SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 Recruiting

UND Fan

Apparantly there has been an early commitment for the class of 2012. SFI is awaiting confirmation from it's source in the Twin Cities. Any ideas on who it is?

We have heard an early commitment to the Class of 2012 has happened but no confirmation-yet. Waiting to hear from a source in the cities....

Apparantly there has been an early commitment for the class of 2012. SFI is awaiting confirmation from it's source in the Twin Cities. Any ideas on who it is?

Wow - that would be one of the earliest (if not the earliest) commitment I can remember other than a local recruit who had intentions of playing for the Sioux all along.

If it is a kid from the Cities, it may be one of these that have been offered:

RB Andrew Larson, 5'11, 195, 4.5, Eden Prairie (Eden Prairie), MN Has offer from SDSU

TE Taj Rich, 6'2, 215, Robbinsdale (Cooper), MN

DE Brett Pierce, 6'6, 250, Richfield (Holy Angels), MN Has offer from USD

DT Jonathan Harden, 6', 300, St. Paul (Cretin-Derham-Hall), MN (Rivals 2 Star, Scout 2 Star) Has offers from E MI & W MI

Ath Duke Anyanuwu, 6'4, 200, Blaine (Blaine), MN Has offer from Air Force

Ath DJ Hebert, 6'2, 185, 4.6, Osseo (Osseo), MN Has offers from USD, SDSU & UNI

We have some level of interest in another 15-16 prospects from the Cities.

Whoever it is, it would be nice to get a commitment this early. It is good to land the kid but it may also get the attention of other recruits when someone makes a decision to attend UND this early - it sends a good message.

Wow - that would be one of the earliest (if not the earliest) commitment I can remember other than a local recruit who had intentions of playing for the Sioux all along.

RB Andrew Larson, 5'11

UND offers SycamoreQB Bartels

First, Sycamore senior quarterback Ryan Bartels confirmed he got a second college scholarship offer. It came earlier this week from North Dakota. The Fighting Sioux join Indiana State as the two teams that have offered Bartels a scholarship.

"They're tough. They played Northern real hard last year," Bartels said. "We were at that game."

Bartels said he wants to visit the Grand Forks campus, but it may not be until after the season.

RB Andrew Larson, 5'11, 195, 4.5, Eden Prairie (Eden Prairie), MN Has offer from SDSU

TE Taj Rich, 6'2, 215, Robbinsdale (Cooper), MN

DE Brett Pierce, 6'6, 250, Richfield (Holy Angels), MN Has offer from USD

DT Jonathan Harden, 6', 300, St. Paul (Cretin-Derham-Hall), MN (Rivals 2 Star, Scout 2 Star) Has offers from E MI & W MI

Ath Duke Anyanuwu, 6'4, 200, Blaine (Blaine), MN Has offer from Air Force

Ath DJ Hebert, 6'2, 185, 4.6, Osseo (Osseo), MN Has offers from USD, SDSU & UNI

We have some level of interest in another 15-16 prospects from the Cities.

Whoever it is, it would be nice to get a commitment this early. It is good to land the kid but it may also get the attention of other recruits when someone makes a decision to attend UND this early - it sends a good message.

According to the most recent SFI tweet Taj Rich appears to be the commitment. Good news and thanks for the update guys.

Autrey Golden committed to UTEP.

Willis running back Golden commits to UTEP

Willis High School senior running back Autrey Golden last week became the third Wildkats offensive starter to sign to play collegiately when he verbally committed to the University of Texas at El Paso.

Golden, who amassed 1,142 yards and 12 touchdowns on 152 carries last year, also had offers from Colorado State University, the University of North Dakota and the University of North Texas

• 2 weeks later...

NFL Player's Grandson Helps Lead Stevenson's Team

"Carl Miller is an extraordinary football talent,'' said Stevenson coach Bill McNamara. "He has been a starter on Stevenson's defense since sophomore year and has compiled a 22-3 record."

After two games this season, Miller paces the Patriots in tackles (32). He's also mindful that his grandfather is watching his every move.

"I think he's coaching from the stands,'' Miller said. "He loves it. He loves analyzing the game. He talks to me after the game and he really helps me."

Miller, who has a scholarship offer from North Dakota, took in football camps this summer at Illinois, Indiana, Ball State, Western Michigan and Northwestern.

Ashland braces for No. 1 Marist

The most dangerous of those wideouts may be track star Taylor Walcott, who recently announced that he plans on playing football in college despite winning the 5A state championship in the 100-meter dash last spring. His suitors include Idaho, Eastern Washington, Portland State, Montana and North Dakota.

Walcott, who can run a 10.84 100, scored Marist's only two touchdowns

I agree. We have a lot of California kids on our roster. It is our prime recruiting area outside of the immediate area. The game we played at Fresno State last night has got to help our recruiting in California immensely. What a huge positive that game could end up being. I think it could be recruiting Gold for UND.

My initial reaction to the tweet makes me think NDSU is the choice based upon the games being played this weekend. Certainly hope I'm wrong.

On the other hand, SFI referenced their DL sources in the tweet, and there are a lot of UND alums very close to the football program there. At least one has already speculated that UND will ultimately be his choice. With the transition finally over, the start of Big Sky play next year, the strong UND history with DL players and the decent possibility he could play very early, I'm thinking UND has a good chance here.

My initial reaction to the tweet makes me think NDSU is the choice based upon the games being played this weekend. Certainly hope I'm wrong.

This surprises me a bit as it appears his No. 1 choice is Iowa. I assumed he would wait until he learned for sure that an offer would not come from the Hawkeyes. That being said, maybe they did inform him that an offer would not be forthcoming.

I would be very surprised if he is coming to UND but delighted if he is. Considering he is probably going to announce this week and the Bison just happen to be playing the Gophers I am guessing he might be signing with NDSU. The timing just looks like he might not be signing here.