SiouxSports.com Forum

All WCHA

yzerman19

Dell has had a very good season, I've never said he's crappy. And you're right there isnt any difference between .919 and .921. But doesn't the league only take into acount league games when deciding this? .926 and .912 is a pretty decent gap. SV% is by FAR the best way to rate a goalies performance and in league games Patterson has been better. It's not a knock on Dell, like I said he's been good no question.

When you are talking about teams on average scoring 3 to 3.5 goals a game, a goals against average of 1/2 a goal a game is quite a gap as well. so Dell has .14 less saves per 10 shots, but gives up .5 goals a game less.

Schlossman and Hajdu make good points via Twitter: whether or not you agree with a certain voter's ballot (in this case Ciskie), you have to give them props for posting it for all to read (and rip). Having said that, Ciskie seems to have his UMD googles on when making his selections. To each their own, gotta love democracy.

Yes, congrats to Brucie for owning up to his homer picks :glare: ...and we are all happy for his mancrush on Zucker... :love:

There still is a good chance that the Gophers will make the NCAA tourney.

They pretty much NEED to sweep UAA this weekend though to do it. If they lose one game (even if they advance to the F5), their chances take a serious hit.

I was thinking the other day how it's funny. You ever go out in the winter to an old township hall or other building that's been shuttered up for the winter? You go inside, it's cold, there are flies and bugs laying all over.

You fire up the furnace to get some heat going. Suddenly you've got about a thousand flies that you thought were dead, but were just dormant, buzzing around and annoying the crap out of you.

Ever since the MN hockey team came to life about 4 weeks ago all the college hockey message boards, including this one, have become the same way.

Crazy talk:

Connolly vs. Frattin

Question 1: Who would you rather have on your team?"

Answer: FRATTIN.

Question 2: Who is more likely to make the Hobey Hat Trick, MC or MF?

Easy answer: FRATTIN

Ciskie's ballot is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in his rambling, incoherent ballot does he even come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

We don't need objectivity, this is a Fighting Sioux hockey board... I am not sure what you want? If you want to talk about the Goofs go to Gopher Puck Live.

Looks like C-Piss is just as delusional as you are. C-Piss still thinks the Golden Rodents are going to the NCAA tourney.

Reminds me of Sean Avery, sometimes even his teammates have to hate having him on the team.

And for a senior who most likely won't have a long hockey career after college what a great opportunity to suit up and look like someone an employer would like to hire. Can''t even tie his shoes.

What a lack of respect for the opportunity presented and the team he is representing. I would be pi**ed if I were tDon. That is not the way I want my team represented.

Reminds me of Sean Avery, sometimes even his teammates have to hate having him on the team.

And for a senior who most likely won't have a long hockey career after college what a great opportunity to suit up and look like someone an employer would like to hire. Can''t even tie his shoes.

What a lack of respect for the opportunity presented and the team he is representing. I would be pi**ed if I were tDon. That is not the way I want my team represented.

I agree he shows up looking like he slapped a hat on and went to class...

Basically, the guy on KFAN who is very knowledgable about all sports except college hockey. :)

He does admit he is a homer and not knowledgeable. and that he gets some of his stuff from Mouse Mickleson. He is honest about what he is.

I also like how he is getting other teams fans on the line with Cardinal each week. Meanie girl and DHG. It's fun.

Crazy talk:

Connolly vs. Frattin

Question 1: Who would you rather have on your team?"

Answer: FRATTIN.

Question 2: Who is more likely to make the Hobey Hat Trick, MC or MF?

Easy answer: FRATTIN

Question 3: Who would you rather have with the puck, coming across the blue line, to win the game in overtime?

Schlossman and Hajdu make good points via Twitter: whether or not you agree with a certain voter's ballot (in this case Ciskie), you have to give them props for posting it for all to read (and rip). Having said that, Ciskie seems to have his UMD googles Doggles on when making his selections. To each their own, gotta love democracy.

FIxed your post :silly:

Doggles

He does admit he is a homer and not knowledgeable. and that he gets some of his stuff from Mouse Mickleson. He is honest about what he is.

I also like how he is getting other teams fans on the line with Cardinal each week. Meanie girl and DHG. It's fun.

Don't get me wrong, I like PA, I'm just saying he doesn't know much about college hockey and he never has. Back in the 'PA and Dubay' days Puffy was the one who lived for Gopher hockey and knew what he was talking about, Paul just played along. Since Puffy's demise and departure from KFAN I don't think he's been around it enough to have a serious opinion of his own.

Speaking of which, has anybody heard anything about Dubay lately? It's been months since I've seen anything, is he in rehab or jail or what?

Ciskie's ballot is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in his rambling, incoherent ballot does he even come close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A simple wrong would have been fine! :lol:

• Upvote 1

Don't get me wrong, I like PA, I'm just saying he doesn't know much about college hockey and he never has. Back in the 'PA and Dubay' days Puffy was the one who lived for Gopher hockey and knew what he was talking about, Paul just played along. Since Puffy's demise and departure from KFAN I don't think he's been around it enough to have a serious opinion of his own.

