SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

14 hours ago, scpa0305 said:

I would be a bit shocked if Berg out produced this past year. Omac may do a bit better but having Blake on his wing was huge. Perron will make a huge jump next year.

Maybe not having Blake will allow him to do more as his stick may see the puck more.

On 5/7/2024 at 10:22 AM, The Sicatoka said:

This guy is a Brandon MB native who's played in the Brandon or Winkler system since 2014. Seems to like to stay close to home. But what is Acadia U that UND "stole" him from per Elite Prospects? 
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/416924/dalton-andrew 

My guess: he's a project forward; likely the F14/15 this fall and see if he can develop. Guessing he has a hole in his game* that needs fixing at the NCAA level. And you can't teach 6'5" so there's that. 

*That's not an insult; when Mike Commodore got here he needed double-runner skates. But that got fixed. 

Looking more at this guy he certainly reminds me of Mike Prpich just a bit bigger version.

Sure, Berry can recruit elite scores; I only wish he knew how to get the grindah shot-blockers.   Sigh— I guess we’ll just have to settle for what we get.   

• Upvote 1

On 5/7/2024 at 10:22 AM, The Sicatoka said:

This guy is a Brandon MB native who's played in the Brandon or Winkler system since 2014. Seems to like to stay close to home. But what is Acadia U that UND "stole" him from per Elite Prospects? 
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/416924/dalton-andrew 

My guess: he's a project forward; likely the F14/15 this fall and see if he can develop. Guessing he has a hole in his game* that needs fixing at the NCAA level. And you can't teach 6'5" so there's that. 

*That's not an insult; when Mike Commodore got here he needed double-runner skates. But that got fixed. 

You could say the same for Cole Smith who also came out of the MJ.  Sub-par NCAA skater to NHLer.  

4 hours ago, burd said:

Sure, Berry can recruit elite scores; I only wish he knew how to get the grindah shot-blockers.   Sigh— I guess we’ll just have to settle for what we get.   

Didn't the team have the league leader in blocked shots or at least was high on the lise.

1 hour ago, SuhakiYeahYeah said:

If there's one thing I want to be exactly like last year, it's this. PLEASE Bubs, keep the locker room in this shot blocking mindset.

It's a mixed bag.  Also a good way to have guys hurt at the end of the year, and if the focus is on tourney, think you need to be judicious and not necessarily jump in front of every shot.

5 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Reads like a high-end Setter (not as much Getter or Shooter). 

I'm excited to see what Boisvert and Swanson can do...especially in their Soph & Jr years if they stick around.
That is a very elite setup man and a very elite finisher coming in with this freshman class.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Chris Heisenberg's recruiting sheet has Grayden Slipec crossed off of UND and listed as un-committed now. I'm not surprised but has anyone heard anything on this? 

I've had him in the "likely not" section of my personal tracker spreadsheet for over a year. 

18 minutes ago, I Ranger said:

Chris Heisenberg's recruiting sheet has Grayden Slipec crossed off of UND and listed as un-committed now. I'm not surprised but has anyone heard anything on this? 

The most recent Steel line chart shows him as committed, but that was over a month ago. COVID derailed his development, but he's had time to get back on track.