SiouxSports.com Forum

All WCHA

yzerman19

Here are my picks-

First Team: Frattin, Jack Connolly, Zucker, Schultz, Chay, Dell

Second Team: Gregoire, Mike Connolly, Shore, Faulk, Olimb, Patterson

Third Team: Fontaine, Knight, LeBlanc, Gardiner, Ben Blood (+22 leading the conference champion), Gudmanson

All Rookie: Zucker, JT Brown, Jayden Schwartz, Faulk, Jensen (SCSU)

Player of Year: Frattin

Rookie of Year: Zucker

Goaltender: Dell

Here are my picks-

First Team: Frattin, Jack Connolly, Zucker, Schultz, Chay, Dell

Second Team: Gregoire, Mike Connolly, Shore, Faulk, Olimb, Patterson

Third Team: Fontaine, Knight, LeBlanc, Gardiner, Ben Blood (+22 leading the conference champion), Gudmanson

All Rookie: Zucker, JT Brown, Jayden Schwartz, Faulk, Jensen (SCSU)

Player of Year: Frattin

Rookie of Year: Zucker

Goaltender: Dell

Gregoire is a 1st teamer IMO, but who do you bump for him? Possibly J. Connelly? If Chay is a 1st teamer it's mostly on reputation vs. this year's play. I'd have him and Blood on 2nd team. And Gardiner has been very, very good this year IMO. Knight is a stretch. Think Roe is another one that gets a 3rd team nod solely based on reputation and past year's performances. Don't think for a second that voters vote solely on what a player did just this season. That's a huge part, but some will go on a player's "body of work".

Frattin is the clear POTY and anyone less would be a travisty!

Gregoire is a 1st teamer IMO, but who do you bump for him? Possibly J. Connelly? If Chay is a 1st teamer it's mostly on reputation vs. this year's play. I'd have him and Blood on 2nd team. And Gardiner has been very, very good this year IMO. Knight is a stretch. Think Roe is another one that gets a 3rd team nod solely based on reputation and past year's performances. Don't think for a second that voters vote solely on what a player did just this season. That's a huge part, but some will go on a player's "body of work".

Frattin is the clear POTY and anyone less would be a travisty!

Chay had very good points per game numbers...I think that plus his reputation and the fact that he was captain of the conference champion lands him on the first team. Knight was top 9 in conference scoring on the conference champs...

I could see Roe making it.

Well, Cepis has to be the obvious choice.

Oh wait, I thought you meant All

World

Cheapshot

Hack

Artists

Never mind.

I had to laugh last night when a BSU player came over and tried to hit him after Cepis slashed Bakala. As soon as the BSU player put his arms up Cepis went down like he got shot from behind, and jumped right up when the gophers got the power play.

I wondered who the next Robbie Earl would be. Guess we found him! :lol:

I had to laugh last night when a BSU player came over and tried to hit him after Cepis slashed Bakala. As soon as the BSU player put his arms up Cepis went down like he got shot from behind, and jumped right up when the gophers got the power play.

I wondered who the next Robbie Earl would be. Guess we found him! :lol:

My favorite was the Gopher announcers talking about how he is such a great penalty drawer...which is funny because I thought embellishment was a penalty in itself!

I think Dell might be punished for being on a great defensive team and a great offensive team. I know Cardinal has said that on a few occasions, regarding the strength of the Sioux defensive core. Not saying that isn't the case, but he did make the saves that were required of him, and really took over for an incumbent goaltender. Wouldn't surprise me if Patterson was first team goaltender though, because he truly was the MVP for the gophers, having to make a lot more big-time saves to keep the gophers in games. I hope I am wrong, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me, and I really wouldn't feel it was unwarranted if it went the other way.

I think Dell might be punished for being on a great defensive team and a great offensive team. I know Cardinal has said that on a few occasions, regarding the strength of the Sioux defensive core. Not saying that isn't the case, but he did make the saves that were required of him, and really took over for an incumbent goaltender. Wouldn't surprise me if Patterson was first team goaltender though, because he truly was the MVP for the gophers, having to make a lot more big-time saves to keep the gophers in games. I hope I am wrong, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me, and I really wouldn't feel it was unwarranted if it went the other way.

Dell gets very little respect around the league... and by that I mean by fans of other teams. I know we have a good d-core ... but someone's got to help prevent the goalie from being hung out to dry....

That said, if Dell is not on at least one of the all-conference teams that is just a shame.

Dell gets very little respect around the league... and by that I mean by fans of other teams. I know we have a good d-core ... but someone's got to help prevent the goalie from being hung out to dry....

That said, if Dell is not on at least one of the all-conference teams that is just a shame.

I have seen some moronic arguments that suggest Dell isn't a good goalie...

My team first would be

F-Gregoire UND

F-Frattin UND

F-Mike Connolly UMD

D-Genoway UND

D-Justin Schultz Wisconsin

Goalie Dell

POY - Matt Frattin

I have seen some moronic arguments that suggest Dell isn't a good goalie...

My team first would be

F-Gregoire UND

F-Frattin UND

F-Mike Connolly UMD

D-Genoway UND

D-Justin Schultz Wisconsin

Goalie Dell

POY - Matt Frattin

I like when those arguments come from fans of teams he has shut out. :silly:

I think Patterson will be First team Goalie. Wins and GAA are not tops but the fact that he carried the team all year long will get him some votes. It is tough going <2.00 GAA with 21 guys on your shoulders. Without a doubt he is the only reason their season went as well as it did. That includes this recent "hot" streak.

There's no way Dell should be first team with the 7th best SV% in the league Im sorry. He's at .912 while Patterson is at .926.

This is a Sioux board.

If we think Dell should be first team goalie... we will.

You won't be getting a Patterson love fest from me.

There's no way Dell should be first team with the 7th best SV% in the league Im sorry. He's at .912 while Patterson is at .926.

Leads the league in GAA, Win %, and has played the 2nd most minutes of any goalie in the league. Although minutes played isn't the best measuring stick, it has some relevance. If Dell doesn't have the year he had, UND doesn't win the WCHA regular season. To say there is "no way Dell should be first team" is a bit premature. The argument is debatable (obviously); not as clearcut as you make it seem.