Speaking of which, has anybody heard anything about Dubay lately? It's been months since I've seen anything, is he in rehab or jail or what?

I totally agree with your take on PA and Dubay days. The last i heard was late last summer he had gone back to jail for 6 probation violations. (4 failed tests and 2 skipped). I think that was only for 90 days.

That really is a sad deal. I liked listening to him and i just wonder how he would be handling seasons like these last two for the gophers. It would have been good radio.

Basically, the guy on KFAN who is very knowledgable about all sports except college hockey. :)

I like PA but he has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to college hockey. He makes some pretty bold statements in regards to the gophers. Like saying Patterson is on fire and probably the best goalie in the WCHA.

Here's Mine:

1st Team: Mike Connolly, Matt Frattin, Jason Zucker, Gardiner, Blood, Dell

2nd Team: Jack Connolly, Drew Shore, Jaden Schwartz, Schultz, Donovan, Kent Patterson

3rd Team: Justin Fontaine, Jason Gregoire, Drew LeBlanc, Justin Faulk, Olimb?, Faulkner

All Rookie: Same as Ciskie's. Rookie team was easy.

Player of the Year: Frattin

I totally agree with your take on PA and Dubay days. The last i heard was late last summer he had gone back to jail for 6 probation violations. (4 failed tests and 2 skipped). I think that was only for 90 days.

That really is a sad deal. I like listening to him and i just wonder how he would be handling season like these last two for the gophers. It would have been good radio.

Beyond sad, storybook life flushed down the drain by drug addiction.

They should make a movie about this and show it to teenagers.

I like PA but he has no idea what he's talking about when it comes to college hockey. He makes some pretty bold statements in regards to the gophers. Like saying Patterson is on fire and probably the best goalie in the WCHA.

See post above about taking notes from Mouse and those maroon colored eyes. Frattin is still the dirtiest player in hockey from his point of view..

Chuck Schwartz at the No Alibis blog rings in with his picks. Again, thanks for posting them Chuck. I don't necessarily agree with all of them, but he has some interesting picks, including Gwoz over Blais for coach of the year and Schultz over Gardiner for defensive player of the year. The Schultz pick is especially interesting given that Chuck saw both play all year long.

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

WCHA Player of the Year: Matt Frattin-North Dakota

Besides Frattin's numbers speaking for themselves, no player has made more of an impact this season. When you watch a North Dakota game they have many players that stand out but Frattin is the one when your grabbing a post game beer that you think, man...that kid is really good. He was the best player on the best team in the league and won the scoring title. Probably the easiest Player of the Year choice in recent seasons.

I agree with Chuck on the bolded above.

Chuck Schwartz at the No Alibis blog rings in with his picks. Again, thanks for posting them Chuck. I don't necessarily agree with all of them, but he has some interesting picks, including Gwoz over Blais for coach of the year and Schultz over Gardiner for defensive player of the year. The Schultz pick is especially interesting given that Chuck saw both play all year long.

http://noalibisnoregrets.blogspot.com/

I tried to ignore Ciskie's picks cause they were boderline ridiculous. Leaving Frattin off the 1st team invalidates anything thing else he ever says.

He should not be allowed to vote on this as he is a complete homer. Only two Sioux make his all conference teams ? Wow. How did Hakstol not get his vote for coach of the year then ? Somehow he won the league without anywhere near the talent level of UMD (4 picks + 2 rookie), Denver (4 picks + 3 rookie), and Wisconsin (3 picks). When you factor in that they did this without a goalie that was worthy of being in his top 3 it is truly amazing they were able to win the league (after all, Dell gave up almost 2 goals a game and only was .35 goals better than the next goalie). If you try to downgrade Dell and claim the defense is so good, then where are the defensive picks ? Genoway doesn't count as I would argue he not a defensive defenseman.

Chuck makes a bit more sense but both of them picked Wisconsin's Craig Smith as 3rd team and both left off Jason Gregoire. Huh ?

Please elaborate on this, I would really love to hear the rationale.

In conference games only, Smith had 11 goals and 13 assists for 24 points.

Gregoire had 18 goals and 13 assists for 31 points. Oh, he also played in 4 fewer games due to injury. He averaged 1.29 pts/game (7th in the league, tied for 4th in pts/game). Smith averaged 0.86. Not just a little difference, Jason averaged 50% more points/game.

Also, Smith might have been the dumbest player I saw all season...for some reason he decided to check the Sioux net in the Friday night game...and then did it again on Saturday night and got a penalty.

IMO, Frattin is 1st team and player of the year.

Gregoire should at least be on the 3rd team and Dell has to be one of the three goalies.

Blood should also be second or third team.