SiouxSports.com Forum

New Nickname

ShilohSioux

319 members have voted

1. 1. What name should replace "Fighting Sioux" after it's retired?

• Aviators or Pilots
    • Cavalry
    • Nodaks
    • Nokotas
    • Norse, Nordics, Fighting Norsemen
    • Outlaws
    • Plainsmen
    • Rangers
    • Rough Riders
    • Other

stop GROUSING and pick....

the FIGHTING SHARPTAILS!

WE can DANCE to a nickname like that!

who ELSE has a nickname like that?  (non gender specific)

indigneous to the area without insulting any (REAL) human beings!

homage to our hunting heritage.

3...2...1...okay now let the haters sh*t on it....like every other nickname suggestion

stop GROUSING and pick....

the FIGHTING SHARPTAILS!

WE can DANCE to a nickname like that!

who ELSE has a nickname like that? (non gender specific)

indigneous to the area without insulting any (REAL) human beings!

homage to our hunting heritage.

3...2...1...okay now let the haters sh*t on it....like every other nickname suggestion

Well, at least it's not the name of a condom...

So why not Warriors?  What if UND chooses the name "Warriors" to honor the military men and women who fight for this country every day?  I get that it has a native american connotation because of other schools that have used it , but could the NCAA really say we can't use the name in reference to our military?  And would any military, past or present, be offended by a University choosing a name that honors them? 

Responding to Sicatoka's quip...

I know what tongue-in-cheek means. I am just worried someone will think we need to get the new nickname approved by the anti-Sioux nickname crowd first.

We/you may not think RHHIT or the pc crowd must give their approval, but Kelly and his committee probably do.

The Warriors the best name I've heard so far. Sure beats the Cavaliers that was an ugly logo. Still don't know what's wrong with leaving it plain UND At least the so-called bison and fans can't make any derogatory statements from you UND. Well maybe knowing them they would come up with something.

The Warriors the best name I've heard so far. Sure beats the Cavalry that was an ugly logo. Still don't know what's wrong with leaving it plain UND At least the so-called bison and fans can't make any derogatory statements from you UND. Well maybe knowing them they would come up with something.

Hmnnn...rabid...suggesting "fierce" and chimpmunks, a new sort of hybrid offspring of a chimpanzee and a chipmunk. I'd have to see a logo sketch first, but I'm intrigued so far...[/quote

I think they meant Rabid Chimpmonks....

A chimpanzee, in a floor length robe with a hoodie, with a maniacal, foaming at the mouth look to his face. I could go for that.

]