SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

I didn't mean it that way as disrespect to UND, sorry. UND was a better basketball team last season than NDSU. It was more of a comment about NDSU having a better overall season, which I disagree with. Carry on...

Yes...play the football game, I'm ready for it.

It's hard to compare the teams due to the level of competition which NDSU had better competition as the SL was (IMO) better than the GWC.

And yes, NDSU so far in DI is out-recruiting UND in every common sport with the exception of maybe VB, possibly womens BB. That could change in the future, but I expect that it wont change in the near future in FB and Men's BB, the two sports that count the most.

And yes, NDSU so far in DI is out-recruiting UND in every common sport with the exception of maybe VB, possibly womens BB. That could change in the future, but I expect that it wont change in the near future in FB and Men's BB, the two sports that count the most.

You mean to tell me your school has out recruited a school that has spent the last five years in transition, not post season elgible, without a conference, in a constant battle with the NCAA over a nickname. Do you want a pat on the back for that?

You also might want to take a look at the schedules of these common sports the last couple seasons cause UND has beat FU in every sport that FU has the balls to play in. All that "out recruiting" sure hasn't translated in head to head wins in these common sports. But don't let facts get in the way. #buttfootball #screamyellow

• Upvote 3

You mean to tell me your school has out recruited a school that has spent the last five years in transition, not post season elgible, without a conference, in a constant battle with the NCAA over a nickname. Do you want a pat on the back for that?

You also might want to take a look at the schedules of these common sports the last couple seasons cause UND has beat FU in every sport that FU has the balls to play in. All that "out recruiting" sure hasn't translated in head to head wins in these common sports. But don't let facts get in the way. #buttfootball #screamyellow

Hey you're marshing their mellow - let them live in their fantasy world it's all they got - except Tier II football. Once a Flagship, always a Flagship.

I've been watching these two programs battle since 1980. In that time, even in the 90's when the nickel pretty much took up residence on the UND campus, I've never-ever seen or heard a media opinion piece or even an unnamed quote from "a source close to the program" in the Fargo media which took the position that in any year UND out recruited the AC in football.

The only sport where a UND recruiting advantage was publicly stated, that I've seen, was the Rich Glas glory days of men's basketball.

What was the point of this post? Felt like making yourself feel better on a Friday?

• Upvote 1

Where is your proof? Football aside what has NDSU done in other sports to outrecruit UND? Besides the one year at the dance (thanks to Woodside) the Bison hasn't done jack !@#$ in men's bb besides go 1-1 against a transitioning UND team. Women's volleyball got swept by UND this year and lost to UND last year, Bison women's basketball is in the toilet so that leaves baseball and UND fans don't really care that greatly about that sport. Buttfootball.

I've been watching these two programs battle since 1980. In that time, even in the 90's when the nickel pretty much took up residence on the UND campus, I've never-ever seen or heard a media opinion piece or even an unnamed quote from "a source close to the program" in the Fargo media which took the position that in any year UND out recruited the AC in football.

The only sport where a UND recruiting advantage was publicly stated, that I've seen, was the Rich Glas glory days of men's basketball.

So either NDSU had better players and worse coaches or just plain worse players in the 90's. I wonder which one is true?

Well that was certainly the case with Babich....

Why split hairs? Hager was 4-5 (including playoffs) in the 90s vs UND and Babich was 2-4. Had Hager not benefited from Earle's all american recruits (Satter, Simdorn, Hansen) from 87-90, I'm not sure he'd even be as good a Babich.

How's that for stoking the rivalry fire?

• Upvote 2

Another Pro-NDSU response from Mr. Neutral that is wrong. How did NDSU "certainly" have a better season than UND last year, please explain?

better record against better competition? seems to be very obvious, not sure how you can even contest that one.

better record against better competition? seems to be very obvious, not sure how you can even contest that one.

59-54...and NDSU lost in the first round of the Summit League tournament. They were really good.

Just once could you compliment a UND team, any team. Just once when they win I want you to say how good they looked and not focus on how bad the other team is. Since you are a "neutral" fan of both teams and everything.

• 4 weeks later...

I changed my mind. Let's not play the ag school. Two reasons.

