SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ Maine - Saturday

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

So, it'd be nice to get more offensive contributions from someone besides Frattin. A couple more guys need to kick it into high gear.

It'd also be nice to not spend a majority of games on the penalty kill. Which considering we play DU this next weekend... doesn't seem to be ending soon.

I'm glad it's early in the season and we can work on improving these issues. I am trying to keep my spirits up. :)

Got off my flight from Denver...went to my car just in time to hear that Blood had scored. Then on the 12 minute drive to my house I had to listen to 2 Maine goals. Rest of game was no treat to listen to either.

Getting swept is not the issue...how we got swept is. Penalty after penalty after penalty...at some point our guys needed to make some kind of adjustment. Defensively we were non-existant for a majority of the weekend. Goaltending is...well our chink in the armour. It will always keep the other team in striking distance. Offensively, Frattin is a scorer but after that what did we produce this weekend. Kristo??? Don't get what's up with him.

This weekend is over and done. Pios next weekend...home opener. Anything less than a 3 point weekend will make this weekend against Maine even less palatable.

In Eidsness, we trus... No, no...In Dell, we... Just stop the frickin' puck!!!

It's a huge bummer to lose to Maine, but they are a good team and we just didn't play well against them.

From what I've heard from my Maine friends, they says Dell played great and that he should be yelling at the team to back him up a little more. He also said that there were quite a few unfair calls against UND, and that they easily could have won had the refs been not so biased.

Not a good effort by the Sioux this weekend. But we don't need anyone jumpin off the bus yet, it's still early in the season.

Practice up, boys. We've got some Pioneers to beat up on next weekend.

Frustrating weekend for sure. Special teams were huge.

Stats for the weekend:

UND: 26 penalties for 63 minutes

FRI: 14 penalties for 39 minutes, SAT: 12 penalties for 24 minutes

Maine: 17 penalties for 34 minutes

FRI: 10 penalties for 20 minutes, SAT: 7 penalties for 14 minutes

Fri Box Sat Box

We played the equivalent of an entire game short-handed. That simply can not happen again. The one bright spot is that we manged to score two short-handed goals.

• Downvote 1

Frattin has some work to do for Hobey.

Carter Camper for Miami has 11 goals and 6 assists already through 6 games. Almost two goals per game compared to Frattin's 1 gpg ;) (not to mention the added assists)

not to be nitpicky...

Camper's stat line is actually 7 g- 10a - 17 pts. Yeah, he's tearing it up no doubt about that.

Just got back from the game and not a lot of fun to be all the way out here and see us play like that. Maine is quick and I was impressed with them. We had moments and then a big let down. Great atmosphere for college hockey at the Afonds Arena .

not to be nitpicky...

Camper's stat line is actually 7 g- 10a - 17 pts. Yeah, he's tearing it up no doubt about that.

Haha, I totally mis-read Miami's box score on USCHO. I thought he had 4 goals and 1 assist, not 5 assists. Basically, where Camper had a primary assist, I thought he had a goal.

As someone that has very high hopes for this team, I find myself wondering... is Maine that good, did we play that bad, were the refs really that dumb as Hennesey was implying, or was it a combo of all this?

It is a combo of all of it. Good thing is that at least this happened early in the season. The Sioux aren't fully clicking/gelling just yet.

• Upvote 1

It is a combo of all of it. Good thing is that at least this happened early in the season. The Sioux aren't fully clicking/gelling just yet.

In watching both games, it was evident that they weren't ready to play this weekend and they were almost surprised or caught off guard with what they saw. They didn

• Upvote 1

Gosh, you'd think it was late March around here...

It's upsetting to get swept, but I'm trying to keep some perspective in all this. We're only three weeks into the season. Chalk up the lessons learned and move on. Not everyone starts fast; not everyone takes three straight road trips (one to AK) to start the season. Sure, these games were critical for PWR, but we're not going to need that after we win the WCHA! I have faith they'll put it together and be playing well when it counts FIVE months from now. How can they not? This is the last season as the FIGHTING Sioux.

Enjoy it.