SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

People figured out that you had to buy tickets separately for those games. No more season tickets. We tried to explain that to NDSU fans who ripped UND for those low numbers but hadn't had a home playoff game in 20 years themselves - but they didn't get it. Until the RMU game.

I'm just saying. I managed to make it. And just thinking about the atmosphere vs Davis got my heart going..... we need to build up to that again. The team needs to get the momentum going again to get those fair weather fans interested.

I'm just saying. I managed to make it. And just thinking about the atmosphere vs Davis got my heart going..... we need to build up to that again. The team needs to get the momentum going again to get those fair weather fans interested.

UND shut down one Mr. J.T. O'Sullivan that day. There was some serious defense being played in GF in those days.

once again it is the Summit League your bragging about.....Summit League!

Mind telling everyone here what your record was against the Summit League last season? The almighty Big Sky isn't exactly the cream of the crop as far as basketball goes.

I'm talking about fan support.. Face it only hockey matters at UND. And for some football matters at NDSU, but it's funny how it's UND fans that constantly rip on NDSU fans about the BSA when they know basketball is #2 at NDSU. I rarely see a student section so empty when I see DI football on tv, so maybe pump some money into that program and you can fill that "We have one too" Center. I also almost crapped myself when I went to the UND-Montana game two weeks at the Alerus. I was like "Am I at North Dakota high school football championship game?"

Two way street darell.

I think I saw you there. Were you the guy in the Bison logoed polo with dirty knees and griz jizz running down your chin?

I think I saw you there. Were you the guy in the Bison logoed polo with dirty knees and griz jizz running down your chin?

Thats cute. I was wearing a "North Dakota: We're Almost a Perfect Parallelogram" shirt. I may have seen you there too. Were you one of the idiots wearing a hockey sweater to a football game?

Not gonna try sugar coat this, I HATE that UND is all about hockey. If anything, I would love for football to be equally funded with the hockey program, but that'll never happen. NDSU having success at the FCS level this season already has had more national exposure than UND would have with a national championship in hockey. I guess I just see it the same way the nation does: football is #1 and basketball is #2. Nevertheless, I'll always be loyal to my alma mater. After all, I did not decide to be a part of UND just to be a sports fan, but rather to get a quality education.

Thats cute. I was wearing a "North Dakota: We're Almost a Perfect Parallelogram" shirt. I may have seen you there too. Were you one of the idiots wearing a hockey sweater to a football game?

You really seem concerned about fashion and what kind of clothing that other people are wearing. Is home ec your major or is it your minor?

Wearing a hockey jersey to a football game is pretty weak. Sure it's the same school and all but still...

I don't get that argument. Should a person also not wear a Sioux baseball cap to a football game? Helmet instead or what? Would a Sioux basketball jersey be as offensive at a football game as a hockey sweater would? How about wearing white after labor day? Sheesh. What's the big deal? I don't care what people wear. Duck Dynasty, John Deere, Calvin Klein.........................just cheer for UND.................

• Upvote 2

I don't get that argument. Should a person also not wear a Sioux baseball cap to a football game? Helmet instead or what? Would a Sioux basketball jersey be as offensive at a football game as a hockey sweater would? How about wearing white after labor day? Sheesh. What's the big deal? I don't care what people wear. Duck Dynasty, John Deere, Calvin Klein.........................just cheer for UND.................

I agree, I don't understand the fascination with other people's wardrobes. As long as people are actually wearing clothes, they're fine. My only exceptions would be things that would be considered obscene if worn among the general public or with kids around.

In the student section but a nodak nation shirt. It used to be all sioux crew shirts.

Don't they mostly still say Sioux, North Dakota, or Nodak?

I'm just saying who cares what "type" of jersey gets worn by UND supporters to a Sioux football game, or even, god forbid, in downtown Fargo when ESPN is there for a once in a lifetime event that promotes football?

