SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux @ Maine - Saturday

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

I say play our game and if the refs don't know what hockey is we'll at least go down playing hard.

Exactly.

Control what you can control and at least put up an effort worthy of the Sioux uniform.

If we get swept, we can look back at this in April as just another learning experience as we hang #8. :)

Two things are a must to geta win tonight...1) Defensively we have to be the total opposite of last pm. 2) We have to play with a better pace. It is plain to see that to compete against some of these skilled, faster teams, Hak has to let the horses run. Way too much skill, speed and talent on this team to try to cycle and grind every game out.

Our goaltending is what it is...solid on a good nite, what you saw last night on a bad night. They aren't going to steal any games so might as well turn all your offensive guns loose and fire away IMO.

• Upvote 3

Two things are a must to geta win tonight...1) Defensively we have to be the total opposite of last pm. 2) We have to play with a better pace. It is plain to see that to compete against some of these skilled, faster teams, Hak has to let the horses run. Way too much skill, speed and talent on this team to try to cycle and grind every game out.

Our goaltending is what it is...solid on a good nite, what you saw last night on a bad night. They aren't going to steal any games so might as well turn all your offensive guns loose and fire away IMO.

Nothing wrong with a shot on net and I wasn't impressed with the Maine goalie so if they can get some pressure on him I think the Sioux will be successful.

Exactly.

Control what you can control and at least put up an effort worthy of the Sioux uniform.

If we get swept, we can look back at this in April as just another learning experience as we hang #8. :)

Nicee thought but....

If the type of play, (hard nosed, gritty..) is going to be a loss whenever the opponent/refs are of the european/women's/ pansy variety Howdo you get the Win.

You only get to hang a banner with wins. If our style of hockey can't compete either because of the refs or because they score more, Playing our style may not be the way to go.

Now playing european/women's/ pansy may not get players to the next level.... not a good thought when it comes to the future of college hockey..

Who gets the start in net tonight? I am still po'd about eidsness's play last night. I feel he really set the tone poorly last night and couldn't save a puck for the life of him. Then I think about Dells stupid play to come out of the net and disrupt Genoways clearing attempt. Then when he got caught flopping around the side of the net on his stomach, I just don't know who I would trust in net. Is Maris available!

After watching the video highlights (thank you SiouxSportsFan) I counted 4 of the 7 goals came simply because of us either not be aggressive, overly aggressive, or just turning the puck over. When we let in the goals that we let in last night it makes it impossible to come back and be competitive.

Tonight the first goal will be huge for momentum. Maines not an easy place to play, going down 3-0 in the first gets that crowd rocking. Last night reminded me a little of how we beat teams in GF, DU and UofM recently come to mind where we put up 7+ goals. The momentum of our team and crowd drives us. Lets face it, Maine had that same step last night. Forget reffing, although the PP situations were slanted in their favor, you as a team need to adapt and play disciplined.

Sioux tonight will get it done, Eids will come through. 4-2 Sioux

Who gets the start in net tonight? I am still po'd about eidsness's play last night. I feel he really set the tone poorly last night and couldn't save a puck for the life of him. Then I think about Dells stupid play to come out of the net and disrupt Genoways clearing attempt. Then when he got caught flopping around the side of the net on his stomach, I just don't know who I would trust in net. Is Maris available!

Eids will be starting siouxrube told on me on Facebook he talked to Schlossman.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

UND has a number of guys that play with an edge, but playing with an edge doesn't have to go hand and hand with also playing undisciplined. That's what I've seen so far this year. Officiating aside, the guys have to play smarter hockey.

Eids will be starting siouxrube told on me on Facebook he talked to Schlossman.

I think Hak has to get BE back in net ASAP...it only takes a couple early saves to set the tone for BE and the team. The problem is he has to make them.

Team who scores 1st tonight wins IMO. If BE gives up an early one... :sad:

well someone mentioned we should get the split.....well here is my thoughts on that:

EVERYONE wants to win, there is no question about that. But remember, this is VERY early in the season. And what is this team known for? Slow starts. If we do get swept, its not like it will be the worst sweep/weekend in the last few seasons. It wont even be a bad start to the season overall, one of the better ones in recent seasons. So, as much as I want to win, i just dont feel it is a MUST WIN or anything like that. hope that doesnt make me sound anti-winning or anything like that. just being realistic.

well someone mentioned we should get the split.....well here is my thoughts on that:

EVERYONE wants to win, there is no question about that. But remember, this is VERY early in the season. And what is this team known for? Slow starts. If we do get swept, its not like it will be the worst sweep/weekend in the last few seasons. It wont even be a bad start to the season overall, one of the better ones in recent seasons. So, as much as I want to win, i just dont feel it is a MUST WIN or anything like that. hope that doesnt make me sound anti-winning or anything like that. just being realistic.

Certainly not a MUST win game, I'd be nice to get this one. Last night was a glass of ice water in the face. We are beatable and we have to work to earn the right to be ranked #2.

Certainly not a MUST win game, I'd be nice to get this one. Last night was a glass of ice water in the face. We are beatable and we have to work to earn the right to be ranked #2.

agreed. last night hurt. but it pointed out that the "undefeated sioux" as of friday afternoon are not invincible. and we have a lot of work to do. may have been a case of being over-confident and skating as such, instead of skating to win. either way, we gotta play differently tonight and get the win.