SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ Maine - Saturday

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

And Gleason and Davidson are in Cichy and Rowney out Simpson is in for LaPoint.

BE played bad, but Dell looked awful...mental mistakes of his proportion last night should never happen. Especially on multiple occasions. Suprised he is getting the nod.

Gleason?? At forward...really? I like Davidson alot and where is Bruno? He hasn't sniffed any ice.

This isn't a must win, but it is a game you put your best line combos out on the ice.

I really the move to bring in Davidson, but am really surprised by bringing in Gleason tonight at FORWARD. I guess we'll see. I like the idea of changing things up.

well... he was their only other option when they decided to take out both rowney and cichy. Bruno didn't make the trip.

Last night was a glass of ice water in the face.

Shouldn't the UAA game have been that? :)

I'm not in panic mode yet with this team. There are more than a few wrinkles to iron out, but it's still early. Keep in mind that this is the third straight road trip (2nd in which they are traveling over 1000 miles, and the other they got in an accident). That's tough on the legs and mind.

BE played bad, but Dell looked awful...mental mistakes of his proportion last night should never happen. Especially on multiple occasions. Suprised he is getting the nod.

Gleason?? At forward...really? I like Davidson alot and where is Bruno? He hasn't sniffed any ice.

This isn't a must win, but it is a game you put your best line combos out on the ice.

I think Hak is sending BE a message-he is fed up with his permoance right now. that is the feeling I got last night after the game, when hennessey asked who would start in goal hak said he pretty well knew but wanted to sleep on it just not to make a decision based off of emotion. that gave me the impression he was po'd at BE and rightfulyl so. he hasn't had a strong game yet this season.

wth is gleason doin on that 4th line with two grinders? gleason isnt a grinder... hes barely a forward

we need rodwell in lapoint in

i dont think marto had that great of a game

bench marto and lapoint and get gleason in on d

Rodwell is in, he moved up to the third line with Kristo and Nelson.

Nicee thought but....

If the type of play, (hard nosed, gritty..) is going to be a loss whenever the opponent/refs are of the european/women's/ pansy variety Howdo you get the Win.

You only get to hang a banner with wins. If our style of hockey can't compete either because of the refs or because they score more, Playing our style may not be the way to go.

Now playing european/women's/ pansy may not get players to the next level.... not a good thought when it comes to the future of college hockey..

Unless you have the sheer incompetance of Benedetto every game we will be alright. They didnt cost us the game last night but they had a hand in making sure we didnt get back in it. It's one thing if a team is blowing by you alll night and you are getting called for hooking and holding and obstruction...but that wasnt the case. We had no less than 6 penalties last night for nothing more than a nice clean check, hell the 2 or 3 that were in open ice would have drawn the ire of a womens coach.

MAINE (2-1-2)

Forwards

Spencer Abbott-Tanner House-Gustav Nyquist

Brian Flynn-Robby Dee-Joey Diamond

Mark Anthoine-Matt Mangene-Kyle Beattie

Theo Andersson-Klas Leidermark-Adam Shemansky

Defense

Will O'Neill-Jeff Dimmen

Josh Van Dyk-Mark Nemec

Ryan Hegarty-Mike Banwell

Goalies

Shawn Sirman

Dan Sullivan

Martin Ouellette

NORTH DAKOTA (3-1-1)

Forwards

Jason Gregoire-Corban Knight-Brett Hextall

Evan Trupp-Brad Malone-Matt Frattin

Danny Kristo-Brock Nelson-Derek Rodwell

Brent Davidson-Mario Lamoureux-Joe Gleason

Defense

Andrew MacWilliam-Chay Genoway

Derek Forbort-Ben Blood

Dillon Simpson-Jake Marto

Goalies

Aaron Dell

Brad Eidsness

Checking in from work... GO SIOUX!!!

EDIT: random question for anyone who may know the answer. I recall being told in the past that the auctions at the Ralph for the jersey have to be players that have already graduated or moved on from the team because NCAA rules don't allow them to make money off of players that are still on the team. So why can they sell NCAA football jerseys with people's names on them? Is it just because they are replicas and not authentic? Just a random thought...