important. I heard from a good source that he wanted an actual parking spot like the other coaches so he didn't get parking tickets and obviously his knee is beyond messed up so he should be able to park close to anywhere he goes. Mussman wouldn't give him a spot.... That was pretty much the last straw for me. I still tried to believe in the players but it's just not working obviously.

Clearing the practice field of snow prior to spring ball. The silly thing is that it would have taken a maintenance employee an afternoon to do the same thing with the right equipment(which UND owns).

Plant Services wouldnt do it. Said new turf was too tough to do it on or some crap.

I wonder what kind of buyout clause is in the contract. I'm sure it isn't pretty, but I don't think Faison should have any issues putting money together from the alumni for a buyout.

Faison won't make any moves during the regular season. We'll be stuck with 3-8, and a move at the end of the year.

Edit*

Regardless of who the coach is we're talking 3-8.

lmao all over a parking spot?

does the coaches even deservea spot?

pretty soon you could park whereeverat the alerus it will be so empty

Do you know who Greg is? He was a volunteer coach and one of best offensive linemen UND has had(NFL caliber).

http://laworgs.depaul.edu/journals/sports_law/Documents/Redlingshafer%20med%20mal.pdf

He walks with a cane and with a lot of pain but because of his dedication to UND fought through it and volunteered to come out and help.

Now I am not privy to the parking spot story but if true.......

I wonder what kind of buyout clause is in the contract. I'm sure it isn't pretty, but I don't think Faison should have any issues putting money together from the alumni for a buyout.

Faison won't make any moves during the regular season. We'll be stuck with 3-8, and a move at the end of the year.

Edit*

Regardless of who the coach is we're talking 3-8.

I wonder if he'd announce...maybe with the last two games left, that this will be Mussman's last season and allow him to finish it out? Give potential recruits some hope they aren't stuck with him.

I wonder if he'd announce...maybe with the last two games left, that this will be Mussman's last season and allow him to finish it out? Give potential recruits some hope they aren't stuck with him.

Nope. Just cut ties as quick as possible... There is nothing to be gained from allowing an essentially fired coach to play out the last 2 games.

Either fire him during season, name an interim & go from there or can him after last game of yr. Nothing in between.

USC issued the press release re: firing Kiffin at 4:35am. AD Pat Haden gave him the news when the plane landed in LA last night.

When the program is committed, it can be done.

Can't realastically compare UND to USC. Vastly different situation. At this point I would like to see a really high energy coach. Something that UND hasn't had in football for at least 30 years.

Plant Services wouldnt do it. Said new turf was too tough to do it on or some crap.

I'm sure plant services would have done the practice field by the railroad tracks ...or city would have done valley middle school...anything but burn 3 days of spring practice shoveling snow into tiny garbage cans...boggles the mind...

I'm sure plant services would have done the practice field by the railroad tracks ...or city would have done valley middle school...anything but burn 3 days of spring practice shoveling snow into tiny garbage cans...boggles the mind...

Big Deal... so they had to shovel some snow in order to practice. If the players had an issue with this, no wonder they are so soft on gamedays.

I guess RT should have gotten a bunch of crap for having the team sandbag leading up to the 97 flood.

just because they work a lot of hours they get parking spots????

have u seen memorial on a practice day... plenty of parking spots.

Most employees have some type of employee parking. If you think the coaches are only working during practice or during the day you are clueless. College coaching is an extremely demanding job.

Big Deal... so they had to shovel some snow in order to practice. If the players had an issue with this, no wonder they are so soft on gamedays.

I guess RT should have gotten a bunch of crap for having the team sandbag leading up to the 97 flood.

I think the point he's trying to make is that practice time is precious and it shouldn't be used for anything but practice. The NCAA gives you X number of days for that and you better use them wisely. Especially as an "emerging" FCS program like ours.

And the comparison to sandbagging in 1997 is apples and oranges. That is service to the community and our athletes have been doing that for years. Having the players clean off the field is something that happens in intramural sports, not at a legitimate NCAA Division I institution.

• Upvote 1

I think the point he's trying to make is that practice time is precious and it shouldn't be used for anything but practice. The NCAA gives you X number of days for that and you better use them wisely. Especially as an "emerging" FCS program like ours.

And the comparison to sandbagging in 1997 is apples and oranges. That is service to the community and our athletes have been doing that for years. Having the players clean off the field is something that happens in intramural sports, not at a legitimate NCAA Division I institution.

I might agree if I actually had all the facts but I doubt any coach would give up practice time if they had another option.

In 97 it was community service but it also cost us practice time.

Faison's coaches are a direct reflection of him. If they succeed it shows success for faison. If they fail, well he fails. Right now Missman is failing and well we all know how this makes faison look. So how does faison look now after he just extended mussman's contract and it needs to be bought out?

Like it or not this is being paid for by the hockey team and the midco tv deal. Good thing they planned for this with a cushion!

Why he ever got an extension after winning a conference with zero good football teams baffles me. Guess the loss to the NAIA team was brushed under the rug pretty quickly.

I imagine Mr. Faison's email account and office voicemail are full of messages after yesterday.

Do you know who Greg is? He was a volunteer coach and one of best offensive linemen UND has had(NFL caliber).

http://laworgs.depaul.edu/journals/sports_law/Documents/Redlingshafer%20med%20mal.pdf

He walks with a cane and with a lot of pain but because of his dedication to UND fought through it and volunteered to come out and help.

Now I am not privy to the parking spot story but if true.......

This is the 3rd year I've sat in the front row. His presence on game day is sorely missed. And not because he always brought my kids glasses of powerade.

Mussman was just on with Tim and Swygg and talked about injuries and said they were forced to play young guys in critical positions. Really? Is that why Mackey and some other older players keep getting thrown out there even when they never get it done. Most programs have talented young players that can supplement the older players. The excuses certainly don't inspire confidence going forward. Seems that is all we hear is why we can't get it done.