SiouxSports.com Forum

2011 Football Season

siouxftball10

.500 or better and Mussman keeps his job? What would have to happen to get him fired?

I would say, that if at some point we are 5-4 in the regular season with two games to go, I would go to the ledge and possibly jump but also insist our season is a waste. Read below.......... Then I would support "my" team as they back into the playoffs. All of a sudden "my" coach would become the second coming of J.C. himself. If they then proceed to win two playoff games all is forgotten. "My" team and my fanbase would return to the old days of "we rule college football mentality" and then trash all other teams. Oh......almost forgot.......I would also manage to turn most discussions into trashing a former rival and still never get over the fact the our rivals hockey team is a little bit better than average.

From Bisonville

WYOBISONMAN

Re: Missouri State post game analysis.....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A season of HORSESHIT offense. Vigen has to go......I would not cry if Bohls ass was sent packing either. No playoffs for this team.....it is probably for the best. We would just get the !@#$ pounded out of us anyway.

Shouldn't get too excited by highlight tapes, I guess, but I really liked what I saw of Carrasco on film. He seemed to have fair speed, run very good routes and showed excellent hands. However, I think the roster last year listed him at about a buck fifty, so he may need a little work at the dinner table and the weight room.

I'll be the first to admit, I was also excited about Carrasco based on what his highlight film showed. However, we need to curb our enthusiasm on this kid as I heard so far he looks nothing like the kid on his highlight film and has struggled pretty bad to this point. I'm not sure if we can expect much from this kid at all moving forward. Just goes to show that highlight films should not be the only basis of evaluation and also shows why coaches want to watch game film.

Now, Tyrhe Ivery on the other hand......... :D

I'll be the first to admit, I was also excited about Carrasco based on what his highlight film showed. However, we need to curb our enthusiasm on this kid as I heard so far he looks nothing like the kid on his highlight film and has struggled pretty bad to this point. I'm not sure if we can expect much from this kid at all moving forward. Just goes to show that highlight films should not be the only basis of evaluation and also shows why coaches want to watch game film.

Now, Tyrhe Ivery on the other hand......... :D

Disappointed to hear that assessment of Carrasco so far but great to get some progress updates just the same. Nice to hear that Ivery (I presume) is looking promising. I've heard coaches more than onece say that the opening week of fall camp is like Christmas; a first chance to see if you got what you were wishing for. More than a little truth there I suppose.

While we're talking recruits, has anyone heard anything about preferred walk-ons for next year? I presume UND had some interest in at least a couple players who opted to walk on at the AC. I'm surprised there's been nothing announced on UND's invitees.

It's interesting you think the team will win at Idaho, but not at SUU or Davis. How do you compare Idaho to those teams?

First game of the year, and Idaho's star QB is gone. This will be a wake up call for UND who will look for some payback, and a little respect.

I would say, that if at some point we are 5-4 in the regular season with two games to go, I would go to the ledge and possibly jump but also insist our season is a waste. Read below.......... Then I would support "my" team as they back into the playoffs. All of a sudden "my" coach would become the second coming of J.C. himself. If they then proceed to win two playoff games all is forgotten. "My" team and my fanbase would return to the old days of "we rule college football mentality" and then trash all other teams. Oh......almost forgot.......I would also manage to turn most discussions into trashing a former rival and still never get over the fact the our rivals hockey team is a little bit better than average.

From Bisonville

WYOBISONMAN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A season of HORSESHIT offense. Vigen has to go......I would not cry if Bohls ass was sent packing either. No playoffs for this team.....it is probably for the best. We would just get the !@#$ pounded out of us anyway.

:lol:

:lol:

Star2: You know as well as I do that the vast, vast majority over on BV still question Vigen, still question Bohl for not making an off-season OC position, and that the jury is still out on the Bison's offense. We won in the PO's and latter part of the season because our D played very well, and we were just flat out more physical on offense then RM or MSU could handle with their defenses, and EWU had a difficult time with that as well, Our offensive play calling changed very little, and, when it did, it was because of DC suggested a play to our OC that he and our D were having a difficult time defending. Neither Bohl nore Vigen were considered the second coming of J.C., especially after the EWU game when some terrible offensive calls were made late in the game--which we lost as a result. But, it is true that most of us thought we would not make the playoffs after that horrible loss to Mizzu State where we scored Zero points against the worst D in the MVFC. If the Sioux can get their offense on track and be physical, they will do just fine in the Big Sky IMO, and the Big Sky may have to adjust their traditional manner of playing.

From Bisonville

WYOBISONMAN

Oh, I am no Vigen fan, and for me the jury is still out on Bohl. I don't think last season convinced me that we don't have some coaching issues at NDSU. But.......back to my orignal question about Mussman........what would it take to get him canned? Or....does he get through this year no matter what happens?

Oh, I am no Vigen fan, and for me the jury is still out on Bohl. I don't think last season convinced me that we don't have some coaching issues at NDSU. But.......back to my orignal question about Mussman........what would it take to get him canned? Or....does he get through this year no matter what happens?

Unless Brian Faison is posting on here, who can answer that question?

I would think that 1) a losing record with a loss to one (or more) of the lower division teams - unless we finished the season VERY strong or 2) a losing record with the team showing little improvement throughout the season and/or not playing with much energy/motivation due to a real or perceived lack of leadership from the coaching staff.

After we lose to a non D1 team Mussman should be sending out his resume. There is no excuses for losing to a non D1 team even when we are still in transition.

Not sure where to ask the question, or maybe I missed it. Other than adding Danny Freund as a coach have the other vacancies been filled yet. I think we need a running back coach as well as O-line. If these have already been filled, then sorry, I missed it.

Not sure where to ask the question, or maybe I missed it. Other than adding Danny Freund as a coach have the other vacancies been filled yet. I think we need a running back coach as well as O-line. If these have already been filled, then sorry, I missed it.

Per Mussman at today's Sioux Boosters in Fargo, Danny Freund will coach RBs and Mussman will coach O-line himself. He said he will hire a generic offensive/administrative asst coach.

Per Mussman at today's Sioux Boosters in Fargo, Danny Freund will coach RBs and Mussman will coach O-line himself. He said he will hire a generic offensive/administrative asst coach.

It seems odd at this level that your head coach would also serve as your o-line coach. I hope Mussman is getting all the help he needs and they are not trying to get by cheap for a year.

It seems odd at this level that your head coach would also serve as your o-line coach. I hope Mussman is getting all the help he needs and they are not trying to get by cheap for a year.

When the schedule came out that was the first indication that they were trying to get by cheap for a year...this just solidify's it. IMO Muss (or any head coach) shouldn't be coaching the OL

When the schedule came out that was the first indication that they were trying to get by cheap for a year...this just solidify's it. IMO Muss (or any head coach) shouldn't be coaching the OL

They would not have found a better OL coach than Mussman. He is top notch and I have a feeling he is missing the Xs and Os of the game and this is his way of getting back in it.

Wow.....Bradley looks impressive. He will be interesting to watch.....

The main knock on him was the number of INT's he threw in his one JC year. We'll have to see if that affects him at UND or not, if he wins the QB battle.

They would not have found a better OL coach than Mussman. He is top notch and I have a feeling he is missing the Xs and Os of the game and this is his way of getting back in it.

He said just that at Sioux Boosters. His exact words were to "for my own sanity, I'm going to coach a position full time."

He went on to say that the remaining coaching position will be filled. It sounds like a "quality control" type job description.