I'm quite confident in saying that the highest selling sports jersey in the country that has the words "North Dakota" on it is a North Dakota Hockey Jersey. Students especially need (or should be) careful what they spend their money on, and I'd bet that most of them pick a hockey jersey to drop $150 on over a football jersey. Hell, I'm 35 years old and make a fairly comfortable living. Hockey is my third favorite UND sport and the only North Dakota jerseys I own are two hockey sweaters.

You really seem concerned about fashion and what kind of clothing that other people are wearing. Is home ec your major or is it your minor?

Finance....I let my sisters and my mom buy my clothes.

Don't they mostly still say Sioux, North Dakota, or Nodak?

I'm just saying who cares what "type" of jersey gets worn by UND supporters to a Sioux football game, or even, god forbid, in downtown Fargo when ESPN is there for a once in a lifetime event that promotes football?

I'm quite confident in saying that the highest selling sports jersey in the country that has the words "North Dakota" on it is a North Dakota Hockey Jersey. Students especially need (or should be) careful what they spend their money on, and I'd bet that most of them pick a hockey jersey to drop $150 on over a football jersey. Hell, I'm 35 years old and make a fairly comfortable living. Hockey is my third favorite UND sport and the only North Dakota jerseys I own are two hockey sweaters.

I'd hope the UND hockey sweater is the most common, NDSU jerseys dont say North Dakota on them...away ones say NDSU and home ones....IDK if they say anything.

Had on a Under Armour Sioux polo....must not have been you I saw then....just didn't think there were a lot of Bison fans in attendance. The guy I saw had on a green polo with Bison logo and was in the endzone walkway getting bukkakeed by a handful of Griz fans.

Had on a Under Armour Sioux polo....must not have been you I saw then....just didn't think there were a lot of Bison fans in attendance. The guy I saw had on a green polo with Bison logo...

Probably CAS.....has 3X as many rings as any UND player/coach has...

So fashion is just a hobby for you. What is your favorite fashion reality TV show?

Duck Dynasty

Mine too. See we can get along in harmony............

Thats a fact Jack!

Sidenote: It seems rather odd that while we are mostly all from the same area, we allow something like choice in post-high school education to have such a profound effect on our perceptions of each other. Meh, keeps things interesting.

Edited by JohnboyND7

Thats a fact Jack!

Sidenote: It seems rather odd that while we are mostly all from the same area, we allow something like choice in post-high school education to have such a profound effect on our perceptions of each other. Meh, keeps things interesting.

It's just that we feel so bad for you in your lack of a legitimate education at the ag school :)

To those who claim to be FB fans and specifically UND FB fans but state they don't miss the game between the 2 schools and don't want the rivalry renewed...I am almost at a loss for words. Wow...

As a bigger UND hockey fan than FB, with season tickets to both, the one single ND sporting event every year I could not wait for was the UND/NDSU FB game...even more so than the Gophers coming to the Ralph.

No other sports event in the state IMO captured the interest of even the casual sports fan much less that of the die hards from both schools like that FB game. People can try to downplay the significance but it was a huge deal and still would be if they renewed the rivalry.

• Upvote 1

As for the "team full of criminals" I was disappointed with the petition crap. It was stupid, but only a misdemeanor. I got in more trouble than that when I was a senior in high school but my scholarship to a much bigger university than anything in the Dakota's wasn't pulled. That doesn't excuse the behavior by any means, and players were suspended depending on their role/involvement. Now, if you are going to try and talk about Travis Beck.... he did absolutely nothing other than defend himself and would have beaten the fleeing/resisting charge but would have had to go to trial and disrupt the season a bit so he pled guilty and moved on. Beck missed almost all of the summer workout as he was suspended for most of it and spent the time at home helping his dad farm. The rest of the team worked out every week except for the 4th of July week. So even though he didn't miss any game time he did miss a ton of valuable strength/training time....which is about the amount of punishment he deserved for what he did/admitted guilt of (resisting).