1. Academically, they are a lesser school. Beneath our dignity.

2. They have a rogue football program with a criminal element. Their athletic program is beneath our dignity.

If we have to meet them in the FCS playoffs, that's fine. Otherwise, let's not schedule them. It's going to take them 100 years to catch up to us in head to head that way. Which, will never, ever happen. Especially, once this gets built:

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13500&ATCLID=205670444

• Upvote 1

I changed my mind. Let's not play the ag school. Two reasons.

1. Academically, they are a lesser school. Beneath our dignity.

2. They have a rogue football program with a criminal element. Their athletic program is beneath our dignity.

If we have to meet them in the FCS playoffs, that's fine. Otherwise, let's not schedule them. It's going to take them 100 years to catch up to us in head to head that way. Which, will never, ever happen. Especially, once this gets built:

http://www.undsports...TCLID=205670444

Your jealousy is amusing....

Your jealousy is amusing....

You reap what you sow. You want to come on here and trash talk and stir crap up? Then you get the horns attached to the bull. Like I have told you before, all this crap you and your fellow Bison trolls are dishing out will be used against you when the tables are turned in the future. So please, by all means, keep it coming.

• Upvote 3

You reap what you sow. You want to come on here and trash talk and stir crap up? Then you get the horns attached to the bull. Like I have told you before, all this crap you and your fellow Bison trolls are dishing out will be used against you when the tables are turned in the future. So please, by all means, keep it coming.

I don't come and start anything - just reply to half truths and out right lies. Trash talk is your game.

Yeah, and Whiskey Joe Chapman had no idea that unilaterally increasing the cost of the President's house would cause an uproar. :silly:

Maybe he just wanted to give a big F U to the state before riding off into the sunset ;) His work in Fargo was done. Helped lead us to where we are today.

Buttfootball.

ButtSuccess.

Just a warning, but this debate is going to flare up again in a big way either in the next couple days or just after the championship game. It's not a big surprise to those who have been paying attention, but it's looking certain that Western Carolina is going to back out of next year's game at NDSU. That leaves NDSU to find at least one game to fill three possible dates: Sep 14, Sep 21, and Nov 2. Since UND has an opening on Sep 21, some fans are going to start talking, and the media is going to trot the possible matchup as a way to boost ratings/readership. It's not going to matter that UND already has 11 games scheduled or that an NDSU game would fall right in between Montana and Montana State on your schedule. People are still going to talk about it and inflict more damage on that poor horse's corpse. Joy.

Just a warning, but this debate is going to flare up again in a big way either in the next couple days or just after the championship game. It's not a big surprise to those who have been paying attention, but it's looking certain that Western Carolina is going to back out of next year's game at NDSU. That leaves NDSU to find at least one game to fill three possible dates: Sep 14, Sep 21, and Nov 2. Since UND has an opening on Sep 21, some fans are going to start talking, and the media is going to trot the possible matchup as a way to boost ratings/readership. It's not going to matter that UND already has 11 games scheduled or that an NDSU game would fall right in between Montana and Montana State on your schedule. People are still going to talk about it and inflict more damage on that poor horse's corpse. Joy.

I'm in. But that's tough on your side for sure, which sucks.

Everything I've seen and heard from UND's athletic department has been that they are set on 11 game next year. Looking at the schedule, putting NDSU on the September bye date, especially with what looks to be a freshman QB between UM and MSU (edit: SDSU game is before UM game), would be a terrible idea. There was rumbling a few months back that Montana would buy out their trip to Grand Forks ($75-100K I think, but am not sure). I haven't heard anything on that recently and I would assume Montana would extend some courtesy to UND as a conference mate and give a decent heads up if they were to do that. So unless UM buys the game out and GT will actually accept the one time home-and-home that has has claimed he wanted all along, this game will not happen. I don't see Faison signing a one game deal.

Everything I've seen and heard from UND's athletic department has been that they are set on 11 game next year. Looking at the schedule, putting NDSU on the September bye date, especially with what looks to be a freshman QB between UM and SDSU, would be a terrible idea. There was rumbling a few months back that Montana would buy out their trip to Grand Forks ($75-100K I think, but am not sure). I haven't heard anything on that recently and I would assume Montana would extend some courtesy to UND as a conference mate and give a decent heads up if they were to do that. So unless UM buys the game out and GT will actually accept the one time home-and-home that has has claimed he wanted all along, this game will not happen. I don't see Faison signing a one game deal.

What about a one game deal and giving UND a nice compensation package for showing up eh?