SiouxSports.com Forum

New Nickname

ShilohSioux

319 members have voted

1. 1. What name should replace "Fighting Sioux" after it's retired?

• Aviators or Pilots
    • Cavalry
    • Nodaks
    • Nokotas
    • Norse, Nordics, Fighting Norsemen
    • Outlaws
    • Plainsmen
    • Rangers
    • Rough Riders
    • Other

Maybe we should be the UND "Alerus", that way those two gi-normous "Alerus Center" logos could serve as our school's mid-field logo. Seriously though, those two logos should have been scaled down considerably, and at least an interlocking ND should be at midfield. That would go a long way in making the Alerus feel more like home.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure Red River could accept the Rats as long as you Central guys go back to the Foreskins....It must hurt to lose two really cool team nicknames in a lifetime...

Bob

3 actually. I lost my elementary and jr. high nicknames (Warriors), Central Redskins, and North Dakota Fighting Sioux. I still have the Cleveland Indians holding on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

University of North Dakota Nokota is a little bit too much of a mouth full but I love the idea. What about the North Dakota Nokes? I love the idea of Ben Brien designing a horse logo with a similar style to the Sioux logo. I was at an art show and saw a buffalo he did in that style and it was really cool.

My top pick for a nickname (which inspired my username) is the North Dakota Green Wings. A green-winged teal is a duck but it could also be used with an aviation connotation. I think it be great if the hockey team used a modified version of the Red Wings logo! Another duck nickname would be the "Drakes". A drake is a male duck. While it's not exactly a fierce animal, I think it is a fierce name. My last suggestion that I haven't seen on here is the "Fighting Toms". A Tom is a male turkey and I think it would be unique and tie in to ND well.

I swear I'm not a sexist, bird-lover.

Here's a link to a green Red Wings jersey that could get your imaginations going:

http://www.paylessauthenticjerseywholesale.com/pic/Detroit-Red-Wings--235-Nicklas-Lidstrom-Green-St-Patty-27s-Day-Embroidered-nhl-Hockey-jerseys-1874-92561.jpg

University of North Dakota Nokota is a little bit too much of a mouth full but I love the idea. What about the North Dakota Nokes? I love the idea of Ben Brien designing a horse logo with a similar style to the Sioux logo. I was at an art show and saw a buffalo he did in that style and it was really cool.

My top pick for a nickname (which inspired my username) is the North Dakota Green Wings. A green-winged teal is a duck but it could also be used with an aviation connotation. I think it be great if the hockey team used a modified version of the Red Wings logo! Another duck nickname would be the "Drakes". A drake is a male duck. While it's not exactly a fierce animal, I think it is a fierce name. My last suggestion that I haven't seen on here is the "Fighting Toms". A Tom is a male turkey and I think it would be unique and tie in to ND well.

I swear I'm not a sexist, bird-lover.

Here's a link to a green Red Wings jersey that could get your imaginations going:

http://www.paylessau...-1874-92561.jpg

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...